Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    I can feel the wait now from Sprint side, but others like me may be less in numbers but want this baby on Ver and AT&T too.

hey I can to Sarasota beach last weekend real nice place
    I couldn't care less about Sprint. I'm on AT&T and I'm looking forward to the Pre 3 on AT&T.

What these Sprint people don't seem to get is that whining aint going to get them a new webOS device. I'm pretty sure HP will release a device or two on Sprint. Sit back and wait like the rest of us.

But HP needed a slab phone & for those that didn't think HP would do this form factor you weren't listening nor paying attention; at the Think Beyond event and Jon's interview with Josh Toplusky after the event.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/08/2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I couldn't care less about Sprint. I'm on AT&T and I'm looking forward to the Pre 3 on AT&T.

What these Sprint people don't seem to get is that whining aint going to get them a new webOS device. I'm pretty sure HP will release a device or two on Sprint. Sit back and wait like the rest of us.

But HP needed a slab phone & for those that didn't think HP would do this form factor you weren't listening nor paying attention; at the Think Beyond event and Jon's interview with Josh Toplusky after the event.

- Sent from my Palm Pre using url=
    It's a lot easier to say that when an upgrade is already available on your network. Actually two of them, the Pre+ and Pre 2. Sprint users have more of a reason to "whine", as you put it, since we never had an upgrade from our launch day devices...........
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/08/2011 at 12:04 AM.
    funny I def dont mind the option, though using the htc arrive on sprint, with the option of both VK and physical to me is the perfect match. We all know HTC is king when it comes to hardware, and with just the reviews of the Pre 3 im sure HP/Palm have got the hardware part down finally. So id still apt for a physicall keyboard type phone, as long as they have a fully functional VK on it. Again this is a very good thing, to please everyones needs lets hope this one, and the Pre 3 come alot sooner then later, and on all networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The thing is you haven't had to wait two years almost. Your last phones came last year. Ours nov 2009 (pixi) and june 2009 for pre. We didn't get pre 2 -- nor does it look like we will. And what about Pre3? We just want something. We be. Ok with a device or two every year. So far we got two for one year then nothing...
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/08/2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Actually, I would prefer the slab form factor, coming from the iPhone. My guess is that only the Pre 3 will be available in June so I'll probably go with that and try something different. But only on a one year contract, max.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    The thing is you haven't had to wait two years almost. Your last phones came last year. Ours nov 2009 (pixi) and june 2009 for pre. We didn't get pre 2 -- nor does it look like we will. And what about Pre3? We just want something. We be. Ok with a device or two every year. So far we got two for one year then nothing...
    see i think what it stems down to is that sprint customers have been spoiled. most carriers around the world do not offer upgrades every year.

for me, it's a minimum 2 years before i can even think about upgrading a phone, and then add one more year for my actual contract.

and now sprint is getting rid of their 1 yr upgrades right
    no sprint still has there 1 year upgrade. u just get 75$ off, instead of 150 or new contract pricing. This is what i'm talking about HP i like it, I'm still moving on to the nexus s4g, but i'm definitely getting it off contract and hoping this badboy comes out with some killer specs( i'll take whats in the pre3, dual core would be sweet) and soon, no more coming months!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    see i think what it stems down to is that sprint customers have been spoiled. most carriers around the world do not offer upgrades every year.

for me, it's a minimum 2 years before i can even think about upgrading a phone, and then add one more year for my actual contract.

and now sprint is getting rid of their 1 yr upgrades right
    You see, I think iPhone users have been spoiled because they complained enough to actually get their one year upgrade.

Wait, did I just say that? But your still missing the underling thing. I haven't been able to upgrade every year; I am not the primary on my account. I would like to upgrade to a WebOS device. If your on ATT, you can -- you are getting Pre 3. Verizon? Pretty sure you have the Pre 2. Sprint? EVO3D ... wait, that is not a WebOS phone. Samsung Epic ... wait, wait, not a WebOS phone. HTC Arrive ... oooh, wait, not a WebOS device.

So why do we complain? Maybe complaining enough can make Sprint demand the Pre 3 or some sort of WebOS phone.
    Honestly, complaining here wont do a thing, AND, its off topic (just fyi).

More importantly, if you want to complain, do it directly to your carrier. WE have, what 300,000 PC members.. most of which are probably Sprint customers - imagine 50% of them calling Sprint about this within the smae 1 week time period, and how they would react?

Hint, Hint (sounds like an idea for a new thread, somewhere, doesnt it?)

Oh, and for the record, Im on T-Mobile... no Palm or WebOS device in YEARS... sigh!

Back OT:

I believe this new formfactor will be available on all US carriers, even T-Mobile, just like the Pre 3. Reason: HP wants every consumer possible, and eliminating the smaller carriers is undercutting a huge potential market base - that's bad business sense.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post

More importantly, if you want to complain, do it directly to your carrier. WE have, what 300,000 PC members.. most of which are probably Sprint customers - imagine 50% of them calling Sprint about this within the smae 1 week time period, and how they would react?

Oh, and for the record, Im on T-Mobile... no Palm or WebOS device in YEARS... sigh!

Back OT:

I believe this new formfactor will be available on all US carriers, even T-Mobile, just like the Pre 3. Reason: HP wants every consumer possible, and eliminating the smaller carriers is undercutting a huge potential market base - that's bad business sense.

Its just a matter of when... I believe they will be able to spit out devices a lot faster this time around. Lets hope there are no Pre+ AT&t shenanigans

Back OT:

I have been telling Sprint how I think.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I have been telling Sprint how I think.
    And I just did:

"As a long-time customer, I just want to make crystal clear that Sprint should get HP's Palm 3 phone in its line-up of smartphones. Although the roll-out of the original Palm Pre was somewhat rocky, HP's support of the webOS platform should make a significant difference. This OS is the most underrated in the industry, and a closer look reveals that it surpasses Android in usability.

Thanks for your consideration,
    David M_____"

Here's their none-too-helpful reply:
    "I understand you are inquiring about a new Palm device. At this time I
    have no information on any upcoming Palm devices. I did speak with my
    supervisor regarding your inquiry. We will follow the appropriate path
    to submit your feedback.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
    questions. Please reply to this e-mail or visit sprint.com if we can be
    of assistance.

Sincerely,
    Jack W.
    Sprint"
    Last edited by davidtm; 04/08/2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: added Sprint's response
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

I actually did speak with Sprint on Wednesday. I emailed dan@sprint.com and their "corporate" support called me back. She said she couldn't confirm or deny anything webOS coming to Sprint. She did say that there has been a "large" number of users contacting them for HP/Palm hardware and they have been passing along all comments to the people who make decisions on the matter.

Meh I say.
    On one hand, I'm fairly sure that O2 Germany will be getting HP's new sweetness since they've already announced that the Veer will become available next month, so I'm all set.

On the other hand, I don't care if O2 actually does get the Pre3 because I'd just buy it directly from HP if they didn't.

Glad that our market never allowed carriers to go with a system like CDMA which seems specifically designed to give carriers ultimate power over users' hardware choice because users can't simply put their old SIM card into whichever new phone they desire if and when they so choose.

Hint, Hint (sounds like an idea for a new thread, somewhere, doesnt it
    I don't think that would accomplish anything, I'm sure sprint would like to see a return now not "In the coming months" I'm sure they know what their doing.. Until hp has more than words, pictures and coming months.. Sprint has nothing to work far as webos

On topic:

This is what ppl have been waiting for they now have some attention but if nothin is confirmed soon and if it's anything short of amazing then it will be a fail imo
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I don't think that would accomplish anything, I'm sure sprint would like to see a return now not "In the coming months" I'm sure they know what their doing.. Until hp has more than words, pictures and coming months.. Sprint has nothing to work far as webos
    lol
    You honestly think that's what HP tells Sprint?

No. The people who matter on all carriers know the real details. The public doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    lol
    You honestly think that's what HP tells Sprint?

No. The people who matter on all carriers know the real details. The public doesn't.
    I was being sarcastic
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    And I just did:

"As a long-time customer, I just want to make crystal clear that Sprint should get HP's Palm 3 phone in its line-up of smartphones. Although the roll-out of the original Palm Pre was somewhat rocky, HP's support of the webOS platform should make a significant difference. This OS is the most underrated in the industry, and a closer look reveals that it surpasses Android in usability.

Thanks for your consideration,
    David M_____"
    That's good!!! WebOS users should tell sprint what they want. There is a forum about this @ sprint.com and every day I get an email with users saying they are leaving sprint if no pre 3. I actually forward that to dan@sprint.com so they can see it too. With sprint soon to be the smallest national carrier, it would be in sprints intrest to not lose any amount of users. (With tmobile being bought out sprint will be the smallest)
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    On the other hand, I don't care if O2 actually does get the Pre3 because I'd just buy it directly from HP if they didn't.
    Well, but if you're buying it in the UK it will have QWERTY and not QWERTZ... I'm currently studying in the UK and their keyboard layout annoys me every time. Additionally I prefer complaining in the shop, they might just give you a new one anyway if your phone breaks

€dith: Scratch the first bit. If it's a slab it might be easy to change the localization.

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Glad that our market never allowed carriers to go with a system like CDMA which seems specifically designed to give carriers ultimate power over users' hardware choice because users can't simply put their old SIM card into whichever new phone they desire if and when they so choose.
    Amen! GSM FTW!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    This is the form factor I've wanted since I bought my Pre Minus back on launch day. The only thing that makes me cling to the physical keyboard is the useful keyboard shortcuts. For example when my screen cracked I couldn't get my Pre into USB mode but thankfully there was a keyboard short cut for that.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast