1.    #1  
    Will the pre 3 have a micro sd card slot? As I find this to be a ver big feature missing from the sprint pre minus
    No SD card slot on either of the phones. The whole concept of webOS is to use the cloud instead. I used to really miss this feature from my old Treo, but I'm used to it now and between using wifi Media Sync and the cloud, I really don't need it anymore.
  3.    #3  
    This sucks also the way that u have to go in to usb drive when connecting to pc why can't u just connect to pc while receiving phone calls etc like all normal phones??
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    This sucks also the way that u have to go in to usb drive when connecting to pc why can't u just connect to pc while receiving phone calls etc like all normal phones??
    Don't quite follow the problem with that one...
  5.    #5  
    The problem with sd card is that I can't easily share big files with friends with just putting his sd in my phone and the problem with with usb drive is that if I'm awaiting a phone call or text from someone I can't connect my phone to pc why should it be this way?
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I always thought they put sd card slots so they could sell you a phone with less memory to cut the initial price, then you can upgrade later if you like. Never really saw much benefit on my Pre, 8gb is plenty of memory.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Well if you want to use a phone as a music or video player it's nice to have a user-defineable amount of storage.
    For instance, I was wondering whether to get the Veer this morning and realized that it only had 8GB of storage, and that its lack of space for media was kind of a deal breaker for me.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I would of loved to have seen an SD card slot so I can upgrade the storage on my phone. I'm not one of those guys who has to carry every video, photo and or album on my phone but I'd like to carry more than 8 to 16 gig.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Either an SD card slot, 32 GB version, or both is what I need in it before upgrading. My current Pre has 1 GB free, but that's after going through my music and picking and choosing which songs to keep.

The excuse is always "cloud"....But that's no excuse for not having on-device storage. I don't want to have to wait to stream content and waste my limited, precious bandwidth.

Then the whole "8 GB" option baffles me. Memory is cheap, I don't understand their logic with this.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    The cloud is nice. I love amazons cloud drive for music but it still has hiccups.

Personally I don't see the reason to not have an SD card. I mean what does it hurt? Have large internal memory and then have even more memory for more stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seowave View Post
    The cloud is nice. I love amazons cloud drive for music but it still has hiccups.

Personally I don't see the reason to not have an SD card. I mean what does it hurt? Have large internal memory and then have even more memory for more stuff.
    they will always argue space. and that's not entirely false, the original pre is pretty small.

they should have went for under the battery on the Pre3, it's bigger now. but they will likely blame space and "no user demand" and point to their cloud service they likely will push.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    they will always argue space. and that's not entirely false, the original pre is pretty small.

they should have went for under the battery on the Pre3, it's bigger now. but they will likely blame space and "no user demand" and point to their cloud service they likely will push.
    Wasn't that the reason they didn't have one on the pre? Not enough space for the slot?

With how technology is I would think they could add it without any issues.

It's like a said. Is it really going to hurt to add it? I doubt it's going to go crazy and increase price. If users don't want it then they don't use it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Cloud won't help me much if I am out of a service area

Kinda nullifies the cloud without enough local storage
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The whole concept of webOS is to use the cloud instead.
    I don't quite understand why the concept of cloud is the "whole concept of webOS". If that is true why are there any apps at all on webOS devices? Couldn't they just be stored and accessed from the cloud too?

The cloud is great until you are on the edge of network reception or no reception at all. It also stinks when your carrier says they are going to cap data amounts our reduce your bandwidth if you use too much data.

Frankly I think this is just an excuse because the new devices don't have an sd card slot. Granted I never would have used one, nor do I swap one out on my EVO, but my daughter has 3 for her Epic that she keeps all of her music on...
  15. ct1
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    So when I have my 14 hour plane flight and I'm trying to amuse myself with music/video, how exactly does this 'cloud storage' help me?
    I'm not too upset about the lack of microSD. Yes, cloud has it's caveats, but so does expandable storage cards. Lose your phone, drop in water, card goes bad, etc. Having a microSD as backup, or worse, as your primary storage is a bad habit.
    SD Cards are very robust, i found one this winter in the snow, it looked awful many people must have stepped on it and so on. Cleaned it, put it into a cardeader and could see all photos and stuff of some poor teenager girl that seems to have lost it

Anyway, im not a the 8GB limit of my pre atm. But thats only because i always carry arround my old ipod touch 8GB for music and audiobooks. dont want to waste battery on pre for it :-/

SD is a nice feature, i dont know if i need more than 8 or 16 GB in my device but i definatly know many people that carrry arround their huge library of photos, music and so on.
    I don't mind the lack of an sd card slot. But I do mind the extreme lack of storage. I mean, who comes out with high end phones only sporting 8GB of memory???????????? If this is the case at launch, the 8GB version sure as heck better not be $200.
    I much prefer microSD to built-in storage. The variable size is a nice advantage, but the simple ability to remove from the phone is the biggest draw for me. Sometimes I prefer to pull the card and throw it in an SD adapter to view contents on a computer rather than pull out the USB cable.