Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by thecaringkind View Post
    It was OTA. That kind of speed is DA TRUTH! Besides, as compelling as WebOS is it is still shackled when you consider the hardware. The Pre 3 is very good hardware wise, however it is surrounded by Android phones that have GREAT hardware and are rapidly being supplied with 4G radios to take advantage of a lightning fast network. HP dropped the ball people. Again, I will always love WebOS, but HP REALLY needs to step their game up on cell phones. They are simply behind the curve. When you count the number of superior hardware phones that have dropped since the Pre 3 announcement and are going to be available before we get a sniff of the Pre 3; it gets pretty embarrassing...
    I agree with you that HP needs to step it up...and then some. I did get the HTC EVO and came back to my Pre minus after 4 weeks, but if the Pre 3 (3G or 4G, I really don't care) does not come to Sprint, well, I will be as and will end up getting an Android device
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Doesn't really matter to me. There is no Sprint 4G coverage in my area and Verizon doesn't plan to hit my city until the end of 2012 with some 4G love. Even then its just my city, the rest of the state isn't even on the radar.
    If the Pre 3 is 4G, can I buy it and just get 3G service? Perhaps a question for Sprint, but not yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    If the Pre 3 is 4G, can I buy it and just get 3G service? Perhaps a question for Sprint, but not yet.
    no you can not just get 3g service and pay less lol !! good try though !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i hear the Veer is 4g so i would expect that the pre3 will be also !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    sprints charges already for already for all smartphones the $10 premium fee (from when you chang esn) so you won't see no different in price from 3G smartphone to 4G smartphone
    One thing to note is the Pre will come in both 8GB and 16GB memory options. Isn't that a bit fishy? When was the last time a company besides Apple has sold a phone with two different internal memory options?

If anything, my hope would be that maybe Verizon or Sprint or whoever would have a Pre 3 with 3G and 8GB of memory for $100-$150 or so and then have the Pre 3 with 16GB of memory and 4G LTE or WiMax for $200-$250. Maybe that doesn't make sense but it's odd seeing a company besides Apple showing two different memory options. Would Verizon and Sprint offer the 8GB Pre 3 or just the 16GB version? How much will the difference in price be? As a Verizon customer, I do hope Verizon will have a 16GB 4G Pre 3 along with an 8GB 3G Pre 3. But it's very strange seeing two different memory capacities, especially since the previous Pres have been offered with only one memory option...
    Last edited by Mr. Moneybags; 04/09/2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: grammar check
    2 to 3 different memory options will become standard with HP/Palm now and will continue along from here on out , at least I believe it will continue on .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Yeah, but why 8GB? Why would they downgrade from the Pre 2's and the Pre Plus' 16GB option? I can understand if they go 16GB and 32GB, but why in the heck would they downgrade a "professional grade" phone?

I'm hoping they'll have a "low-end" Pre 3 with 8GB of memory, basic 3G, and a low price while offering a "high-end" Pre 3 with 4G and their larger memory capacity. Reading some of the comments on here, some people don't necessarily want 4G in a Pre 3 so maybe instead of forcing them onto 4G, and subsequently an ultra high-end phone price, they can buy a "midrange" priced Pre 3 so they aren't paying the high price for the phone as well as not paying a 4G fee if applicable.
    With cloud based storage becoming the norm, who needs 32gb on device storage?
    I've got the world in my Palm !!
    Me.
    Some of us have limited data plans and lots of music. When was the last time you saw someone carrying around the smallest iPhone?
  12. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Look at the equipment in the product cycle that is currently rolling out . . . the Pre3 will be 4G. I suspect that is part of the reason we've heard little from HP and the carriers about it lately. HP will get the carrier support for this phone and I suspect it will be marketed in concert with the TouchPad with a very thorough blitz. Hope that Sprint is one of the early recipients~
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234