Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I doubt he's out making the rounds to announce any major news... simply to talk about and promote the devices.
    Can we use this thread as a quasi live blog for those that can't watch the show? I don't think there will be major news, but I think there will be some interesting information.
    Oh god, please. don't expect jon to be announcing products or making this big wave of news.

it's an interview, not a keynote or a presentation.
    This Canadian blogger seems to say Pre3 will be released in the spring as well as the Veer (the Touchpad in June). Don't know his sources:
    "In just a few months we'll see the release of the highly-anticipated HP TouchPad, which will be the first tablet running webOS. In the meantime, HP will be releasing two webOS-based smartphones in early spring, the HP Veer and the HP Pre3."
    The New Contender In The OS Field: webOS | GetConnected Media
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Can we use this thread as a quasi live blog for those that can't watch the show? I don't think there will be major news, but I think there will be some interesting information.
    It was said above in a response to my question that a live stream will be available on engaget's website. So I hope to watch it myself.

Jon will reveal nothing new, and will dodge all questions and a coming months will be mentioned. He has done this at every show. Just like the bull "something special in the coming weeks". Its all loose filler information to keep the sheep at bay. I would LOVE to see it brought up, "So here we are with the coming weeks, what about that something special you mentioned earlier?"

By spring, when the nexus s 4g on sprint comes out, i may have switched for that. Dropped my phone yesterday, the end is near... Too bad I don't have anything webOS to replace it with. Their lose, not mine. I'd defiantly return sometime, but just won't wait around during the life cycle treatment any longer lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Jon will reveal nothing new, and will dodge all questions and a coming months will be mentioned. He has done this at every show.
    If you are right (and I fear you are) then shame on Engadget for getting suckered once again by Ruby and not demanding something new or NO SHOW!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Is this a live show stream? If so how does it work, when does Engadget post up the link?
    Here is the link for the live stream:

The Engadget Show Live! with Jon Rubinstein (Live Video) -- Engadget
    Before someone from Precentral merged the thread into general pre complaints, reading between the lines I believe Hardbeatz post was suggesting the Veer would be announced within 6 days
    Even though it's 1/2 an hour away, you can actually press play on the live feed and tune in now. Actually, now it's gone. Anyway, I could watch it for about two minutes and, while it was hard to see, it looked like Ruby was on stage with someone else and was practicing with three devices. Guess which ones?

EDIT: Actually it's still feeding but Ruby's gone now.
    People are taking their seats. Gonna start soon

Wonder which freebies Ruby will bring (if any...). My guess are Pre 2s with Touchstones, although Veer could already be in mass production. The latter is wishfull thinking, though.

I'd love to hear how HP wants to do things right, though.
    Is everybody back to just a title screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    jep, "the engadget show sponsored by sprint"...
    Back on now, for me.
    Ugh. No audio. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    lol omg...now it started but they have no sound online...OMFG
    and back to the static screen...beginners...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Back on now, for me.
    Ugh. No audio. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    lol omg...now it started but they have no sound online...OMFG
    Classic Engadget...
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    And before it went back to the title screen, two guys came out and were already talking.

You'd think a tech blog good do technology.
    Sound! Woohoo!

No sound. Grrr....

Sound!

No sound.
    So which is lamer: Engadget's live video capabilities or our expectations of Ruby?

Oooh! It seems to be on!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast