Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    June 6th is not a good day, does anybody remember what happened to the Pre the first time? Apple will steal all the thunder if HP tries announcing products within a week of a new iPhone.
    So what, just release the dang thing. We're living in a world where a hot new phone is released every few weeks. There will always be the shadow of some new super phone no matter when it is released. HP shouldn't try to time it around other phones' schedules. Just release it asap.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    So what, just release the dang thing. We're living in a world where a hot new phone is released every few weeks. There will always be the shadow of some new super phone no matter when it is released. HP shouldn't try to time it around other phones' schedules. Just release it asap.

Releasing products at the correct time is very important. There is almost always a higher demand for products upon it's initial release. If the Pre3 comes out at the same time as the next Iphone it will fail. Look at the video game industry and you can see just how important it is to time a release around other products, especially when you are an underdog going up against the dominating force in phones.
    It has to be before iPhone 5's announcement.
    Anyone know if the said the Palm Pre would release "In the Summer of 2009" or what they actually said? Summer tech starts like what, 22 or 25?
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Anyone know if the said the Palm Pre would release "In the Summer of 2009" or what they actually said? Summer tech starts like what, 22 or 25?
    22 or 25 what?

Summer on the calendar year starts June 21.
    The longer they wait the more chance they have to fail....look what happened with my Pre minus. On the other hand, they'd better get it right out of the box or it will be an epic fail! I agree with a previous poster that it needs to launch with the pad (even though I don't think I need a pad) if they're gonna' make anything out of this T2S technology...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Haha, mine 20. birthday.
    I think it would only be smart to launch both Pre3 and TP at the same time. So if they did launch on June 6th it would be I believe two days before Samsung and the new Tab. I think it would be a good move to get out before the Tab as that has some serious potential for the price Samsung set.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Launching a device with a technology nobody can use yet, is not necessarily a bad thing..

Google did it with the Nexus S. NFC built in, but no-where to actually use it.
    I hope they launch sooner than that... especially on Sprint for some of die hards with the original Pre... cause that Nexus S 4G is looking rather nice.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Launching a device with a technology nobody can use yet, is not necessarily a bad thing. Google did it with the Nexus S. NFC built in, but no-where to actually use it.
    especially since most phone contracts are for two years.
  12.    #32  
    Yes I don't think you want people to go over 2 years cause then you are really telling people to get a different phone.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Just wanted to give you guys a quick heads up: The Big HP Discover 2011 Event is happening June 6-10th. Pretty good (interesting) timing, no?

https://h30406.www3.hp.com/campaigns...egas/index.php
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    UPDATE: So is Apple's WWDC :/

Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2011
    Thanks for posting that WWDC thing - that's the first thing I thought of when seeing this post today. I'm already gearing up for a great product getting overshadowed by Apple hoopla surrounding WWDC and the thought of a new device from Cupertino...

HP I'm sorry, you guys just aren't catching any breaks here.

[puts ****** cap on]
    HOWEVER, this may be the WebOS david and goliath moment! Maybe they can still turn this boat around... maaaybe.

edit:
    wow, pfanboy is bleeped out? awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    UPDATE: So is Apple's WWDC :/

Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2011
    you think they would have learned
    Not all is lost. Some sites are saying there won't be an iPhone 5 this year after all. Take it with a ****load of salt.
    No iPhone, iPad or Mac hardware coming at WWDC
    iPhone 5‚́A2012”N“x’†‚”*•\‚•ύXH | MAC‚•Š’’c blogi—…j”Ձj

Now Engadget, too:
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/n...oks-from-here/
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 03/28/2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    you think they would have learned
    The funny thing is that Apple decided their date long after the HP event was scheduled...
    Can't wait for the 3
    IF (big emphasis on the "if" there) there's no iPhone 5, then it wouldn't matter that WWDC is scheduled at the same time... However, since last year's iPhone 4 was leaked, I'm sure that Jobs and Co. have ramped up security for this one, so we won't know if it going to be unveiled there or at a later event. :/

Still, a massive ad campaign (seriously, just ) could help counter-act this seemingly-stupid move.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast