Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By T3CK
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hello Precentral,

I want to buy the HP Pre 3, when it releases this summer. Well, this summer I'm going to California (I live en Denmark, Europe). So I'm thinking about buying the Pre 3, when I go to the US. Will I be able to buy the phone without signing up for a contract with a carrier in the US, and then be able to use it fully funtional in Denmark?
    I hope that HP will fix the necessary activation in a release country, to be able to use the app catalogue, since I don't count on HP to release the phone in Denmark, eventhough they have a big marketshare here.

Thank you in advance!
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by lastbil11 View Post
    Hello Precentral,

I want to buy the HP Pre 3, when it releases this summer. Well, this summer I'm going to California (I live en Denmark, Europe). So I'm thinking about buying the Pre 3, when I go to the US. Will I be able to buy the phone without signing up for a contract with a carrier in the US, and then be able to use it fully funtional in Denmark?
    I hope that HP will fix the necessary activation in a release country, to be able to use the app catalogue, since I don't count on HP to release the phone in Denmark, eventhough they have a big marketshare here.

Thank you in advance!
    Ben
    As far as I know we don't know. The Pre2 is available as an unlocked GSM device but I don't think anyone knows what carriers the Pre3 will be on and if an unlocked GSM version will be available. There's no reason to suspect that it will not be available - then you just have to be sure that the frequencies used will work in both locations.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply
    Just ensure to activate it while you are on California to ensure the access to the full App Catalog
    umm better be ready to spend some cash on that phone lol i expect at least 599 at release for the pre 3 if not more for the full price off contract !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by lastbil11 View Post
    Hello Precentral,

Thank you in advance!
    Ben

The Pre 3 was announced as a world phone, so I'm assuming it will be able to work in Denmark. You can also buy it off contract, however it will be the full price (probably in the $450 - $500 range). Once you get it, also make sure you activate it in the U.S. with a prepaid sim card, otherwise your app catalog purchases will be limited.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am going to assume HP will sell unlocked versions (for developers) directly on their website.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Well, a price range from $450-500$ will still be much cheaper than the expected price in Denmark, which would be around $950.
    Last edited by lastbil11; 04/03/2011 at 06:12 AM.
    I think the $599 price point sounds like what my guess would be, heed the advice of others here: make sure you activate the phone in California, or there is a strong chance you won't get the app catalog access you want.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Wait, how does that all work with the app store and activation? I'm also planning to buy a Pre3 when it's finally out but I live in China. I'm sure it will work fine for making calls but not having access to the app catalog would be bad.

Do you guys think that it will be possible to get access from China? Are there any other ways to access the catalog (maybe while on holiday in Europe? Download from other sources? Activate again abroad?)
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Just ensure to activate it while you are on California to ensure the access to the full App Catalog

You would think HP would fix...Its one of their biggest issues at the moment.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    I'm sure they'll fix it once they actually start selling the phones outside of those initial launch countries. Which I hope is soon.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    The pre 3 is available for pre order at

clove.co.uk - 300 (first shipment due 18/7!)
    play.com - 399
    mobicity.com.au - $699
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Confirmed: Pre3 will be available on 12/22/2012, one day after End of the World.

Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    alonhzn likes this.
    Awesome PhotoShop!!!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Confirmed: Pre3 will be available on 12/22/2012, one day after End of the World.

Funny, that's when mine is coming to.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk