Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Wish they would announce some more info...my pre minus is on its last leg...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Voice dial on my Pre 2 works very well.
    I'm starting to figure out how to use mine a little better, although I haven't tried voice dial with just saying the numbers into the phone. The thing is, in my car, not only is it smooth, but it's quiet. My work truck on the other hand....shakes, rattles and rolls down the highway and is noisy. I'm not sure the phone would even pick up what I'm saying (it is that loud). It appears I just gave myself a new mission

I finally, after weeks (here and there), managed to call my girlfriends number with voice dial.....When I said "Cathy" on the phone it always tried to dial "Todd King", but I finally tried adding her last name when I said it and bingo, it worked. Kinda stupid, there should be some way to train a voice command like the old (or new for that matter) feature phones....
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Not to take this thread over, but:

Suggestion Swype on WebOS
    You could start a thread here asking members to make their request over there.
    Someone did that with isilo, and eventually, after enough asked for it, they said they would.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    You could start a thread here asking members to make their request over there.
    Someone did that with isilo, and eventually, after enough asked for it, they said they would.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ype-webos.html
    Sprint Love
    well, if it comes to Sprint guess i'll say goodbye to AT&T. this is pretty much my 'dream phone' (yea i know lame). HP, please make it a world phone!!
    I missed it.
    I'm mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    well, if it comes to Sprint guess i'll say goodbye to AT&T. this is pretty much my 'dream phone' (yea i know lame). HP, please make it a world phone!!
    You'll love Sprint, too my friend!
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't care for the Pre form-factor.
    A slab would surely be a consideration, but I sure hope they come out with a larger pixi, and call it the PrPrPr$o$.
    This is about choice for the market. There is a large segment of the market that actually likes slab form factor phones and that segment should be offered a choice that includes webOS along with ios, android, and wp7. HP would be stupid if they ignored this segment of the market.

With that said, I don't know if form factor alone will do it. Specs are also important. Specs need to complement the form factor and be on par with the competition (ie iphone4, evo 3d, etc...).

I would get this phone in a heartbeat! I've been dreaming of a marriage between webOS and evo form factor and specs(now evo 3d).

HP...Please, for the love of God get this phone to market quickly and release it on Sprint! My launch day pre is literally falling apart!
    HP should totally pull another "you think you saw everything on Engadget" move.

It's not for me since I hate slate phones, but it's for the other guys. I'll keep my vertical slider.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I was on the KEYBOARD 4 LYFE fence up until I bought my Evo.

I can hands down type faster on a virtual keyboard than a physical keyboard. I am currently using the Gingerbread keyboard, but seriously...the fact you don't have to apply force to the screen just increase your response time. Key is trusting the auto correct software instead of constantly looking at what you typed. Yeah sometimes you may need to correct a word but all you need to do is tap the word and other options pop up that you can change it to.

I welcome a WebOS slate form factor as long as a good VK is developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    have you ever tried swype? Makes virtual keyboards amazing!
    The Guinness Book of World Records keeps holding smartphone typing contests and it is Swype that is faster than any physical phone keyboard. Swype set the world texting speed record and has since broken it two more times.

If you use a predictive keyboard like SwiftKey, the second time you type the test paragraph, it sees that you are typing the same thing and begins suggesting the next words. Swiftkey says that you can type the test paragraph the second time in about 10 seconds. We may think we are being original but we actually say things the same way all the time. Often SwiftKey suggests a better word than you were about to type.
    Quote Originally Posted by beelykemyke View Post
    I would get this phone in a heartbeat! I've been dreaming of a marriage between webOS and evo form factor and specs(now evo 3d).

HP...Please, for the love of God get this phone to market quickly and release it on Sprint! My launch day pre is literally falling apart!
    Yes, and don't skimp on the specs.
    Really the key words from the tipster are: "an EVO with webOS".

He did not say it was like the 3.7" Droid Incredible.

He said it was like the 4.3" EVO.

HP will have a phone to go up against the big boys like the Atrix 4G, Thunderbolt LTE, EVO 3D, Galaxy S 4G, Droid X2 LTE, LG Optimus 3D, and all the other 4"+ phones.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Really the key words from the tipster are: "an EVO with webOS".

He did not say it was like the 3.7" Droid Incredible.

He said it was like the 4.3" EVO.

HP will have a phone to go up against the big boys like the Atrix 4G, Thunderbolt LTE, EVO 3D, Galaxy S 4G, Droid X2 LTE, LG Optimus 3D, and all the other 4"+ phones.
    Yes...Precentral's comparison crop of the Pre 3 and this unnamed slab is kinda misleading.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    In the photo it looks as if it has a screen protector that is coming off at the corners. And also along the right side and bottom edge it has what resembles the iPhone4 antenna notches.

And judging by the looks of the screen area, it has a hardcore unfinished hardware prototype look to it.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    well, hopefully Sprint will get at least one of the Pre3 or the Stingray. I think that is a pretty safe bet.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Currently, I have an Evo and I am not a fan of the virtual keyboard. But part of that seems to be Androids schizo word recognition system. I've seen it try to auto correct with the most off the wall non-words more than any other phone I have ever had. That being said I have always told people I would love to be able to put WebOs on the Evo. So ultimately I would love to see what this phone has to offer. I am still holding out hope that the Pre 3 will come to Sprint but I will believe that when it gets announced. And for the record I hate Swype. I know some people love it but it just wasn't for me. I'm actually faster doing regular typing on the VK.
    Well based on the actuall measurements of the Pre3 used to create a mockup in SketchUp and then using items that are the same (earpiece speaker) I was able to aproximate the "stingray" screen at 3.973" diagonal which puts the device in the 4" screen class ala Galaxy S phones. It's dimensions also seem close the the Nexus S which is a 4" device also.

Of course these are all assumption assuming the hardware interface elements remained the same.

Not for me but I'm glad all the slab-mongers can be happy now. (there's a reason I chose the Treos\Centro as my phone in the past...da keyberd
    waant
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast