Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Maybe it isnt an LTE thing and just a CDMA thing.
    SVDO does not rely on LTE and does allow for simultaneous voice and data but the linked page seems to be LTE specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    CDMA can not do data and phone call same time. Means if it comes to SPRINT or VERIZON, which we know it will come to at least one of these, it will not be able to do both at the same time. (unless it has a 4G radio or WIFI, which we know it will have one of those). Of course using WiFi you'll have to be connected to a WiFi network.

So yea ...
    Wrong. Sprint and Verizon's implementations of CDMA cannot do voice/data at the same time. The CDMA spec actually can. They chose not to implement that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wrong. Sprint and Verizon's implementations of CDMA cannot do voice/data at the same time. The CDMA spec actually can. They chose not to implement that.
    And a lot of Americans for whom a new phone every half year is a necessity, for whom a single-core phone is mere antiquated refuse, for whom a screen below 4" is illegible, for whom webOS is a mild joke they can't even laugh about because of its inferiority in areas such as Star Trek voice control, who need a selection of 300.000 apps in order to find 10 apps good enough for them - quietly support carriers that made such a crippling choice instead of voting against them with their wallets.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Yes and No. Sprint hasn't implemented anything with this. Verizon just started doing this with the thunderbolt.
    I believe it's software, hardware, and network related.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    For Sprint and Verizon CDMA, 4G is more than just fast data speeds, 4G gives you the ability to talk and surf the net at the same time when you don't have WiFi coverage.

If Verizon does release a Pre 3 4G, you will be able to make a call and surf the web at the same time.

If it is the Pre 3, Verizon owners will not be able to simultaneously make a call and surf the web at this time.

So far, LTE is not listed in the Pre 3 specs but we don't know who the carriers might be. Maybe if HP does a Verizon version, HP might add LTE?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/07/2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    I have to tell you, I have never had any carrier but Verizon, and I have never missed the ability to surf and talk simultaneously. Really doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. So I have to wait until the call is over to go online.....okaaay.....
    I missed it a lot when I had to switch to the horrible CDMA network here in Canada. Finally back with the Pre 2 on GSM and it has become quite useful again to be able to do data tasks while on the phone.

For example, if you need to use GPS it comes in quite handy when needed. Or if i'm on the phone and someone refers to an email they just sent i'm able to review it.
    They can implement SVDO in it. Unfortunately the only phone that has it is the Thunderbolt. We haven't heard of any other phone having the feature. I would love it if all vzw phones released this year had SVDO but I don't think it will.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12