Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It's interesting that we still have to wait for summer for this. The software already looks in better shape than the Playbook. And even though it can take a while to source materials and ramp up production, the specs have been in place for a while now, so it's hard to believe hardware is the hold-up. Carriers delay everything, but you can always do a wi-fi only tablet so that seems like a silly reason.

So the question is, why the wait? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I get the feeling that they are waiting on some important 3rd-party apps to be completed before they launch it (or HP products in development like the music service). I could see them waiting if someone like Netflix said they needed the time to make a great app. Of course, it could be waiting for enterprise stuff like VPN or more security, so they can really shove this into big companies.

The point about them not showing the app launcher is a really good one. Something awesome must be hiding in there....
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    It's interesting that we still have to wait for summer for this. The software already looks in better shape than the Playbook. And even though it can take a while to source materials and ramp up production, the specs have been in place for a while now, so it's hard to believe hardware is the hold-up. Carriers delay everything, but you can always do a wi-fi only tablet so that seems like a silly reason.

So the question is, why the wait? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I get the feeling that they are waiting on some important 3rd-party apps to be completed before they launch it (or HP products in development like the music service). I could see them waiting if someone like Netflix said they needed the time to make a great app. Of course, it could be waiting for enterprise stuff like VPN or more security, so they can really shove this into big companies.

The point about them not showing the app launcher is a really good one. Something awesome must be hiding in there....
    I think HP is waiting for Quickoffice editable for the TouchPad, as well.
    If this is how the Touchpad looks now i cant wait to see what it will be like on release!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Here's a different, longer video that looks pretty recent

I didn't see them use the Kindle demo in this one, but the device definitely looks snappier than I've seen in the past demos. That's really encouraging, as I have always felt that WebOS always lacked a snappiness (even when being used on an overclocked device). That's the one clear advantage that I feel iOS has on WebOS. It is just far more responsive and snappy.
    Still cant tell about the bloody gesture area, did he press a button or not. I mean all the latest pictures show a gesture area but I havnt seen anyone use it..
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    he pressed the one button on the front. No gestures. Changing views in email, etc was done with a little panel handle/button in enyo apps. He wasn't running any Mojo apps, which would have on-screen gesture area (that's probably not done yet).
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post

A lot of in house apps need to be completed as well, not just the 3rd party ones...

On a random note: They should throw in Armageddon Squadron II bundled with all Touchpads, kinda like how RIM had Need For Speed preinstalled on all Playbooks.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Highlighting photos on the TouchPad with a pic that looks like Google street view?? Not the best idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    Highlighting photos on the TouchPad with a pic that looks like Google street view?? Not the best idea.
    Bing also has a version of street view, lets hope the TP will be able to access it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Still cant tell about the bloody gesture area, did he press a button or not. I mean all the latest pictures show a gesture area but I havnt seen anyone use it..
    how can you "see" a gesture area in pictures? the touchpad doesn't have a gesture area and never has. It has a black bezel with a button on it. the button does glow similarly to the gesture area on previous webOS devices, but thats where the similarities end
  11.    #51  
    Official HP video featuring webOS and all products at the GSL 2011.

This is an Official HP video at the Gadget Show Live 2011 with some highlights of HP webOS products such as the Preł and TouchPad as well as some reactions to WebOS and Beats Audio, and showing all HP products.

The TTS performance between the Pre3 and the TouchPad is very fast. Maybe on the videos we have seen before, the broadband connection was not so speedy at that time as it looks on this new video now.

I uploaded the video on two formats versions: one flv and the other in mp4

Last edited by akitayo; 04/20/2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: grammar correction
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Official HP video featuring webOS and all products at the GSL 2011.

This is an Official HP video at the Gadget Show Live 2011 with some highlights of HP webOS products such as the Preł and TouchPad as well as some reactions to WebOS and Beats Audio, and showing all HP products.

The TTS performance between the Pre3 and the TouchPad is very fast. Maybe on the videos we have seen before, the broadband connection was not so speedy at that time as it looks on this new video now.

I uploaded the video on two formats versions: one flv and the other in mp4

good video to watch

thanks for the find
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    good video to watch

thanks for the find
    You are welcome.Glad you like it .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123