Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    There are so many limitations and complexities dealing with BES. Simple things like adding a company calendar are impossible with BES. I am using Sprint's plans of shutting down iDEN service as an excuse to get my client off of BES and BB's due to the pain of that setup. Maybe Palm will have a phone coming out for the revamp of Direct Connect when it comes out at the end of this year.
    Oh, I agree. I just don't think displacing RIM in the enterprise is as easy as HP releasing the Pre 3 and a couple of backend tools. There are just way too many BES servers deployed and pretty firmly entrenched.
    I went to the live show & watched it online yesterday. I was more frustrated at the live show because Ruby didnít make any new announcements. After watching it yesterday online, I got over the frustration & paid attention more. To me the interview re-iterated that HPís strategy will go more towards enterprise/business users. The Pre 3 was introduced as the phone for professionals at the Think Beyond event. During the show Ruby mentioned that Palm originally catered more towards business professionals/enterprise customers, and that they would return to that.

I think that this is very apparent with the current line up of devices, and how there is no slab smartphone. The slab form factor is currently the standard for most consumer smartphones. (Itís like when the Moto Razor was the most popular phone. Many consumers had a Razor, or some sort of flip phone; because the flip phone was the standard form factor at the time, while most business users had Palm Pilots or Treo smartphones.) So with the current lineup of HP phones, itís obvious they are aiming more towards business professionals / enterprise customers. In terms of the consumer market, Ruby stated HP is ďVeeringĒ in a different direction with the Veer. Besides being a companion device for those who prefer to carry a tablet around, it will appeal to those who donít like huge slab phones. In addition I think the Veer will appear to those who currently have dumbphones or feature phones, and are upgrading to their 1st smartphone.

In the end, as long as the Pre 3 launches on Sprint Iíll be happy. If not my Franken Pre 2 will last me for quite sometime. As far as the Touchpad goes, the only deal breaker for me is if there is any lag. After playing around with the iPad 2 (which is ultra responsive), I canít imagine paying for a tablet that has any lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I went to the live show & watched it online yesterday. I was more frustrated at the live show because Ruby didn’t make any new announcements. After watching it yesterday online, I got over the frustration & paid attention more. To me the interview re-iterated that HP’s strategy will go more towards enterprise/business users. The Pre 3 was introduced as the phone for professionals at the Think Beyond event. During the show Ruby mentioned that Palm originally catered more towards business professionals/enterprise customers, and that they would return to that.

I think that this is very apparent with the current line up of devices, and how there is no slab smartphone. The slab form factor is currently the standard for most consumer smartphones. (It’s like when the Moto Razor was the most popular phone. Many consumers had a Razor, or some sort of flip phone; because the flip phone was the standard form factor at the time, while most business users had Palm Pilots or Treo smartphones.) So with the current lineup of HP phones, it’s obvious they are aiming more towards business professionals / enterprise customers. In terms of the consumer market, Ruby stated HP is “Veering” in a different direction with the Veer. Besides being a companion device for those who prefer to carry a tablet around, it will appeal to those who don’t like huge slab phones. In addition I think the Veer will appear to those who currently have dumbphones or feature phones, and are upgrading to their 1st smartphone.

In the end, as long as the Pre 3 launches on Sprint I’ll be happy. If not my Franken Pre 2 will last me for quite sometime. As far as the Touchpad goes, the only deal breaker for me is if there is any lag. After playing around with the iPad 2 (which is ultra responsive), I can’t imagine paying for a tablet that has any lag.
    I agree with him emphasizing the Enterprise and I really hope that the phone meets Enterprise's expectations. I think a lot of webOS fans are done with the talk. They can talk all they want about the Enterprise, but until we actually see it happening it is meaningless. I'm not saying they should be doing anything now, because it's not ready. If the TP and Pre 3 launch this summer and have fantastic Enterprise integration then great, but if not it's going to make this waiting period even worse.
    I still want to go on record as predicting that HP will use the "PalmPad" trademark for a smaller tablet, either the 7 inch or even a large slab. {Jonathan}
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789