Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What I'm wondering is: is video chat ever going to be used? Because I used to have video chat capable phones long before Apple invented the revolutionary innovation of video chat and never, ever ever used the feature (have laptops with webcams now and never, ever use the feature, ditto all of my friends).

All of my iPhone 4-totin' buddies admit to have used it once or twice to verify the divine genius of Steve Jobs - it really worked, magically! - and never since.

Not that it's bad to have the option. It's great. Options always are. I'm just wondering how many people are actually going to make use of it, and then how often.
    I'm happy for you. What I mean is, all the people who mean a lot to you are always closeby. But unfortunately for a lot of us, that is not the case. I travel a lot on business. I do miss my wife when im on the road for days. My siblings are spread across the world. My in-laws are in NJ while we are in GA. So my wife feels like chatting with her parents. I can go on... but you get the point.
    And yeah, with my buddies i get to see every weekend, i dont use video chat. i just text them, and they show up at the tavern.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What I'm wondering is: is video chat ever going to be used? Because I used to have video chat capable phones long before Apple invented the revolutionary innovation of video chat and never, ever ever used the feature (have laptops with webcams now and never, ever use the feature, ditto all of my friends).

All of my iPhone 4-totin' buddies admit to have used it once or twice to verify the divine genius of Steve Jobs - it really worked, magically! - and never since.

Not that it's bad to have the option. It's great. Options always are. I'm just wondering how many people are actually going to make use of it, and then how often.
    My sister uses FaceTime daily with her husband in Afghanistan. He took his iPhone 4 with him and uses it as an iPod. FaceTime only requires wifi; even if you don't use the video aspect, it's free calling over wifi.
    As to how it will work (or hope it will), my impression is that HP will have skype as part of the phone app or video chat synergy. Video chat will be part of the phone app. Synergy should allow skype or other third parties to plug into it. Your contacts from skype (or other) should be mixed in with other contacts.

It should be as simple as tapping on a contact's video chat icon. Just type...contact, tap skype.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12