Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I believe the Pre 3 will be marketed as a 4G device. HSPA+ on ATT, Sprint will probably suggest WiMAX. Not sure about Verizon LTE .... The Thunderbolt is a thick device b/c of the LTE hardware. Anyway I think it's possible we may get 4 G afterall
    thats doubtful to say the least ! they would be promoting that if so
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The only way that Sprint will take the Pre 3 is that it will be 4G. They are only wanting to promote 4G and this will be they take on the new Pre 3. That will also shoot it past the Iphone.
    If this device had been 4G from the start, it would've been marketed as such because as the previous poster pointed out, it'd put it past the iPhone. The only reason people don't choose getting an iPhone these days is to pick up a 4G compatible phone. I mean the Evo was a big success because it was the first "4G" phone released.

As much as I wish it was, I sincerely doubt it really will be.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thats doubtful to say the least ! they would be promoting that if so
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    If this device had been 4G from the start, it would've been marketed as such because as the previous poster pointed out, it'd put it past the iPhone. The only reason people don't choose getting an iPhone these days is to pick up a 4G compatible phone. I mean the Evo was a big success because it was the first "4G" phone released.

As much as I wish it was, I sincerely doubt it really will be.
    Thats assuming that when we saw the Pre 3 they were far enough along in the certification process where the carriers (ie Sprint) start submitting idea's they want in the phone. Obviously, since we haven't had any official word, they are not far along in it yet.

And they haven't promoted the Pre 3 being 4G yet however we know it has HSPA+ (Look Here). I think HP originally wanted the Pre 3 to be 3G only, doesn't consider the HSPA+ to be 4G (even though ATT -- the carrier who will take it -- does) and Sprint will request it to have 4G. That doesn't mean it has happened yet. And the EVO was successful because it is a BEAST of a phone. First phone that can go toe-to-toe with the iPhone and win .... at least according to the commercial (I love that commercial lol).
    What '4G' technology is the Inspire using?
    If the Pre3 uses the same, then it will be '4G'.
    When is everyone even going to get 4g access?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Hopefully quickly, 4G is very nice where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What '4G' technology is the Inspire using?
    If the Pre3 uses the same, then it will be '4G'.
    HSPA+

Which isn't fully activated or something.

Also the name could suggest multiple things. 4th gen pre and it uses 4th generation wireless tech.

As for name. Sprint, AT&T, and Tmobile all have 4G at the end of their devices. Verizon (as of now) hasn't. Thunderbolt, Charge, Revolution, and Bionic all don't have 4G in their names.
    The Veer has already been confirmed to use HSPA+, which is AT&T's current definition of 4G. So who knows, it may be that the hardware was unconfirmed and we will get other (better IMO) flavors of 4g in the future.
    the Pre 4 will be 4g,

HP Pre 4G
    4g is irrelevant right now, it has to mature quite a bit before it becomes viable. Yes it is hella fast but theres noone on it right now, when Bell/Telus got their new network up not too long ago you got blazing speeds on it if you got in good and early.
    So At&t's Inspire is HSPA+ ?
    Isn't that what the GSM Pre3 is going to be?
    until its Lte advanced its not 4g
    Is the Inspire LTE Capable?
    Just call me Berd.
    Pre 3 4G Gen. 5

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Inspire is Listed as HSPA+ 850/1900 MHz and even HTC is calling it 4G.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't care about 4G? Closest 4G area to where I live is like 2 hours away.

I just really want a new webOS phone on Sprint. I had a dream last night that I had to switch to Android and I woke up disappointed. Sad, eh? :/

hopefully not too far off-topic...
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't care about 4G? Closest 4G area to where I live is like 2 hours away.

I just really want a new webOS phone on Sprint. I had a dream last night that I had to switch to Android and I woke up disappointed. Sad, eh? :/

hopefully not too far off-topic...
    when i woke up this morning, my pre- touchscreen wasnt working. still isn't. looks like your bad dream, just became my reality. android here i come
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I heard even Knoxville, TN and it's getting 4G for Sprint right now. My dad's Epic and my Realtor's EVO both get 4G sometimes around Knoxville. And if they are starting to spread it in Knoxville then I am sure it will be going to smaller cities all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Seowave View Post
    HSPA+
    As for name. Sprint, AT&T, and Tmobile all have 4G at the end of their devices. Verizon (as of now) hasn't. Thunderbolt, Charge, Revolution, and Bionic all don't have 4G in their names.
    Thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    The Veer has already been confirmed to use HSPA+, which is AT&T's current definition of 4G. So who knows, it may be that the hardware was unconfirmed and we will get other (better IMO) flavors of 4g in the future.
    Thats my thinking actually.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast