Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
    If this is confirmed, does it finally mean all the people who say webOs is an EPIC FAIL if it doesn't come out with a slate will stop?
    Nope. People will always have something bad to say against HP/Palm (it's too late, it took long, they lied, the Moon is still in Space, etc). Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    This phone wont have a chance if it has the same screen size as the Pre3, you need at least 4" to compensate for what the VK will take. That leaked pic pinned to the Pre3 made them look the same size.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I don't know about that. The screen on the pre 3 looks slightly smaller than the screen on the phone next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I don't know about that. The screen on the pre 3 looks slightly smaller than the screen on the phone next to it.
    I'm hoping that the scale between the 2 are not 1:1
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    That's good news!
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I'm hoping that the scale between the 2 are not 1:1
    I thought, even though it was cropped, the 2 were from the same picture? meaning 1:1
    I do hope this phone is no bigger then 4 inchs preferably 3.7 inchs. To me these 4.3-4.5 inch phones are no longer considered mobile, and defeats the cause of calling it a mobile cell phone device. Ive had the evo for months and it was very hard to use at places like a gym, jogging, etc. I looked like a nut with it to my ear, and say the same when I see people with a monitor on their ear. I hope once google dies down, that people start to see that how Apple has been so successful with the same size screen devices, (even the 5 will just be realestate stretched) and has no need to create a brick.
    Personally, I think everyone is getting excited about nothing. I don't believe this is a webOS device just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This phone wont have a chance if it has the same screen size as the Pre3, you need at least 4" to compensate for what the VK will take. That leaked pic pinned to the Pre3 made them look the same size.
    Did you miss the description, "It's like an EVO?"
    hp needed to make this device so im not completely surprised im just worried it wont be coming to sprint witch would suck id love to get this device
    and its the same size as the iphone so id the vk is good then we dont need a slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Nope. People will always have something bad to say against HP/Palm (it's too late, it took long, they lied, the Moon is still in Space, etc). Lol
    hahha

that made me laugh "the moon is still in space"

ah
    so true
    Im not sure about the size of the phone being "Evo"-like (Evo has a 4.3" diagnal screen).

The Pre3 has a 3.6" diagnal screen, and the WebOS slab phone screen looks almost the same size, when next to it.

Im betting its 3.8" - 4", tops.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

they didnt say the size was "evo like" they said the specs! i wonder how thin it is becuz it looks thin as fudgee!
  15. m7y
    I have a dream: a Palm Pre keyboardless with graffiti area....

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk and....Graffiti.
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    they didnt say the size was "evo like" they said the specs! i wonder how thin it is becuz it looks thin as fudgee!
    If all of this is true, then I hope by "evo like", they mean "Evo 3D like". I know a lot of people around here are in love with the Evo, but even the Pre 2 has "evo like" specs.
    you know, and this is just me rambling over here, this device can be another version of the palm pre 3 and most likely headed to sprint, if vzw or at&t gets the pre 3 itself.
    sprint is known for renaming AND reshaping incoming phones on their network to make them their own, so that the other carriers don't have the exact same thing and they have an advantage.
    for example, sprint changed the htc hero before it came on the network a while back, and more recently it changed its galaxy s phone (samsung epic 4g) and its only wp7 phone (htc arrive) to meet its "standards."
    while in the past sprint's meddling with phones have been subtle to minor, we could be looking at a new era of carrier branding that goes beneath the shiny silver name on the front screen. if sprint has the power to command samsung to add a physical keyboard and a wimax radio to their galaxy s phone, then I'm sure they told hp to remove the keyboard from the pre3 and (hopefully) put a slightly faster processor and a wimax radio in it too.
    but, again, that's just me rambling.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I was on the KEYBOARD 4 LYFE fence up until I bought my Evo.

I can hands down type faster on a virtual keyboard than a physical keyboard. I am currently using the Gingerbread keyboard, but seriously...the fact you don't have to apply force to the screen just increase your response time. Key is trusting the auto correct software instead of constantly looking at what you typed. Yeah sometimes you may need to correct a word but all you need to do is tap the word and other options pop up that you can change it to.

I welcome a WebOS slate form factor as long as a good VK is developed.
    I love choice & hope both form factors are available on multiple carriers.

For me, though, I tried the 30 day trial on the Evo & I never got used to the VK. AND, unlike you, I needed to look at every word because when I didn't, one misspelled word & the whole sentence changed to something not even close to what I intended. I mean, not even close. It was one of the primary reasons I returned the phone. I would like to try swype, though. Maybe I would do better.

BUT, as I said, that's why we need multiple form factors on multiple carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    you know, and this is just me rambling over here, this device can be another version of the palm pre 3 and most likely headed to sprint, if vzw or at&t gets the pre 3 itself.
    sprint is known for renaming AND reshaping incoming phones on their network to make them their own, so that the other carriers don't have the exact same thing and they have an advantage.
    for example, sprint changed the htc hero before it came on the network a while back, and more recently it changed its galaxy s phone (samsung epic 4g) and its only wp7 phone (htc arrive) to meet its "standards."
    while in the past sprint's meddling with phones have been subtle to minor, we could be looking at a new era of carrier branding that goes beneath the shiny silver name on the front screen. if sprint has the power to command samsung to add a physical keyboard and a wimax radio to their galaxy s phone, then I'm sure they told hp to remove the keyboard from the pre3 and (hopefully) put a slightly faster processor and a wimax radio in it too.
    but, again, that's just me rambling.

It is possible. I woulod be OK with Pre 3 specs, a 4G radio and no keyboard on Sprint. I'd rather have Pre 3 on Sprint, but come on give me WebOS!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    It is possible. I woulod be OK with Pre 3 specs, a 4G radio and no keyboard on Sprint. I'd rather have Pre 3 on Sprint, but come on give me WebOS!
    hmm...So, are you using a physical or virtual keyboard?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast