Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Hopefully this doesn't lead to a slew of cookie cutters. I like my Pre 2 and its slider. So much better than any vk out there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I'll never buy a keyboard-less phone ever again.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I'll never buy a keyboard-less phone ever again.
    have you ever tried swype? Makes virtual keyboards amazing!
    This is a huge positive for HP. Some people love keyboards and others will never go back to them again.

If this is as big as an EVO like the tipster says, it will be easy to type on. The really significant part is that HP will have a phone to go up against the big boys.

There is no right or wrong on this. Choice is good. Just get the one that feels best to you. Whether you like a keyboard or not, this is good for HP to have more than 2 phones.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/06/2011 at 08:29 AM.
    If this is confirmed, does it finally mean all the people who say webOs is an EPIC FAIL if it doesn't come out with a slate will stop?
    i'm not a big fan of vk either. If I was, I'd buy an iphone. I don't like keyboards taking up room on my screen.
    +1 i love having a keyboard.
    Have you ever driven down a bumpy road and tried making a phone call?? It isn't that easy. Personally, I like having a physical keyboard, but if they came out with a decent model without one, I'd consider it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    This would not be for me, but I know some love the virtual keyboard thing, so I guess the more form factors HP can get out there the better it is for WebOS.
    since it looks like the pre3 is going to verizon maybe this will be released on sprint.
    correct this is a very good thing, though i still dont know why people are surprised when we all knew HP/Palm intended on bringing multiple form factors to the table. People seem to be impatient, and make threads like HP dosent care about the smartphone market, because their focus is elsewhere for a few months smh. Some of us are really bad fans, and supportors.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    have you ever tried swype? Makes virtual keyboards amazing!
    Too bad they'll never make anything for webOS. I've emailed them several times as well as starting a thread. It's gained some popularity but not enough.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    This is a huge positive for HP. Some people love keyboards and others will never go back to them again.

If this is as big as an EVO like the tipster says, it will be easy to type on. The really significant part is that HP will have a phone to go up against the big boys.

There is no right or wrong on this. Choice is good. Just get the one that feels best to you. Whether you like a keyboard or not, this is good for HP to have more than 2 phones.
    I don't think it was an accident it was compared to a Sprint exclusive phone. The tipster could have easily said it is a 4 inch phone. I think this, with the combined info that the Pre 3 is indeed coming to Verizon, confirms one of my theories of why HP is being quite on carriers: They have a Sprint phone coming to Sprint, they weren't ready to show it yet but didn't want Sprint people to get mad. I mean, I think Sprint doesn't want another "Pre" device.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
    If this is confirmed, does it finally mean all the people who say webOs is an EPIC FAIL if it doesn't come out with a slate will stop?
    They will never stop. They will start saying "WebOS is fragmented now since not every phone has a keyboard". Wanna take bets?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Have you ever driven down a bumpy road and tried making a phone call?? It isn't that easy. Personally, I like having a physical keyboard, but if they came out with a decent model without one, I'd consider it.
    True. I'd also like a killer voice dialing feature to get around that problem.
    This new mystery phone looks intriguing and I want to see the specs, but I would still prefer a Pre3 for the keyboard. Hopefully Sprint and Verizon get both devices so people on both networks have more than 1 options for webOS. I would imagine if Verizon gets the Pre3, Sprint would likely get it shortly after, but who knows. Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    True. I'd also like a killer voice dialing feature to get around that problem.
    Voice dial on my Pre 2 works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    This new mystery phone looks intriguing and I want to see the specs, but I would still prefer a Pre3 for the keyboard. Hopefully Sprint and Verizon get both devices so people on both networks have more than 1 options for webOS. I would imagine if Verizon gets the Pre3, Sprint would likely get it shortly after, but who knows. Time will tell.
    I hope I get a choice too. The only reason I will get a slab over the Pre 3 is if the slab has better specs (4G, 1.2 Snapdragon dual core, more RAM, better screen res) but if I am right I don't think we Sprint folks will get a choice. At least not right away.

But here is hoping I am wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Too bad they'll never make anything for webOS. I've emailed them several times as well as starting a thread. It's gained some popularity but not enough.
    Never say never.

isilo said bluntly they were'nt going to do their app for webOS, and now they said they will.

Yes, Swype would be perfect.
    Not to take this thread over, but:

Suggestion Swype on WebOS
    Sprint Love
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast