Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everywhere you turn and read or hear about WebOS.It's concerning the To and not really about the Pre3. Why don't HP talk more about the Pre3 alone and not always in conjuction with the To? I'm starting to think that HP is trying to phase out phones in the near future.

Update:Maybe I shouldn't have posted that they will phase out phones.I think I might have rushed to make such a statement.Although I'm glad it hasn't fallen on deaf ears.(Thanks to Precentral) My intentions were and always will be to draw attention to a product that I feel hasn't gotten enough attention.
    Last edited by prethadd81; 04/04/2011 at 10:37 PM.
    That really doesn't make much sense ... HP is by far not phasing out phones. They have stated many times that this arena is a very important part of where the industry is going - hence spending over a billion dollars on buying Palm. The mobile market is mainstay and you will see them build their presence up over time. The Veer is the first phone out, so that's what they are ramping up. The Pre and the TouchPad are the next devices and you'll see marketing blitz's coming out when those releases approach. It usually takes companies months and months to absorb a the purchase of a new company (legal, employees, marketing, scale, etc...) and they have done it in a fraction of that time for the most part.
  3.    #3  
    I considered that,and I understand that but I guess time will tell.I also think that because of what Hurd said before he was fired.That still in stick in my mind about not buying WebOS to put it in phones.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    They can't say much until they get the carrier testing done.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    i jus dont think they have anything interesting to say right now. not anything that can hold a candle to the hardware th other guys are announcing. until they have a release date and finalize some apps from key developer partners, wha could the possibly talk about that wouldnt end with "coming soon"
    Tough for them to tip their hand too soon. It's a competitive industry, so if they are making any tweaks or even if they have a specific time for release.. why talk about it and give the competitors the info. Waiting sucks, but I'd rather have them ship and make a big announcement when it's hitting the shelves.
    If they didn't have phones, how would they pass data seamlessly between phones, tablets and computers? C'mon, think about it for a minute...
    I was going to post a similar topic. Try googling Pre 3 in news. The first thing I see is preopening market report. Nest is pre-ballet for kids.
    The TouchPad is going to be the big seller and the Main device they will probably push the most. If people want the TouchPad, they are most likely going to want the handheld devices that the TouchPad communicates with. So with pushing the Touchpad and not the phones as much, they are really pushing both since they kinda go together. Im sure when summer gets closer, we will hear a lot more and see a lot more of the Pre3.
  10.    #10  
    Well I hope so,but I wanted to get feedback of other opinions.It makes sense to stay in the mobile market.I know if they pull this next year I'm gone!
    Maybe HP is focused on soon to be released Veer. I think, both should be released together.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Maybe HP is focused on soon to be released Veer. I think, both should be released together.
    Yeah I agree!! I don't even know why the pre 2 was made knowing the pre 3 would be out soon.
    my take on it is that smartphones aren't necessarily a thing of the past, but they're "old news" and "average"...

2011 is about tablets. That's the industry talk. It's the hype. It's the attention from everywhere.

This is where HP has to shine.

Consumers will see this, and if they market it properly, the smartphones will then stagger behind and get promotion through that
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    They can't say much until they get the carrier testing done.

And for that they need carriers............;-)

"Whadda ya have for lunch today Steve?... I think I'm gonna have me some halfbaked Pre 3 Larry.."
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    And for that they need carriers............;-)

"Whadda ya have for lunch today Steve?... I think I'm gonna have me some halfbaked Pre 3 Larry.."
    lol they are already in carrier testing, so they obviously have a deal with some carriers

the process just takes a bit of time unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Tough for them to tip their hand too soon. It's a competitive industry, so if they are making any tweaks or even if they have a specific time for release.. why talk about it and give the competitors the info. Waiting sucks, but I'd rather have them ship and make a big announcement when it's hitting the shelves.
    Like Feb 9th didn't do enough damange on this front. Let's tip our hand 4+ months before we release anything. Then let's launch the Pre2 at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I considered that,and I understand that but I guess time will tell.I also think that because of what Hurd said before he was fired.That still in stick in my mind about not buying WebOS to put it in phones.
    Hurd is no longer there, so that shouldnt carry any weight.

Why wouldnt you try to focus on the assurance the current CEO and other HIGH level officials have given us....
    Last edited by RoverNole; 03/31/2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    Yeah I agree!! I don't even know why the pre 2 was made knowing the pre 3 would be out soon.
    My opinion is, it is what it is as to the past, so lets focus on what/where HP is going starting with the Veer, then Touchpad/Pre 3 and beyond.

HP is in it to win it, just be patient!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, Ruby kept referring to the Pre 3 as a "workhorse". To me, that means that HP realizes that it will not have much of an identity with consumers (following in the footsteps of the Pre, Pre Plus, and Pre 2). My guess is that they think that the Veer is a more unique product. I'll bet they expect the Pre 3 to be the type of phone that an enterprise customer distributes to its employees like a Blackberry.
    As the old saying goes, "different folks can hear the same message and come away with a different understanding and/or interrupatation".
    at least 'in the coming months' became 'in the coming weeks' when hp took over
    Palm prē-ist.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast