Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Actually, we know it has an HSPA+ radio in it. Even though it's not technically 4G, it's capable.
    Wrong. The ITU has changed the definition of 4G.
    ITU blesses U.S. data networks as 4G | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    I would love to have NFC and a 4G radio. Higher resolution screen wouldn't hurt either. I want some 720p!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    A better GPU. I dOnt know why HP chose qualcomm for it's processor. They have a good CPU, but the Pre has a good history of gaming. Qualcomm Adreno 205 cannot really handle good gaming. Same GPU as on the Evo shift. No good. Need something at least as powerful as a TI OMAP. In fact, I think the graphics processor on the Original pre is more powerful. That's not good. It should be two years ahead, not behind.
    the adreno 205 gpu is comparable in performance to the powervr sgx540 gpu, the current champ in the mass market category.

the sgx540 supports opengl 2.1 which the adreno 205 doesn't, but on the upside the latter has support for hardware accelerated flash.

when the hp touchpad debuts however, the adreno 220 gpu will be the undisputed leader in mass market, ready for manufacture devices for 2011.

so I wouldn't sweat the pre3's gpu too much.

as for what feature I want?
    the phone on sprint and free on contract for all those of us original pre minus hold outs..
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    the adreno 205 gpu is comparable in performance to the powervr sgx540 gpu, the current champ in the mass market category.

the sgx540 supports opengl 2.1 which the adreno 205 doesn't, but on the upside the latter has support for hardware accelerated flash.

when the hp touchpad debuts however, the adreno 220 gpu will be the undisputed leader in mass market, ready for manufacture devices for 2011.

so I wouldn't sweat the pre3's gpu too much.

as for what feature I want?
    the phone on sprint and free on contract for all those of us original pre minus hold outs..
    no offense but thats incorrect as the 540 still blows the doors off the 205 GPU
    Benchmarking Hummingbird vs Qualcomm 2nd Gen Snapdragon (and Power GSX540 vs Adreno 205) - which is faster? - Smartphone Benchmarks (SmartBench 2010/Quadrant) Forum
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    no offense but thats incorrect as the 540 still blows the doors off the 205 GPU
    [url= Hummingbird vs Qualcomm 2nd Gen Snapdragon (and Power GSX540 vs Adreno 205) - which is faster? - Smartphone Benchmarks (SmartBench 2010/Quadrant) Forum[/url]
    interesting.
    I hadn't seen this article.
    all the ones I've researched indicated the chips were comparable in performance.

I wonder how the adreno 220 will compare to the newer powervr sgx chipsets.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123