Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A full Android App Emulator so that any app designed to work on an Android smartphone would download and run on the Pre 3
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    A full Android App Emulator so that any app designed to work on an Android smartphone would download and run on the Pre 3
    Absolutely not!! Its called the PDT for a reason.. Porting is easy

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    According to my research of other websites....

@nyczwillz - no 4g @theangelofelysium - yes HSPA+ sprint @garrettq - no comment @astrait - no vkeyboard @Idudiz - no hdmi mirror @jgrouchy -grab a shopping bag @fanaticalman2 - We'll see.. -thanks for input-
  4. mus
    Quote Originally Posted by PRETESTER33 View Post
    According to my research of other websites....

@nyczwillz - no 4g @theangelofelysium - yes HSPA+ sprint @garrettq - no comment @astrait - no vkeyboard @Idudiz - no hdmi mirror @jgrouchy -grab a shopping bag @fanaticalman2 - We'll see.. -thanks for input-
    Based on your reply to @theangelofelysium it appears that you are saying yes to HSPA+ as well as Sprint? (It also appears that you may work for HP.)
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Solid fuel rocket boosters. Dual, please.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    Solid fuel rocket boosters. Dual, please.
    Why just two? I want FOUR!

Yep, four SRBs or it's a complete fail.
    landscape keyboard
    In a nutshell: i want an app/hardware combo to help diabetics.

Details:

Ok i know that this might sound odd but i would like an app that allows me to link my phone over bluetooth to my Glucometer. Or even a small attachment that connects to my USB port that will read my blood sugar test strips. It will also Sync to the cloud (or my computer) and i can keep track as well as my doctor can help me keep track (doctor optional). I feel this is something that i personally would want. I carry my phone and my glucometer anyway. why not something that helps to remove the need for one of those items. Sure i need to still carry test strips and lancet (poker) but it will allow me to put it all in a smaller package.
    I want ... A time machine! Lol ok really ... Besides WiMAX ... And besides Sprint ... I think 3D would be the biggest surprise. But it should be 3D with the cards when you start to go to card view. Oh and a WebOS Social app that connects all of us!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    SD card anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    SD card anyone?
    I guess we have been without one for a while i totally forgot about this. YES!! Being back the MicroSD card!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    SD card anyone?
    This is probably the biggest of very few issues making me hesitant about WebOS phones. Would love to see removeable storage in a WebOS phone.
    most of the request to me are not important IMO. 4G is still immature, and the speeds though fast, with the processing speeds these chips give out there reallly isnt a huge difference between download, and upload times honestly. Screen resolution is overrated, and has always been. I myself work with cell phones and do side by side on my own time with a few new devices. For example recently have been using the HTC Arrive on sprint (which is a very very nice device very underrated as is WP7) next to the iphone 4 on Verizon I actully get faster web browser speeds on the htc arrive, and the screen resolution though words are clearer on the iphone 4, its nothing to brag about. Dual Core and Single core as we know means nothing if the OS is not optimized, and with a optimized OS like we seen for years in the Iphone models, it will run circles around anything with a stronger chip, and less optimized OS. Even look at most recent reviews of phones like the Artix (which Ive tried as well its the same as the optimus2x,and seemly the Gx2) with dual core, and tegra chipsets there are currently no differences, and wont be until the OS is optimized to take full control of these chipsets hence why the ipad and iphone are so clean and fast compared to most android devices they are compared too. So to me as long as the phones OS is optimized fully, and has the basic bells and whistles (as its stated it already has) then it will IMO meet everyones needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRETESTER3 View Post
    If you could add a *surprising feature to the pre3* what would it be and why?
    (example konami code > dev unlock)
    While this might not be the special feature you are looking for, a pleasant surprise to many longtime Palm fans would have to be better PIM software similar the old Palm OS desktop or Outlook. Something that simplifies ALL four parts of the typical PIM system. One where I can open one application and find what I need on my desktop and it syncs seamlessly with my phone. Then we don't have to buy 3rd party expensive software.

Currently my calendar just doesn't work and I've bought just about every third party software trying to get appts to be reliable on my phone. Now they aren't. This truly is the most important part of my phone. Who cares about the speed or screen or 4G if the thing can't tell me what day the kids go to the dentist?

I think of PIM when I think "smartphone," not the entertainment aspect, but that's just me I guess.

Jamie
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuspantaleon1993 View Post
    how about the " HP Pre 3D!"
    3d screen nd also dual core

nd on sprint 4g nd 3g.
    Funny, almost two years ago I wrote Palm a message in their feedback area and suggested a 3D model (it was just after Nintendo announce their 3D DS). I told them that even thought it might not be useful in the long run, it did have a WOW factor to it since at the time no cellphone manufacturer had one out there. Of course, once again, Palm lost that opportunity.

I already know not that many people really care but it was something that would have drawn attention. Especially for the gamer and youth crowd.

Now all I want is the phone to come out (Sprint) but I now have to consider the apps and functionality. I like some of the voice to text (and text to voice) apps and function now available on Andriod which the Pre3 will only have voice dialing.

Looks like whenever it comes out everything about will still be behind.

The apps, I want Audible, I also want banking apps, I want eReader apps, I don't want to have phone and app envy anymore just to be a devoted fan!

It's becoming harder not to jump ship lately.

On a positive note, my Pre -minus which is barely working any long, especially that my 'Shift' key broke about 2 months ago, today started to work again!

So my Pre - minus seems to be healing and fixing itself to win me over again!

Rob
    The name is already funny if you say it out loud, but that would make it even funnier...

"aitch-pee pree three dee"
    Just to have the phone actually be real! (oh... and available!)
    4inch not 3.7 screen... same slide out keyboard making it a bigger keyboard buttons ...silver polished like hp envy laptops qhd reso.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieb View Post
    While this might not be the special feature you are looking for, a pleasant surprise to many longtime Palm fans would have to be better PIM software similar the old Palm OS desktop or Outlook. Something that simplifies ALL four parts of the typical PIM system. One where I can open one application and find what I need on my desktop and it syncs seamlessly with my phone. Then we don't have to buy 3rd party expensive software.

Currently my calendar just doesn't work and I've bought just about every third party software trying to get appts to be reliable on my phone. Now they aren't. This truly is the most important part of my phone. Who cares about the speed or screen or 4G if the thing can't tell me what day the kids go to the dentist?

I think of PIM when I think "smartphone," not the entertainment aspect, but that's just me I guess.

Jamie
    Yep, I agree. I wish the PIM apps in webOS worked as well as the PalmOS ones. Have always been disappointed about the fact that Palm basically turned their backs on the Palm faithful in their (now failed) efforts to reach a larger market.

Synergy is great, don't get me wrong, but some of the basics are still missing from what PalmOS did so right:

Calendar: no search? come on, that's ridiculous. no date picker calendar? restricted reminder options?

Contacts: no categories? only searching a few fields?

Tasks: no recurring tasks? no task alarms? no date filters? (or date picker calendar) no list filter?

Memos: uhg, nothing good about this, it's more like the old Notes in PalmOS. They need to bring back the Memos type app with a list view and categories.

Yes there are work arounds and I'm making them work for now (except Memos--it's useless in it's current form for anything but reminders--which is what the emulated Post-its are for), but I still yearn for the better functioning PalmOS apps. If they want Pre 3 to be a phone for Professionals they need to update the PIM apps back to that quality.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Pre3 runs on HSPA+ networks, which makes people say it's a 3G phone.

Now bear with me, but the Atrix 4G (sic!) runs on HSPA+ networks, which makes people say it's a 4G phone.

What's going on here?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast