Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Simple answer, everything. I love my pre minus and the pre3 is an upgrade to everything the pre has
    I am dying for the date to be released so i can at least have something to look forward to. My pre minus holds a charge for about an hour. its not the battery its just the processor has been beat to hell and back with all of my modding. I cant wait to tear up the pre 3 with some homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Simple answer, everything. I love my pre minus and the pre3 is an upgrade to everything the pre has
    I concur.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I'm excited by the screen size and bigger keyboard. I really like the dimensions of the Pre, but just a bit bigger would be good. I don't want a tablet masquerading as a phone. The Pre3 strikes me as the perfect size.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I say screen, flash support, keyboard, hotspot (it does have that right), improved build quality, compatibility w/ homebrew & front facing camera.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    It's an evolutionary product that should be more durable, and funcion better.
    1. Dual microphones should improve sound quality and related evolution od OS software should permit useful apps like VOIP apps and voice recognition.
    2. Larger, higher res screen should make reading easier, and provide more real estate for applications.
    3. Updated circuits should improve speed of apps and user interface, and the cellular radio should permit access to most European gsm signals in addition to US cdma signals (i.e. World phone).
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    • Display size
    • Ridiculous processor
    • Autofocus 5 MP that might load in less than a minute.
    • HD video
    • Gyro
    • Maybe ecosystem interaction. Not yet sure I need a Touchpad
    • And how about that I can finally (or hopefully will be able to) recommend a webOS device to family/friends/coworkers!
    Sorry to tell you but a Gyro is not part of the specs...believe it or not, the lack of a gyro has affected my decision not to purchase the Pre3 and switch to Evo 3d. Augmented reality apps are the future and I m not about to be left behind again and for all you nay sayers the compass is not enough...
    5 awesome ways augmented reality could improve your life
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Sorry to tell you but a Gyro is not part of the specs...believe it or not, the lack of a gyro has affected my decision not to purchase the Pre3 and switch to Evo 3d. Augmented reality apps are the future and I m not about to be left behind again and for all you nay sayers the compass is not enough...
    5 awesome ways augmented reality could improve your life
    Oh. Wow. Thought it did. That was kind of the least of my concerns anyway.

But I haven't checked your link yet.

Edit: Duh. I was thinking compass.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 04/09/2011 at 03:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    The larger screen and more importantly a glass screen!! It might sound silly but Im really looking forward to one that won't damage as easily.
    Flash....and flash...did i mention Flash? Bigger screen, the bump to share thing with tablet and Exhibition/TouchStone mode that looks pretty good
    If it comes out on Sprint, that will excite me.

Honestly, I'd be happy with a Pre2 on Sprint. I want a faster processor and more RAM, mostly. I'd like flash, I'd like a larger screen, I'd like a camera that can photograph bar codes so apps can work with that (if anyone bothers to write them) but mostly i just want a faster, smoother experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    If it comes out on Sprint, that will excite me.

Honestly, I'd be happy with a Pre2 on Sprint. I want a faster processor and more RAM, mostly. I'd like flash, I'd like a larger screen, I'd like a camera that can photograph bar codes so apps can work with that (if anyone bothers to write them) but mostly i just want a faster, smoother experience.
    I don't believe Sprint will get another webOS phone, so I think your best option will be to make a FrankenPre2.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by premaster View Post
    i am dying for the date to be released so i can at least have something to look forward to. My pre minus holds a charge for about an hour. Its not the battery its just the processor has been beat to hell and back with all of my modding. I cant wait to tear up the pre 3 with some homebrew.
    is that why my battery sucks!?!?!?
    Awesome build quality...

Speed...

Keyboard...
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I'm looking forward to it because it runs a better webOS on faster hardware with a sharper screen and bigger keyboard. Everything my Pre does (and does well), the Pre 3 does better. And to top it off, it comes with the two things I often find myself missing in my Pre: a compass and autofocus camera.
    I couldn't have said that any better.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Just thought of what I really am very excited about.

I am super excited about the integration with the touchpad. I have a xoom and an iPhone now, and I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I have said to myself "wow, I wish I had touch to share so that I could just ru. Along with just my phone and not lose what I was doing on the tablet" or actually I think of this more : " I wish I could just text from my xoom!"

Man, that integration will sure come in handy!
    1. BIGGER DISPLAY
    2. Presumably better build
    3. Better/faster processor
    4. Exhibition mode & Touch-to-share (two things that I think are going to excite people who haven't really paid any attention to WebOS before)

I must admit that I am super disappointed that they didn't offer at least a 32GB flavor. I really thought they'd increase that on this version. It puzzles me as to why they're sticking with the 8GB and 16GB.

Oh, and why no Gyro?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreG8ter View Post
    Oh, and why no Gyro?
    Yes the lack of 3 axis gyro will come back and bite HP in the ****... Augmented reality apps and games don't work as well with just a compass.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast