Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    I find it odd there's no rumors of release dates. Its April, If they're working with multiple carriers you'd think there be a leak somewhere with a release date. If they're planning on releasing 6 devices this year that would make you think the 3 is coming early summer not late summer, but something doesn't feel right. At the Engadget Show Ruby said he couldnt remember all the specs on the 3 b/c he has the new phones theyre working on in his head, so that makes me think the 3 really is ready, but why no info?
    HP been good about leaks up until right before the Feb 9th announcement. So I am not surprised at all.
    this is a total guess with zero proof.

But i think with purchasing a new company, i'm guessing even more for the tablets then phones, and then realizing that the phone business has been evolving with light speed (new devices every week), with all that i think stuff is just going really fast for HP. And my gut says they are having a bit of an issue adjusting to the ridiculous pace of change, not having the luxury of taking their time in the phone market, having to attempt to keep pace with apple in the tablet space. I my gut just says if everything was going perfectly they'd have told release dates but they are trying to meet the demands of markets they are new to like a june release. Like i imagine, if you go to the imaging section of HP it's all clockwork. they know exactly what's going on for next year and what date. I bet if you got to the palm part they are like, "Get away from me. I got deadlines. Every hour you waste talking to me is an hour later we launch now get out of my office."
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    I find it odd there's no rumors of release dates. Its April, If they're working with multiple carriers you'd think there be a leak somewhere with a release date. If they're planning on releasing 6 devices this year that would make you think the 3 is coming early summer not late summer, but something doesn't feel right. At the Engadget Show Ruby said he couldnt remember all the specs on the 3 b/c he has the new phones theyre working on in his head, so that makes me think the 3 really is ready, but why no info?
    And....I was a day early Pre 3 headed to Verizon? | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community Now that's a leak. Stay in the news, give us something! 3 to VZWS, Stingray, keep em coming. (now waiting for the Sprint announcement).
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    HP been good about leaks up until right before the Feb 9th announcement. So I am not surprised at all.
    That's when it's all in house. When it goes to carriers/manufacturers it's a new story. Even Apple cant be leak free (Gizmodo iphone 4)
    The sting ray is why I think they have not talked about the pre3. They are finally clearing through the old palm ideas and moving to the HP devices that they really want to push.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    The sting ray is why I think they have not talked about the pre3. They are finally clearing through the old palm ideas and moving to the HP devices that they really want to push.
    It is possible. Maybe they don't want to focus on pre 3 bc of the stingray and windsor?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    It is possible. Maybe they don't want to focus on pre 3 bc of the stingray and windsor?
    That's a possibilit but that would be stupid! Just like they did with the Pre2.What would be the point of releasing or announcing those phones?!
    I hope this isn't true because it will be a waste of money to do such a thing.I think they should have strapped the pre2,veer and just announced the Pre3 as the pre2 and the leaked slab phone along side the touchpad.Then it would have been what people wanted a slider with a bigger screen,better specs,and a slab phone with up to date specs.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123