Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm REALLY excited about the Camera AND the fact that it will probably be made of BETTER MATERIAL....
    I'm excited by the screen size and bigger keyboard. I really like the dimensions of the Pre, but just a bit bigger would be good. I don't want a tablet masquerading as a phone. The Pre3 strikes me as the perfect size.
    display size and cpu.
    Auto-focus.
    I'm still on the fence about screen size. I like that it is 3.58", but feel it would have been better to keep the same aspect ratio of older devices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I'm excited by the screen size and bigger keyboard. I really like the dimensions of the Pre, but just a bit bigger would be good. I don't want a tablet masquerading as a phone. The Pre3 strikes me as the perfect size.
    me too.
    Just call me Berd.
    Display size for sure. That's the one thing the pre lacked for me. I could even live without the autofocus camera. A bigger display is the primary reason I didn't get a pre2. In act, if the pre 2 had the big screen, I would just purchase that because is got a better graphics card than Pre 3 does. And the processor is just about as good. Just clocked slower.
    what would make you say the graphics processor in the Pre2 is better than the Pre3?
    At the moment, Nothing excites me about the pre3. There has been no information about the possible carrier other than the rumors.

IF i had to choose something that i like about the up-coming pre3 IF it came to sprint, i would have to say that i like the upcoming integrated eco-system that they are making with this revision of the software. I like the potential of this and where it can go. It looks like this could be the one thing to challenge iWhatever and be easier to use and work with.
    • Display size
    • Ridiculous processor
    • Autofocus 5 MP that might load in less than a minute.
    • HD video
    • Maybe ecosystem interaction. Not yet sure I need a Touchpad
    • And how about that I can finally (or hopefully will be able to) recommend a webOS device to family/friends/coworkers!
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 04/08/2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: No gyro, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    • Display size
    • Ridiculous processor
    • Autofocus 5 MP that might load in less than a minute.
    • HD video
    • Gyro
    • Maybe ecosystem interaction. Not yet sure I need a Touchpad
    • And how about that I can finally (or hopefully will be able to) recommend a webOS device to family/friends/coworkers!
    I don't think the pre 3 will have a gyroscope.I don't why they left it out.

I love the screen size now
    The new design
    two cameras
    Hd video
    faster processor
    extra memory(16gb)
    WebOS 2x

I admit that they may be catching up and sometimes I don't what they are doing by having so many phones announced and you can't even buy any.But they are on the right track.Just get the phone out asap.
    World Phone with WebOS
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Screen size for sure; at least it'll be on par with the fruit phone in that respect.

The processor is also a big thing for me. I have a minus that's OC'd, and still it seems like it laggs from time to time.

Camera...well, I think the front facing camera to be something to look forward to; mainly b/c we'll now have video chat.

I'm looking forward also to the touch to share technology. I know it's something that will initially work with the TouchPad, but I can see a future that will open up many possibilites for this.

In closing, I'm really just looking forward to a new webOS phone. I do love my minus, but after nearly 2 years, it's time for an upgrade; not just in software, but in hardware as well.

Just my 2....
    With all of the specs we know about, tts the first real WebOS superphone, and it has a physical keyboard!

To me, this means performance, usability and, oh yeah.. PERFORMANCE!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Gotta be the size of the phone for me. I always thought The Pre+ was a chick phone because of it's size. Yet this little sucker is powerful, very fast and user friendly. I have large hands, and The P3 will be the best for me. I have a question for Palm: "Will the size of the keyboard be larger than its predecessor?" (You gotta be gnome to use the current versions!!!)
    I'm looking forward to it because it runs a better webOS on faster hardware with a sharper screen and bigger keyboard. Everything my Pre does (and does well), the Pre 3 does better. And to top it off, it comes with the two things I often find myself missing in my Pre: a compass and autofocus camera.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrightpoetry View Post
    I have a question for Palm: "Will the size of the keyboard be larger than its predecessor?" (You gotta be gnome to use the current versions!!!)
    Go check out Ruby's Pre3 presentation again (or take my word for it) - the P3's keyboard is the biggest Palm have ever put on any phone, and they made a point of mentioning it a couple times
    The processor, the screen size, the keyboard.
    I am most excited about the Processor, larger screen, and most of all the better keyboard. Trying not to get my hopes up for the keyboard but am really looking forward to handling it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Speed, better resolution, build quality, auto focus camera.
    Unlike most, I actually prefer the smaller form factor of Pre/Pre2. I want a phone that can easily slip into my pocket like those dumb phones used to do. Phone sizes these days are getting out of hand just like cars in the last 15 years.
    Screen size
    Faster Processor
    keyboard
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Screen size
    Faster Processor
    keyboard
    I second that, also better build more memory(Flash and Ram) then the Pre Minus.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast