Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I prefer typing on the iphone software keyboards (3.5" screen) and the WP7 software keyboard (Samsung Focus; 4" screen) to any of the Palm's phone keyboards. I've owned a Pre+, then a Pixi+ and then finally a Pre2 and the physical keyboards were nothing to write home about.

To be fair though, the hardware keyboard on the Pre2 was better than the beta software keyboard that Palm hid in the webOS 2.0 release. If was a choice between those two, i'd stick with the hardware keyboard.

I like a physical keyboard when it enables features like Just Type. However a gesture can be included for requesting a software keyboard at any time so Just Type would still be there. I'd like the Pre keyboard a lot more if it came with arrow keys—that's something useful that can't be replicated by a software keyboard (or maybe a trackball or trackpad would be included).
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    They might make a feature called Just Speak!
    Someday.... "Just Think!"...
    did you guys realize how big the pre3 with keyboard will be when you slide it open a BEAST bigger then any phone out now who would not hate such a phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    did you guys realize how big the pre3 with keyboard will be when you slide it open a BEAST bigger then any phone out now who would not hate such a phone?
    It's only that size when opened and you're using it. When closed the size is akin to any of the mid-size smartphones out now.

Plus, you're wrong. The Dell Venue Pro is larger.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678