Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here's a different, longer video that looks pretty recent

Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    this is pretty much the company line. Eventually it will be expanded but no specifics.
    Saying Maps is a pretty specific feature that hasn't been announce before to work with TTS.

Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I want the TTS to work on a few set of apps. Enabling it for all apps will clutter the feature.
    I think enabling it to developers would be good, allowing you to switch playing a game from one Pre 3 to TouchPad would be wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    And the launch will be both devices in June
    Do you know this for sure or ...

Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    Webpages and maps are cool, but I would like to see TTS expanded to documents and files also. If you have a PDF open on the TouchPad, touch the Pre3 to open the PDF on the Pre3. I would think the PDF file would have to be stored in the cloud to have this be possible, but maybe you could transfer files wirelessly with TTS also. I am not all that knowledgeable on how the TTS technology works, so maybe wireless file transfer isn't possible. Let me know if anyone has any insight to this.
    Assuming TouchPad can use Google Doc's, it can!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Here's a different, longer video that looks pretty recent

That was a better video, and you see the guy pretty much did and said the same thing as the other one. Plus he is really good at that game!
    looks good actually. I'm starting to rethink grabbing an android tablet. though, single core ones can be had for under $300...

however, did anyone notice how painfully slow the Pre3 is at loading webpages? I noticed this on the engadget podcast too. It did not seem all that much faster than my 1ghz Pre-...
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Saying Maps is a pretty specific feature that hasn't been announce before to work with TTS.
    Maps is just a weblink so really it's nothing new.

Looking good! Now just to see the apps they announce at launch!

I Just hope they add "advanced gestures" switch so I can swipe from bezel instead of hitting that dumb button.

Edit:

resizing email panels is still junky, no GPU acc?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    Webpages and maps are cool, but I would like to see TTS expanded to documents and files also. If you have a PDF open on the TouchPad, touch the Pre3 to open the PDF on the Pre3. I would think the PDF file would have to be stored in the cloud to have this be possible, but maybe you could transfer files wirelessly with TTS also. I am not all that knowledgeable on how the TTS technology works, so maybe wireless file transfer isn't possible. Let me know if anyone has any insight to this.
    I want TTS to transfer OPEN CARDS or sync up cards not open on one device to the other. THAT WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE FEATURE
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    looks good actually. I'm starting to rethink grabbing an android tablet. though, single core ones can be had for under $300...

however, did anyone notice how painfully slow the Pre3 is at loading webpages? I noticed this on the engadget podcast too. It did not seem all that much faster than my 1ghz Pre-...
    I think this is a result of the network/connection. From experience at convention centers, data performance is often slow on live networks. I would also imagine at a tech conference any wifi network set up is working under a heavy load.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post

I, like runsweetlew, believe this has to do with network performance and not the processor speed. I mean no matter how fast your car is, you can (legally) only go as fast as the speed limit. In this case, the Pre 3 can only go as fast as the network connection allows it. And even if the Pre 3 is on 3G -- depending on where you are, it could be slow or fast.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Do you know this for sure or ...
    Yes for the TouchPad June is confirmed http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2923174

not yet for the Pre3, but IMO it has to come with the TouchPad at launch because the TTS feature. It would be a fail if they donīt launch them together.

Unless HP think different or there are not enough resized apps for the Pre3 yet. Will see.
    anothr one, with the slider open and phone app running
    one more
    Lots of extra videos.. all confirming a definite performance enahncement from Feb 9; the only lags I saw were in using TTS loading up a web page, which is totally dependant on the internet access speeds of the wifi available at the trade show - usually, that bandwidth is incredibly bogged down, so the lag isnt surprising there.

Im guessing that the OS is still not comletely optimized yet, but it's closer to a release candidate than before, for sure.

One more thing: I really like how the sales people have primarily focused on what multitasking means to the average person who would ordinarily think that he/she doesnt need it - the ability to have multiple applications open at once and easily switch back and forth between them to share information amongst them, without losing any data or functionality in any of them is "down and dirty" good, and should appeal to more consumers, both business and personal.

They do need to show an office suite on there, pretty soon, to complete their differenitation from the iPad2 and the android tablets; and a TTS using a word or exel file would really impress alot of people!

Hint, hint!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

lcguy,

I agree man. And they can target it differently as well. For corporate they can show multitasking during emails, web browsing etc. All the important stuff. Lots of times I am writing an email and something important comes in that needs my attention. And they can also show the user working with calendar as well.

for the avg consumer they can show gaming while receiving text messages etc.

its sad how this day and age we have to 'dumb it down' so much to get the point across. But I guess that's what made apple so successful as they get it
    I noticed the pre3 was on the O2 network, probably why the 3G connection was so slow. Plus point though hopefully it means the pre3 is on it's way to O2.still rocking my launch day pre minus on O2 here
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Honestly that's some very smooth, buttery performance. Nice vid, thanks akitayo.
    You are welcome thermodynamic
    I would like to have TTS for a music player.

You've been making a playlist of songs on your Touchpad, you start listening to it, but you have to go, you touch the pad with the phone, and the playlist is transferred with the phone, and assuming you have the same songs on the phone, it resumes playing where you stopped on the pad.

Same for web radios would be great (this one is simple since it's just a web adress)
    It's funny, out of all the videos shown at that show he did not access the launcher once. They clearly want to avoid people saying "oooh, an I see that program?".
    Nice catch. We keep on getting these little slips and leaks of what HPalm is working on in their secret labs. I just can't wait for the launch of this puppy.

I've noticed that the TouchPad in the video is extremely fast. The only kind of wait he had was a half a second for a new email card to launch. Swiping from card to card is much improved as well. I'm also noticing that they are now showing off the Calendar app, which they weren't doing at Feb 9th or MWC. Seems that they are quickly finishing and fixing up WebOS 3.0.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post

resizing email panels is still junky, no GPU acc?
    Yup, this is definitely one thing they need to work on because the email app is something that is really important to alot of people.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    anothr one, with the slider open and phone app running
    wow touchpad looks very fast on this video.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast