Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. ItsBrett's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hello,
    I have been a silent part of this community for around a year now, and I have a slight dilemma. I am eligible for an upgrade starting in May, and I was really hoping to stay with webOS. Should I wait to see if the Pre3 gets announced on sprint? Android is not all that appealing to me, and blackberry is a solid no. What are your thoughts?

    Thank you.
  2. #2  
    Wait with your upgrade, like me. Pre3!!!!

    Sprint warriors.
    Prē
  3. #3  
    Don't know what to tell you. There isn't any info on when or if Sprint will carry any webos phones. The Pre3 looks great and worth waiting for if we knew it was coming to Sprint. I'd say maybe check out an Android phone for a few weeks then you can return it and wait to see if any news comes in May. You may end up liking the phone and not feel the need to wait. At least you'll know what awaits you if the Pre3 doesn't come to Sprint.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Don't know what to tell you. There isn't any info on when or if Sprint will carry any webos phones. The Pre3 looks great and worth waiting for if we knew it was coming to Sprint. I'd say maybe check out an Android phone for a few weeks then you can return it and wait to see if any news comes in May. You may end up liking the phone and not feel the need to wait. At least you'll know what awaits you if the Pre3 doesn't come to Sprint.
    This is kind of what I did.... When my sprint pre died- I ordered up an unlocked pre2 development phone from HP"s website for well over 300$.... I picked up an HTC Evo Shift for my upgrade. I LOVE webOS but just can't seem to put my shift down. No more waiting for things to open, no more missed or prolonged touches to do stuff... the shift just works. Something I was overly frustrated with my pre about.

    Never know what you may like....
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsBrett View Post
    Hello,
    I have been a silent part of this community for around a year now, and I have a slight dilemma. I am eligible for an upgrade starting in May, and I was really hoping to stay with webOS. Should I wait to see if the Pre3 gets announced on sprint? Android is not all that appealing to me, and blackberry is a solid no. What are your thoughts?

    Thank you.
    I have the same issue. My upgrade comes up in may. I am personally waiting till EVO3D is released to see If pre 3 or something from WebOS comes to sprint. If nothing announced by that time I get an EVO3D.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I have the same issue. My upgrade comes up in may. I am personally waiting till EVO3D is released to see If pre 3 or something from WebOS comes to sprint. If nothing announced by that time I get an EVO3D.
    IMHO this is the best approach. If you are "in the market" for a Pre3 then you are looking for a high end device. While the OG EVO is a pretty sweet device, the EVO 3D should blow it out of the water. It is a known fact that the EVO 3D is coming (eventually) to Sprint. Waiting for that would seem to be the wisest move and if the Pre3 slips into the mix at some point in time before you would acquire the EVO 3D, THEN you would have to make the choice (which I assume most people around these parts would pick the Pre3).
  7. #7  
    EVO3D is the best option in terms of what is known to be coming to Sprint right now. Since, Sprint is also moving towards more integration with google voice Android may become even more appealing on Sprint.

    Pre3 is going to be a world phone on Ve3rizon and Sprint if and when they launch. My local Sprint store people have told me that Pre3 will "first" come to Verizon.

    WebOS and world phone capability are two big draws for me for Pre3 everything else (procesor, screen size, camera, apps, 3D) is better with EVO3D. The tie breaker will be availability.
  8. ItsBrett's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
       #8  
    Thank you all, I think I'm going to upgrade to an android device and see how it treats me. The EVO3D is just not for me though, not into the whole 3D gimmick. Maybe an OG EVO, or the Nexus S.
  9. #9  
    Sounds good man!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsBrett View Post
    not into the whole 3D gimmick
    I can understand and appreciate that, but remember the whole 3D thing is really only there for games and specialized apps (if I am not mistaken). So even if you get the EVO3D doesn't mean that you will be subjected to something that you don't want or need.

    Having said that, I love my OG EVO but will be getting rid of it next February for the EVO 3D. The Nexus S looks cool too as long as Sprint doesn't get in the way of updates.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsBrett View Post
    Hello,
    I have been a silent part of this community for around a year now, and I have a slight dilemma. I am eligible for an upgrade starting in May, and I was really hoping to stay with webOS. Should I wait to see if the Pre3 gets announced on sprint? Android is not all that appealing to me, and blackberry is a solid no. What are your thoughts?

    Thank you.
    Being that the Pre3 is likely coming out in June, and there is possibly going to be a full touchscreen device as well, I would recommend waiting. I have been eligible for an upgrade since last June and have just kept waiting. With Sprint, you now only get an upgrade every 22 months, so you don't want to get a device you may not be happy with down the road. If you really want webOS, I would recommend waiting until at least the end of June to see what your options are.

    But, as always, it is your decision, so do what you think is best for your situation.
  12. #12  
    Upgrade when it breaks, as far as I know. If you haven't already lost your upgrade when the change over happened. Your not going to loose the upgrade. Wait till it breaks then upgrade. If by then there is no webOS phone. What are you going to do about it. Its not like you can get a Sprint Pre to replace it...

    I will be waiting myself till my phone does break. I will very likly try out the Nexus S on sprint. Might do an upgrade to that after a month or two of it being out. But for now. Just chill.
  13. ericp74's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #13  
    I'm in the same boat, but been eligible for an upgrade since Feb 1st. I really love my Pre & had it since launch day. This is the longest I ever have had any phone & getting really antsy to have something new. I just wish they will just announce what carrier the Pre3 is going on, so I can put myself out of misery & upgrade to either the Arrive or Epic if the phone isn't going to Sprint.
  14. #14  
    Hopefully Sprint will end up with a Pre3 (at launch, not 6 months later). For what it's worth I was on the phone with Sprint yesterday activating my new phone (LD Pre- dead ). I asked the rep about Pre3 details and she said that usually customers find out those things before they do, but after some prying she said she'd ask the go to guy a.k.a the office geek. After listening to there muffled conversation she told me she had good news and bad news. The good news being to his knowledge the phone is on schedule for summer still, the bad news is that Sprint will not offer the phone and so far Verizon is the only carrier to agree to carry it. Of course we won't know anything until it's official, but that actually sounds like what is most likely going to happen to me. :/
  15. #15  
    I think you've already made your mind up and are looking for a bit of validations, eh? Stick it out, and if the pre3 isn't coming, you have plenty of other options. I've been waiting since last June. In the same boat here. No new webOS by then, Android it (unfortunately) is.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  16. #16  
    Id say wait it out till the summer one way or another. Give the Pre3 a shot and if it doesn't work out, which I HIGHLY doubt it wont work out, There will be a barrage of other releases then too. Due note carriers are only giving out 2 year upgrades now so makem count and don't be impulsive to the moment.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  17. #17  
    Get the nexus.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions