Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

So it's looking like the Veer is heading towards a May release. Do you guys still think that the Pre 3 will be up and ready by the end of my Sprint (-)Pre contract in June? :P --- And if so, Do you guys think that the Veer/Pre3 would fall under the same carrier?

What do you guys think?

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    june 6 2 year since pre minus launch that's my guess
    I plan to buy it around september.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    it will be ready in the coming weeks!
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    I plan to buy it around september.
    there's a rumor that the Stingray might be coming out then, if that happens to be your thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ra88sheed View Post
    Hey guys,

So it's looking like the Veer is heading towards a May release. Do you guys still think that the Pre 3 will be up and ready by the end of my Sprint (-)Pre contract in June? :P --- And if so, Do you guys think that the Veer/Pre3 would fall under the same carrier?

What do you guys think?

I assume that the Pre3 will come out sometime in June, most likely around the same time as the TouchPad. As for the Veer its only HSPA so we wont see it on Sprint.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    That would make it my Birthday phone then.
    Sometime in June 2011. not sure on the date.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    there's a rumor that the Stingray might be coming out then, if that happens to be your thing.
    No no, Pre3, but as french, I expect the european release a little later than the american one, which probably takes us to september, october maybe. Nothing happens during summer anyway...

June would be great, but it doesn't sound very realistic for me(in europe).
    As a Frenchie, you should know that the Pre 2 was released in France long before it reached any other shore. And HP is certainly big enough to be able to stage a simultaneous (or very nearly so) global release... and yes, this German is hoping, not knowing.

I've got my money on this schedule: Veer (May), TouchPad 10 (June), Pre3 (July), TouchPad 7 (August), "Myte" (September), "Gyst" (November) - although I wouldn't be surprised if the TouchPads and Pre3 / Myte were to switch positions. I would be surprised if it actually panned out exactly as I say
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    As a Frenchie, you should know that the Pre 2 was released in France long before it reached any other shore. And HP is certainly big enough to be able to stage a simultaneous (or very nearly so) global release... and yes, this German is hoping, not knowing.

I've got my money on this schedule: Veer (May), TouchPad 10 (June), Pre3 (July), TouchPad 7 (August), "Myte" (September), "Gyst" (November) - although I wouldn't be surprised if the TouchPads and Pre3 / Myte were to switch positions. I would be surprised if it actually panned out exactly as I say
    Unfortunately, right now HP doesn't seem to know how to release a phone. There building hardware and designs that will be outdated by their release. Pre-3 by july, there will be multiple dual-core snapdragon/tegra 2 4g phones out. I am a pre user but about to switch to a better phone. I can't wait around for out-dated hardware. The OS is amazing but again when there is little to no development, and slow release dates I can no longer stay with HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post
    Unfortunately, right now HP doesn't seem to know how to release a phone. There building hardware and designs that will be outdated by their release. Pre-3 by july, there will be multiple dual-core snapdragon/tegra 2 4g phones out. I am a pre user but about to switch to a better phone. I can't wait around for out-dated hardware. The OS is amazing but again when there is little to no development, and slow release dates I can no longer stay with HP.
    With each day that passes by it's getting harder to stay with WebOS. I've had an upgrade since December, I've got another one coming up in July and I find myself wondering WHEN if any I will have something new in my hands to show friends/family. My GF wants a new Android phone because she's also tired of hearing me say wait. There is still no carrier announcement, and for me that's been the biggest issue. If i know it's coming to all carriers then that's Great, i will wait. Were only 2 months away from what we speculate the date of release for the Pre3 is with no mention of any confirmed carriers.

Additionally there is little support for applications. I want more vendor/business support for apps. Online banking, Local news, Local TV streaming (Time Warner Cable). I want those apps too.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

The fact that the Pre2 came to France before the US is just a matter of carriers, I doubt HP will let the same thing happen to the Pre3 (at least I hope for them...).
    I'd be very very pleased by a release in July though.
    4 days till upgrade....16 months with the phone, I think I can hold out until there is MORE than 1 option of webOS phone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    My upgrade kicked in April 1, my Sprint contract expires June 5, if there is no announcement of a Sprint Pre 3 by then, hi-ho, hi-ho, it's an Android Evo 3D I go.
    And even if there is, I admit the specs of the Evo 3D look amazing and with an extra $10 a month for data, I may as well get a 4G phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    My upgrade kicked in April 1, my Sprint contract expires June 5, if there is no announcement of a Sprint Pre 3 by then, hi-ho, hi-ho, it's an Android Evo 3D I go.
    And even if there is, I admit the specs of the Evo 3D look amazing and with an extra $10 a month for data, I may as well get a 4G phone.
    Somebody speculated that the 25/8 slogan on a Pre3 ad might also be a hint to its release date.

And that sounds realistic to me.

My best guess is end of august - so - sorry - not in June.
    And Rubinstein said "summer". June would be at the beginning of summer- doesn't sound likely to me.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    And if the Evo 3D isn't released by then? It doesn't have a release date other than "summer" either.
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Somebody speculated that the 25/8 slogan on a Pre3 ad might also be a hint to its release date.

I wonder if the 25/8 is nothing more than a marketing gimmick to say that the Pre3 is a super work horse that can go "25 hours a day 8 days a week"?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulliedog View Post
    I wonder if the 25/8 is nothing more than a marketing gimmick to say that the Pre3 is a super work horse that can go "25 hours a day 8 days a week"?
    That's what I think. There's no wa they are waiting that long for the Pre3,
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    And if the Evo 3D isn't released by then? It doesn't have a release date other than "summer" either.
    I'm optimistic that the Evo 3D will be out no later than July 4. If there's no Sprint-Pre 3 announcement by then, it'd be safe to say, Sprint won't be carrying any Web OS device until the fall.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast