Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pre3/TouchPad new Touch to share features? Video

At the Gadget Show Live 2011in the UK on this video demo the guy who is making it, says something about maps and calls that you can make with the touch to share feature, besides the url for web sites.

Good video. Not sure how knowledgeable that person was on maps being part of TTS. Maybe it's just a UK thing but up until today, that's the first time I've heard of maps being part of TTS by an HP rep.

Still waiting to order my Touchpad and Pre3. Money is burning a hole in my pocket!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Good video. Not sure how knowledgeable that person was on maps being part of TTS. Maybe it's just a UK thing but up until today, that's the first time I've heard of maps being part of TTS by an HP rep.

Still waiting to order my Touchpad and Pre3. Money is burning a hole in my pocket!
    Is he saying something about TTT calls too ?

(I have my neighbor hammering something next door I can hear clearly. Thanks)
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Yes the presenter said "same concept applies to the maps" I think TTS is a cool feature. All the TTS features can be implemented using wireless, but the physical touch will make it quicker and simpler.
    this is pretty much the company line. Eventually it will be expanded but no specifics.
  6.    #6  
    Then we have until now:TTS for

.web sites
    .maps
    and JR said on the latest Engadget show : to make for IM

and more to come.
    Last edited by akitayo; 04/16/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Looks smoother now, plus Maps TTS would be an obvious feature and surely welcome!
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $Rubinstein$ $said$ $that$ $they$ $want$ $to$ $give$ $the$ $devs$ $access$ $to$ $TTS$ $to$ $use$ $it$ $for$ $whatever$ $they$ $like$.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $Rubinstein$ $said$ $that$ $they$ $want$ $to$ $give$ $the$ $devs$ $access$ $to$ $TTS$ $to$ $use$ $it$ $for$ $whatever$ $they$ $like$.
    I want the TTS to work on a few set of apps. Enabling it for all apps will clutter the feature.
    now webos looks really smooth and fast, Yup I think they are going to change the game with the touchpad, and the Pre 3 once it launches.
  11.    #11  
    And the launch will be both devices in June
    maps can be opened with a web address, anything with a web address is TTS enabled.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Yep... big difference in performance in this video from the ones at the Feb 9th event.

Much smoother and ultra responsive.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Yep... big difference in performance in this video from the ones at the Feb 9th event.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post

EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS VIDEO!!!

This is optimization in action and will only improve the closer it gets to launch.
    Webpages and maps are cool, but I would like to see TTS expanded to documents and files also. If you have a PDF open on the TouchPad, touch the Pre3 to open the PDF on the Pre3. I would think the PDF file would have to be stored in the cloud to have this be possible, but maybe you could transfer files wirelessly with TTS also. I am not all that knowledgeable on how the TTS technology works, so maybe wireless file transfer isn't possible. Let me know if anyone has any insight to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    Webpages and maps are cool, but I would like to see TTS expanded to documents and files also. If you have a PDF open on the TouchPad, touch the Pre3 to open the PDF on the Pre3. I would think the PDF file would have to be stored in the cloud to have this be possible, but maybe you could transfer files wirelessly with TTS also. I am not all that knowledgeable on how the TTS technology works, so maybe wireless file transfer isn't possible. Let me know if anyone has any insight to this.
    In the Fortune Mag interview, LA specifically says TTS will be used to share "information" between connected devices.

That's a whole new world beyond just sharing pictures and web pages.

Think data, and TTS syncing contacts, calendars, documents, music, etc, between a TP and WebOS smartphone, or a WebOS enabled PC (somehow.. IM still not clear on that, unless new PCs with WebOS running in a browser window will have capacitive touch screens).
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Honestly that's some very smooth, buttery performance. Nice vid, thanks akitayo.
    That orientation flip was impressive (when he exits the game).. fastest I've seen of any tab
    Wow! This is definitely a new build of 3.0. Much faster and smoother. Very exciting. Just wish this video weren't so edited.

This video needs to be front page.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast