Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 144
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I was being sarcastic
    ah
    fair enough
    my bad
  2. 22350's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Really the key words from the tipster are: "an EVO with webOS".

    He did not say it was like the 3.7" Droid Incredible.

    He said it was like the 4.3" EVO.

    HP will have a phone to go up against the big boys like the Atrix 4G, Thunderbolt LTE, EVO 3D, Galaxy S 4G, Droid X2 LTE, LG Optimus 3D, and all the other 4"+ phones.
    yea, the day after the calender ends in 2012.
    Last edited by 22350; 04/12/2011 at 10:47 AM.
  3. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #103  
    I just sent my letter to dan@sprint.com. I just got a standard response. Here it is:

    Dan@sprint.com to me
    show details 12:58 PM (39 minutes ago)
    Thank you for taking the time to write. We'll be looking through all the
    ideas and feedback we receive.

    This will, of course, take some time. I appreciate your patience until
    we can get you a response. A representative from my office will be
    contacting you in about a week.

    In the meantime, I encourage you to visit www.sprint.com to learn more
    about the significant savings available to individuals and families
    through Sprint's Simply Everything and Sprint's Everything Family plans.
    Or, through our Ready Now program, make an appointment with a store
    representative to learn more about how to use your device.

    Once again, from all of us at Sprint, thank you.

    Dan Hesse
    CEO
    Sprint
    Last edited by Mike5; 04/12/2011 at 01:39 PM.
  4. #104  
    I'm concerned about what a vk would mean for Just Type.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm concerned about what a vk would mean for Just Type.
    They might make a feature called Just Speak!
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm concerned about what a vk would mean for Just Type.
    Just look at the touch pad videos... That uses just type on a vkb...
  7. #107  
    i am getting concerned that I am going to get a Pre3 in June...then this awesomeness comes out in Sept. and blows everything else out of the water and i am "stuck" for 2 years

    or worse...no Pre3 for Sprint and i am stuck with andriod while the Stingray does come out for Sprint.
    Last edited by Riboflavin; 04/21/2011 at 04:36 PM.
  8. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    i am getting concerned that I am going to get a Pre3 in June...then this awesomeness comes out in Sept. and blows everything else out of the water and i am "stuck" for 2 years

    or worse...no Pre3 for Sprint and i am stuck with andriod while the Stingray does come out for Sprint.
    I know, and after that comes out in september, what if HP releases an even better killer slab for the holidays?

    How do android users sleep at night knowing a cooler, better phone is coming out two weeks later???
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  9. klynn's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #109  
    I just hope HP announces this (along with carrier and pricing) BEFORE the Pre3 is relased. I'm not sure which I'd want but woul like the chance to see both before committing to a phone for two years. Wishful thinking, I know....
  10. khaled93's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #110  
    is it that hard for a company like HP (largest tech company) to make this phone when android is releasing a dozen phones or so every month, and if the excuse when Rubinstein said on the Engadget show is carrier certification then release them unlocked unsubsidized and win some market-share instead of the "stay tuned" that you keep on saying!!
  11. shloime's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #111  
    they are waiting to see how much verizon sells lte phones. and how much battery takes . also they are waiting to see whats the best dual core procesor(fastest and battery consumption). and how much the nfc is going to be used by the public and business. maybe 3d (a la evo) too. what new stuff is going to bring the iphone 5,etc
    and after all that, they will release the new hp phone
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    they are waiting to see how much verizon sells lte phones. and how much battery takes . also they are waiting to see whats the best dual core procesor(fastest and battery consumption). and how much the nfc is going to be used by the public and business. maybe 3d (a la evo) too. what new stuff is going to bring the iphone 5,etc
    and after all that, they will release the new hp phone
    lol
  13. 92turbo2's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #113  
    sweet
    Duetschland Uber Alles
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    i am getting concerned that I am going to get a Pre3 in June...then this awesomeness comes out in Sept. and blows everything else out of the water and i am "stuck" for 2 years

    or worse...no Pre3 for Sprint and i am stuck with andriod while the Stingray does come out for Sprint.
    Welcome to computers. "I bought a brand-new device last month and it's already outdated" has been a common complaint since the 90s.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Welcome to computers. "I bought a brand-new device last month and it's already outdated" has been a common complaint since the 90s.
    Exactly. However, I don't know how it works, but best buy does have a buy back policy so u could tech get pre 3 they buy it back then u pay the rest.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I know, and after that comes out in september, what if HP releases an even better killer slab for the holidays?

    How do android users sleep at night knowing a cooler, better phone is coming out two weeks later???
    Its the way of the tech world. That's why you buy the phone that speaks to you and feeds your needs!
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaled93 View Post
    is it that hard for a company like HP (largest tech company) to make this phone when android is releasing a dozen phones or so every month, and if the excuse when Rubinstein said on the Engadget show is carrier certification then release them unlocked unsubsidized and win some market-share instead of the "stay tuned" that you keep on saying!!
    "Android" is not a company, its an os. And there are are at least four major companies making phones for them. And those four companies are huge -- Htc, LG, Samsung and Motorolla. HP is a big company too, but it does take time to design a phone. Why do you think Htc makes the same phone with tweaks for all carriers (see EVO vs Thunderbolt).
  18. #118  
    If the Evo3D and the Pre3 came out on the same day, i wouldnt have that same feeling of looking to the future at what is next if i bought the Evo3D.

    Like in the other thread with the Ruby comments...Palm missed a generation and that is what concerns me when planning on buying a Pre3.

    Not much i can do about it besides stop *****ing...or wait for the Stingray though.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    "Android" is not a company, its an os. And there are are at least four major companies making phones for them. And those four companies are huge -- Htc, LG, Samsung and Motorolla. HP is a big company too, but it does take time to design a phone. Why do you think Htc makes the same phone with tweaks for all carriers (see EVO vs Thunderbolt).
    Not only that ALL of those a have a rather long and relatively successful history as "Mobile phone" makers. HP does not. I know HP made a cell phone once but honestly, i never saw it. I'm not saying they are right to be so slow but those other companies have been doing it for a while.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Not only that ALL of those a have a rather long and relatively successful history as "Mobile phone" makers. HP does not. I know HP made a cell phone once but honestly, i never saw it. I'm not saying they are right to be so slow but those other companies have been doing it for a while.
    Exactly however they really aren't slow. It generally does take a while to get a good product out, and even if the pre 3 was in the pipe line before they probably went back to the drawling board with it. So they are taking as long as I thought it would take. Just look at RIM for proof rushing a product is not good.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions