Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    ohman, what if the Pre3 comes out on Sprint in June...but then they announce the Stingray with better specs for a September launch?

Even if the Stingray has EVO3D-esque specs, i think i'm still going with Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I'll never buy a keyboard-less phone ever again.
    just what I was about to say
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I'm really glad to see this phone! This is the phone I've been wanting for the past year, if it has competitive specs(at time of release, not announcement). Hopefully it is on Sprint, 4G, 960X540 res, dual core, GOOD camera, front camera, etc... I hope it comes out VERY Early Summer at the latest, but I don't see it coming before fall or early winter. I need to replace my Pre- very soon & am probably getting the Nexus S 4G or the Evo 3d if I can wait that long, unless of course this WebOS phone comes out by summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    hmm...So, are you using a physical or virtual keyboard?
    Lol I think physical then
    Am I the only one here that doesn't have too much of a preference? I will get whichever one is on Sprint. If they are both on Sprint, I will get the one with the better specs (especially screen res).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Am I the only one here that doesn't have too much of a preference? I will get whichever one is on Sprint. If they are both on Sprint, I will get the one with the better specs (especially screen res).
    The real question is: same specs but one with and without keyboard on sprint...what do u choose?
    I WOULD KILL FOR THIS! I am a very obsessive person and even the wiggle on my Pre 2 kills me everytime I even touch the thing. This is the EXACT phone I need.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I could go either way. The main thing I will look for is durability, reason why I choose the pixi over the pre.

Oh and also whatever phone they release on sprint.
    Dan Hesse where are you at??...The people want new webOS on Sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    have you ever tried swype? Makes virtual keyboards amazing!
    Swype is am amazing idea.I'm using it right now...and there are times when I'd rather use it than my epic's physical keyboard. but most of the time it doesn't beat using a a real keyboard.
    What if it's an ipod touch like device instead of a phone? Just saying,you never know.But I like the Pre3,and I know everybody has their likes and dislikes.
    well verison wireless is cdma so obviously it could easily come to sprint so thats a good sign i just wanna know when these phone are coming out now! i think they will announce the dates like right when the phone is suppose to come out to kinda be like apple...
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Well based on the actuall measurements of the Pre3 used to create a mockup in SketchUp and then using items that are the same (earpiece speaker) I was able to aproximate the "stingray" screen at 3.973" diagonal which puts the device in the 4" screen class ala Galaxy S phones...
    I so hope that you are wrong.

The tipster said "an EVO with webOS". He did not say it was like the 4" Nexus 4G. He said it was like the 4.3" EVO.

At 4.3", Palm would finally have a phone to go up against the big boys like the Thunderbolt 4G, EVO 3D, Droid X2 4G, and LG Optimus 3D.

Please let this be like an EVO with webOS, or better yet like an EVO 3D.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/07/2011 at 12:22 PM.
    I think he said evo bc its going to sprint. I mean if it was screen size he could have said "like the thunderbolt" bc its same size and newer. But he said EVO...
    Quote Originally Posted by kalpain View Post
    Currently, I have an Evo and I am not a fan of the virtual keyboard...
    I am betting you never tried the Gingerbread keyboard. It is a world beyond what shipped with the EVO. And the SwiftKey keyboard is a generation beyond that.

I hope that HP is talking with SwiftKey about porting it over.
    I think the idea is to compete in the market and some of use like keyboards and some don't so with android kiling the market right now and apple right on there heels its a good idea to present something different cause let's face it hp has a lot of work ahead of them and should move quicker to get products on the market. Look at all the HTC slabs selling like hotcakes. Its a good move if HP indeed comes out with a high end slab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    since it looks like the pre3 is going to verizon maybe this will be released on sprint.

I hope so!
    What is obsession with Sprint, I will be more happy if this comes to AT&T, I will upgrade my unlocked Pre2 with this. I get nice corporate discount on AT&T and I know so many does Internet Speed is good, if 4G comes with better speed then I will be more happy too.

I'm waiting for this form factor from the day one webOS is announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    What is obsession with Sprint, I will be more happy if this comes to AT&T, I will upgrade my unlocked Pre2 with this. I get nice corporate discount on AT&T and I know so many does Internet Speed is good, if 4G comes with better speed then I will be more happy too.

I'm waiting for this form factor from the day one webOS is announced.
    The obsession with Sprint is the fact that HP/Palm have been in bed with AT&T and Verizon ever since the Pre Minus. The Sprint pixi didn't even get Wifi. Pre Plus (pass), Pre 2 (pass), and so far Pre 3 (pass?). No evidence suggesting Pre 3 on sprint other then my rep said your rep said this. Which has gone on the entire time we have known about any model after the Pre Minus. Just doesn't ring well.

The obsession with Sprint is the fact that Palm originally released on Sprint with a 6+ month exclusive that built up the base of the webOS market and started it all with this brand spankin new operating system.

The fact IS, the majority of webOS users are on Sprint, and have been given NO PATH to upgrade without breaking contract and/or switching networks. And 90% of the users out their would likely rather not switch due to lower costs just for a phone. Most users would/will end up moving to other devices down the line. I being in this boat will likly do that. These days phones do not last forever, so when our (almost) unreplacable Pre Minus's finally kick the bucket. What are we to do? Perhaps try the grass on the other side. Maybe it might be greener then we think.

Add on the known fact that Sprint will likly never get a webOS 2.x upgrade (offically) to our Pre Minus, you have a double whammy effect. Were still waiting for "somthing special", I sware its already been a couple of weeks lol.

So when users clamour and holla about getting ANYTHING on sprint, that is why. Just my 2 cents.

On a on-topic note: after using a keyboard phone for soo long, im not sure how I would take to a keyboardless webos expierence on a phone. I'd off the bat be more inclined to get the Pre 3 vs a "stingray".

Btw, howdy from sarasota :-p
    Last edited by Klownicle; 04/07/2011 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post

Btw, howdy from sarasota :-p
    I can feel the wait now from Sprint side, but others like me may be less in numbers but want this baby on Ver and AT&T too.

hey I can to Sarasota beach last weekend real nice place
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast