View Poll Results: What are you going to do!?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm waiting for the Pre 3

87 70.73%
  • I'm waiting for the Veer

1 0.81%
  • I'm waiting for the iphone 5. (not on sprint)

3 2.44%
  • I'm switching to an Android phone.

3 2.44%
  • I'm switching to a Windows 7 phone.

0 0%
  • I'm torn between waiting for HP and switching to something else

27 21.95%
  • I don't have a webOS phone.

2 1.63%
  1.    #1  
    I want to start a poll in hopes of getting HPs attention with the results.

Personally I really WANT the pre 3, but I NEED a new phone soon because my original Sprint Pre is scratched, chipped, oreoing, lagging, battery dies fast and so on...

I don't think my Pre survive until "summer time", which could be as late as September.

If you're in the same situation, what are you going to do?
    I agree.. I want PRE 3.. I waited almost 2 years for another webos phone and mine patience are growing thin. Seems like while the other people have more than one phone option..we are kept in the cold. NOT FAIR !!!!
    Last edited by DA BRONX BOMBERZ; 04/01/2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: correctin a mispell word
    I'm in the same boat. Though I ended buying a battery for dirt cheap on Amazon. That and webOS 2.1 metadoctored will help me last till "summer".
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Sorry, but: lol.
    I Sprintified my Pre 2 and it's the Bees Knees. It's good enough to hold me over for another year or so, though I will probably get the itch to upgrade to the Pre 3 well before then.
    I have tasted the forbidden fruit of webOS 2 on my Pre- and can't wait to have it on a quicker device.

To tell the truth I've always been a physical keyboard junkie, but am slowly starting to come around I think -- if a keyboardless phone is announced when the Pre 3 is released, and that keyboardless phone is nice, and I can find a nice foldable bluetooth keyboard, I think a physical keyboard would probably be enough to type an SMS on and the keyboard would probably be enough to write serious longer texts on.

Voted waiting for Pre 3 although I may, in fact, be waiting for Myte (or Gyst) instead. My Pre won't be fully paid off before October or November anyhow.
    Fortunately (I guess) for me, I have to wait until Aug before I can get an upgrade discount so I am holding out for a pre3 on Sprint. In the meantime, I am looking for a cheap pre2 to do a frankenpre :-)
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I bought another Pre- on eBay to tide me over. Still waiting for Pre 3 . . .
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Pre 3 would be great and I can't wait to try one, see what native 1.2ghz is like, with plenty of RAM to spare. Our Pre- have served well and mine is thankfully holding its own with its recent 2.1 update, but it is certainly in need of an upgrade and I can't wait! Make it happen HP! Sorli...
    Surely you don't really believe that HP's business plan will be affected by the opinion of a few P|C members.
    My trade in window for my VZW Pre Plus is not until September or so anyway, so I wouldn't be trading in until then. I just hope the Pre 3 is out on Verizon by then.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat with the Pre Wreck. It's taped together by now. Will need to replace it "in the coming months"........
    is it possible that HP is waiting for june to roll around because they knew sprint was changing their upgrade policy for the "new" premiere statuses, so that EVERYONE could upgrade to the pre3 from the original pre? i would like to think thats the case but realistically i give that a haha
  14.    #14  
    I don't think so.
    If HP was smart, they would roll it out before April 1st, before Sprint took away everyones 1 year upgrade rewards.
    Now everyone is stuck waiting for their 2 year contract to be over, but by the time our upgrade ability comes around i'm sure the pre 3 will be outdated anyway.
    I'm hoping they release a thinner webos phone with a virtual keyboard.
    My June of 09 Pre still is in great condition but then again I take care of my devices. My Mugen 1400 battery is a year and half old and is still at 88% capacity and thanks to webOS Internals and the homebrew community my Pre is still a very functional device even though it is almost 2 years old. So no problem, whenever HP releases the Pre 3 (hopefully on Sprint) works for me.
    I was gonna vote pre 3,but I don't think my current pre- will allow that to happen.
    My touchscreen has a mind of its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post

Personally I really WANT the pre 3, but I NEED a new phone soon because my original Sprint Pre is scratched, chipped, oreoing, lagging, battery dies fast and so on...

I don't think my Pre survive until "summer time", which could be as late as September.

If you're in the same situation, what are you going to do?
    I tweeted the poll for you. Maybe that will help get the numbers up. Tho I think they already know what WE want...lol...
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I'm waiting, but I don't think that it's for the Pre3. I'm ok with the form factor (would prefer larger screen slab, but whatevs) but I really want a phone with a 4g antenna, which I don't believe the p3 has (correct me if I'm wrong). My Pre- is holding up ok (thanks insurance!) but I'm sure once I get a touchpad I'll be itching to tap-to-share.
    It really depends. If the Pre 3 is on sprint, and it has 4G that is available in my area (right now it's just wimax), then I will be purchasing.

If it's not on sprint or doesn't have 4G, I'm not gonna have a choice... Evo 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Ecstasy View Post
    It really depends. If the Pre 3 is on sprint, and it has 4G that is available in my area (right now it's just wimax), then I will be purchasing.

If it's not on sprint or doesn't have 4G, I'm not gonna have a choice... Evo 3D.
    My contract is up with sprint in June, as is my 10 years. I have a second phone on sprint I can keep if I want to be able to keep my premier status. Right now HP is offering the the Pre 2 free and with free shipping for 2 year VZ contract.
    Palm Pre 2 for Verizon Wireless - HP Wireless Central powered by Simplexity If they are still doing that at the time my contract is up, I may jump carriers. I like sprint, but I'm drooling for new hardware.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.