Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so this is my 2nd post on this. so i went into sprint again to replace my pre again, they told me how come i dont upgrade, and i said im waiting for something new this summer. i told the guy so will u guys be getting the pre 3. and he said yes! and i said for sure? that there is confirmation? and he said yup that hp/palm reps confirmed that sprint will get it in summer that and the touchpad. then he was telling me about the spec on how its alil beast and all that, then he showed me a email i guess about the pre3 and the specs and all that . it was a pic of the pre3 and had some specs i didnt read it all... i told him 4 sure right and he said that yup if hp/palm doesnt back out at the last minute, he said blackberry promised a all touch phone last year in november and at the last minute backed out and gave them the filp blackberry thingy, he said its not officially announced in public but the told them they"ll get it and touchpad. they said no reps have been in there store yet. he sowed me the kyocera echo with dual screen and said it isnt out yet but he had that and was messing with it ... it looked ok with the dual screens but i dont know about that brand , its sanyo right ? anyways he say there getting it ... thats the 3rd time from that store out here in cali that they told me about the pre3 ...
    Last edited by reyrey818; 04/14/2011 at 12:45 AM.
    Don't get your hopes up. My Sprint rep and the guy that owns the franchise said nothing at all is in the works with the Pre 3 and he's as disappointed as I am....he said they haven't heard a word about carriers yet for that phone but he hopes to get it by CHRISTMAS...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I had a bunch of rude sprint reps say its not coming to sprint and try to shove an android device down my throat. wont go back to that store again.

all we can do is wait and see.
    Well, I am totally convinced. Trusting internet strangers who trust real life strangers has never led me astray!
    All the sprint folks I speak to say just the opposite. not coming to sprint. who knows. you will find out as soon as HP knows. Sprint reps and CS folks know absoilutley nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    All the sprint folks I speak to say just the opposite. not coming to sprint. who knows. you will find out as soon as HP knows. Sprint reps and CS folks know absoilutley nothing.
    It's more a reflection on the kind of salesman you're talking to than anything else. Will they make up stuff you want to hear or will they tell the truth, that they don't know?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    All,

I sent an e-mail to dan@sprint.com telling them I strongly desired a new webOS phone in the future & that I had tried but disliked Android on their 30 day free trial.

I received both an e-mail response & a follow up phone call. No hints either way. Nothing to announce & was told I could sign up as a Sprint Insider for announcements from Sprint on sprint.com. Here is the last e-mail, though I will block out the phone number & names. We just hung up a few minutes ago.
    ------------------------------------------------

Re: HP Palm and webOS (KMM85038225V96885L0KM)
    Inbox
    X
    Dan@sprint.com to me
    show details 11:18 AM (9 minutes ago)
    Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. I appreciate you taking the
    time to speak with me today regarding your feedback for the new Hp Palm
    phones. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you may be
    experiencing due to the lack of information. Currently, Sprint does not
    have any updates available on whether or not will will carry the new
    WedOS HP Palm phones. As discussed, you can sign up to be an insider
    online at Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint. This will allow you to receive email updates
    regarding phone releases, 4G coverage updates, and important
    announcements made for all Sprint customers.

I have forwarded your feedback, referencing Sprint obtaining the new HP
    Palm WebOS phones, to the appropriate personnel for review and
    consideration.

I will be out of the office Friday, April 15, 2011.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
    contact me by replying to this email or calling XXXXXXXXXX. My office
    hours for the week of April 11, 2011 through April 15, 2011 are 9:00 am
    to 6:00 pm EST, Monday through Thursday. My office hours for the week of
    April 18, 2011 through April 23, 2011, are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST,
    Monday and Tuesday through Friday. I will be out of the office on
    Friday, April 15, 2011 and will be leaving the office April 19, 2011 at
    1:00 pm EST.

Thank you for choosing Sprint. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom
    to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!
    Sprint Base Plans Hub

Sprint.com is all about you! My Sprint puts what you want to know,
    right at your fingertips -- take a tour and sign up today!
    www.sprint.com/mysprint
    I have a "middle management" Sprint source telling me as well, that they are getting the Pre 3 & a wimax enabled Touchpad. The Pre 3 this summer, the Touchpad late summer/early fall. She's made no mention of the Veer.

"you will find out as soon as HP knows."

I don't really think that is true. I am sure HP knows at this point what carrier will be carrying the Pre3. Even if all of the details aren't worked out as to release date, HP at least know which carrier they are working on a deal with.

If HP doesn't know at this point, they are procrastinating to the extreme. If this is the case, HP execs should really get on the phone with one of the carriers.
    Your probally right , you would think HP knows.

My sources at sprint are the same ones who told me that they had no interest in the Pre 2. I work for a divisiion of Motorola and we have to speak to at&t Sprint ,T Mobile etc all the time. ALl still say that the Pre 3 is Verizon to start. Whether or not Sprint ever cares to pick it up is unkown. but word is they have zero interest and they are all in on Android for now.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/14/2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    I have a "middle management" Sprint source telling me as well, that they are getting the Pre 3 & a wimax enabled Touchpad. The Pre 3 this summer, the Touchpad late summer/early fall. She's made no mention of the Veer.
    Thats great news. I don't think we will get the Veer though. It's HSPA only right now. All I want is a Pre3 on Sprint, the TouchPad I will get WIFI only. Oh does anybody know if the Pre3 will come with a Hotspot app for Sprint.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheechmo View Post
    Well, I am totally convinced. Trusting internet strangers who trust real life strangers has never led me astray!
    hahaha. I am totally going to use that line.
    but word is they have zero interest and they are all in on Android for now.
    I'm not saying it's not true, but it's strange for carrier to be OS oriented.
    There not all android oriented but have you gone into any of there stores. A huge majority of there phones are now android and the tablet they have now and the ones they are scheduled to get are all Android. The Evo and Shift etc are huige sellers for them and it seems that the 3D might be there biggest yet. I guess you could say they "lean" in the Android way . its there bread and butter now as they say. But if webos ever took off , Sprint would be all over them.Its all about money in the end. Who can make Sprint money.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    There not all android oriented but have you gone into any of there stores. A huge majority of there phones are now android and the tablet they have now and the ones they are scheduled to get are all Android.
    Isn't that true of all carriers? There are only two iphone models to display and ATT has a few WP7 phones. But there are so many different android models in existence that as a % of smartphones on display, android is going to dominate every carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    "you will find out as soon as HP knows."

I don't really think that is true. I am sure HP knows at this point what carrier will be carrying the Pre3. Even if all of the details aren't worked out as to release date, HP at least know which carrier they are working on a deal with.
    I kind of disagree on this point. Obviously HP knows who they are negotiating with, but I don't think its obvious to say that they know who will get it.

Just take Sprint for example. Let's say that HP is in negotiations with them to carry the TP and Pre3. Just because they are negotiating no one, especially HP, can say that Sprint will for sure be getting them. Not until everything is signed, sealed and delivered would it be for sure. At any point in that negotiation Sprint could walk away because HP is asking too much of them, or vice-versa.

If all HP's wishes would come true I think they would like to see the TP and Pre3 all every carrier in the world. Exclusive deals with carriers do not benefit the manufacturer, they only benefit the carrier (if the product is good enough). Like the iPhone -- Apple would have like to have seen the iPhone on every carrier, but AT&T made the money worth it to Apple to have exclusivity.

Only time will tell which carriers will have the TP and Pre3, anyone who claims absolutely one way or another right now is just speculating.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    In the spirit of
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheechmo View Post
    I'm passing along another anecdote. I'm enjoying the NYT crossword at lunch today, and I overhear the 2 gentlemen next to me discussing installation of computer systems. However, I perked up big time when the polished and professional southern Asian gentleman mentioned "webOS", and he pulled out a Pre+ to show his companion (customer?) multitasking.

I couldn't help myself, and began endorsing the virtues of webOS myself. I mentioned patches and overclocking, saying how my Pre- may not up to the task of upgrading to 2.1 due to limited RAM. I mentioned PreCentral, and he said, "We have something like that internally." He says that the Pre3 would be much better. I said I certainly hoped that it would come out on Sprint, and he nodded. I said, "This summer?", and he nodded. I said, "June?", and he said, "yes". I couldn't resist. I asked, "Promise?" He replied with a broad smile, "I learned long ago in this business not to make promises." He mentioned a "wide distribution" for the Pre3 and TP. I asked about LTE or Wimax on Splrint. He said Wimax, and we agreed that Sprint's ambivalence about their 4G technology could be delaying a decision. He pointed out that AT&T is a quicker adopter.

My bottom line: I believe he was HP working on a corporate deal, and I am even more hopeful that Pre3 is coming to Sprint in June (along with TP).
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Veer is GSM only according to the HP presentations.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    If the touchpad doesn't come out till after June then they will have to sell it for dirt cheap, because it will be nearly obsolete.
    First, to be clear, i didn't want to sound rude in my previous post
    Yeah, I saw here at Precentral that US carriers went Android in big way.

Its all about money in the end. Who can make Sprint money.
    That is maybe why there is no news about P3 release - HP having rough times with carrier negotiations. Looks like HP have to "drop pants all way down with price and terms" to be able to sell it through any carrier. Maybe they are bidding price. I'm certain, if HP offer good price to carriers, they will support new HP phones despite Android hysteria. But, good price in this case is probably way under any HP's margin. At the end, HP will have to accept carriers terms and offer P3 at any price acceptable by carriers just to reestablish webOS smartphone on market. When they negotiate price, than they should find appropriate launch day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast