Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is the latest round from Laptop Mag

Smart Phone Madness Game 13: BlackBerry Torch vs. Palm Pre 3

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Seriously?

Seriously

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Im guessing that we can pull off another webOS win
    Palm should sent me a Pre 3 for evaluation purposes if they want me to vote. :>
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Seriously
    It's an easy vote. My "seriously" had to do with the Torch being there Guess i should edit.
    I'm really finding it hard to vote for a phone that not even out yet.

its kind of a joke really and just shows laptop mag don't know what they are doing.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's an easy vote. My "seriously" had to do with the Torch being there Guess i should edit.
    I know, I was meaning the same...the BB Torch should have been beaten by the Galaxy S Series - especially since it is old, slow and a complete knock-off of the Pre. Seems that BB is having a go at copying just about everything from Plam/webOs these days. First the Torch now the PlayBook. Also shows that there are some serious crackberry fans out there. I for one have tried them, and they are use full fledged at work. I refused one and continue to use my personal cell for work and just check my email on my laptop instead since it is not allowed to go to my personal cell.

Battle of the sliders! Kewl.

I am still amazed that the 4G T-Mobile phones didn't win. They should have done well.
    Voted!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Currently 93% for Pre 3 to 7% for BB Torch
    Domination.
    The Torch is Barely better than the Pre Plus, the Pre 2 and Pre 3 are by far best phones than the torch.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    The Torch is Barely better than the Pre Plus, the Pre 2 and Pre 3 are by far best phones than the torch.
    If you say so. I've not seen either Pre in stores.
  14. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    105 to 1219 (time now) . . . appears the PRE3 is distancing itself ~
    BB torch no question.

i mean, how can you use a phone that isn't even available yet?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    If the Torch is anything like any other blackberry, I'd rather not have an unavailable phone :-D Also surprised that this hasn't made the main page as a blog entry yet.
    Looks like Torch faithful are fighting back against the Pre:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=599422
    By the time the Pre 3 is released, the Torch 2 will be released
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    BB torch no question.

i mean, how can you use a phone that isn't even available yet?
    The question being asked isn't which phone you use. It is asking, "Which phone is better?" Having watched the presentation, multiple videos, being familiar w/webOS--I have no problem voting for the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    The poll is tightening up: currently 35.5% for the Torch to 64.5% for the Pre 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast