Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1.    #1  
    what will the hp pre 3 battery life be like. Is there any info regarding this? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by sayeed91 View Post
    what will the hp pre 3 battery life be like. Is there any info regarding this? Thanks.
    The phone and the software it will run have not been finalized so there is no information about this. The Pre 3's battery is listed at 1230mAh , the Pre is 1150mAh. You can't really compare the 2 head to head since there will be differences in the chips and the software, etc.
  3.    #3  
    cool. also how much you reckon it will cost on pay as you go. preferbly in pounds
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sayeed91 View Post
    cool. also how much you reckon it will cost on pay as you go. preferbly in pounds
    can't be of much help cause I'm in the states, id imagine here it'll be $199 on contract after rebate and within a month or 2 it'll be $99
  5. #5  
    You can say one thing: Battery life will be very very poor.

    Look how much place the iphone 4 battery needs in the iphone (about 80% of all space).
    And in the pre3 the mainboard or other things are much bigger (and of course not more space because of the slider and keyboard). So the battery life will be same **** als Pre/Pre2. Sadly. There is no real System optimization or much better Proecssor etc.

    The pre3 just needs a much bigger battery like the iphone does. (iOS is VERY good programmed and optimized for this hardware and with the same battery as the pre2 it would be same ****)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by venox View Post
    You can say one thing: Battery life will be very very poor.

    Look how much place the iphone 4 battery needs in the iphone (about 80% of all space).
    And in the pre3 the mainboard or other things are much bigger (and of course not more space because of the slider and keyboard). So the battery life will be same **** als Pre/Pre2. Sadly. There is no real System optimization or much better Proecssor etc.

    The pre3 just needs a much bigger battery like the iphone does.
    Where do you get the info? The Pre2 (I actually own one) has a very good battery life compared to the Pre+/-. I can easily get one day of normal usage (without to much gaming) from one full charged battery. On a Pre- I owned before I sometimes got 18hr not much more.
    And since the new CPU in the Pre3 is faster but also more optimized for mobile usage I think battery life will be the same or better. 24hr are possible at normal business usage.
  7. #7  
    I fear the Battery Life won't be much better than on the Pre/2. Just an Update from 1150 mAh to 1230 mAh, but an increase in CPU-Frequency of more than 100%.

    SE Xperia X10 Mini has something at 1500 mAh, and the phone is a bit smaller than the original Pre. So I thought, HP will learn from the poor battery life of the pre and put a bigger battery in the next model. SE can put bigger ones into comparable-sized-phones as well (X10 Mini is a slider too). But I'm afraid HP/Palm didn't learn.

    I can easily get one day of normal usage (without to much gaming) from one full charged battery. On a Pre- I owned before I sometimes got 18hr
    Typo? 18 Hours is a bit more than one day in my oppinion.^^
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    Typo? 18 Hours is a bit more than one day in my oppinion.^^
    No typo. A day has 24hr at least in the rest of the world ;-)
  9. #9  
    ^ damn you, rretsiem! oida bazi, fixer ois wia I

    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    Typo? 18 Hours is a bit more than one day in my oppinion.^^
    What color is the sky in your world?
  10. #10  
    Ahm, my day has 24 Hours as well. Just assumed you mean the "work-day", i.e. without the sleeping. Never mind.
  11. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #11  
    My days only have 16 hours as I can't seem to get a darn thing done

    Hard to say on battery. New hardware, New OS and only slightly larger battery. I think HP/Palms target is a 12 hour day of moderate use though they won't advertise it that way. Why else develop the touchstone?
    Dan
  12. #12  
    Veer = 910mAh -21%
    Pre + = 1150mAh
    Pre 3 = 1230mAh + 6%
    iPhone 4 = 1420mAh + 23%
    Evo 4G = 1500mAh + 30%
    My Netbook = 5200mAh@11.1V +1250%
  13. #13  
    Palm always looks to optimize battery life and performance across all devices and with every new update.

    Ideally you would get as good or better battery. Individual experience and results may vary, however poor battery life should be escalated directly to Palm for investigation and further support.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  14. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #14  
    IMO, at this stage in time, they should not be aiming for an average battery life, but one which delights it's owners and and makes other phone users envious.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by venox View Post
    You can say one thing: Battery life will be very very poor.

    Look how much place the iphone 4 battery needs in the iphone (about 80% of all space).
    And in the pre3 the mainboard or other things are much bigger (and of course not more space because of the slider and keyboard). So the battery life will be same **** als Pre/Pre2. Sadly. There is no real System optimization or much better Proecssor etc.

    The pre3 just needs a much bigger battery like the iphone does. (iOS is VERY good programmed and optimized for this hardware and with the same battery as the pre2 it would be same ****)
    I'm a current Pre2 (GSM) user, and formerly owned an iPhone 4. My Pre2 has significantly better battery life than the iphone4, with similar use. In fact, one of the reasons I dumped the iPhone after a couple of month was the atrocious battery life.
    elbastardocalvo
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by el*******ocalvo View Post
    I'm a current Pre2 (GSM) user, and formerly owned an iPhone 4. My Pre2 has significantly better battery life than the iphone4, with similar use. In fact, one of the reasons I dumped the iPhone after a couple of month was the atrocious battery life.
    It's the false assumption that bigger battery always equals better battery life.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  17. #17  
    Umm....in no way shape or form does the Palm Pre have better battery life than the iPhone 4.

    I mean, i don't even like the iPhone for my own needs, but its battery life is leading the smartphone industry IMO.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Umm....in no way shape or form does the Palm Pre have better battery life than the iPhone 4.

    I mean, i don't even like the iPhone for my own needs, but its battery life is leading the smartphone industry IMO.
    I notice a big difference between the Pre 2 and the Pre in terms of battery life. It would be possible for the Pre 2 to outperform the iPhone and not be mentioned as a leader like the iPhone due to market share.

    I've always thought the best tests were the usability tests. Just turning on the devices and letting the battery drain to a video or music is pointless IMO. I can see the Pre 2 outperforming the iPhone due to using it in different ways to get the same jobs done.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I notice a big difference between the Pre 2 and the Pre in terms of battery life.
    I second that! I own both a Pre- and a Pre2 and the battery life is much much better on the Pre2!

    But I really wonder that also here in the forums most users compare/associate the Pre directly (with all its positives and negatives) to the Pre2. They have the same form-factor, same OS, but hardware/build-quality is another universe!
    And if here in the forums this association is made, I really don't wonder why the Pre2 has such bad sales numbers. Because everyone thinks that's the same as a Pre-. It isn't!!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    I second that! I own both a Pre- and a Pre2 and the battery life is much much better on the Pre2!

    But I really wonder that also here in the forums most users compare/associate the Pre directly (with all its positives and negatives) to the Pre2. They have the same form-factor, same OS, but hardware/build-quality is another universe!
    And if here in the forums this association is made, I really don't wonder why the Pre2 has such bad sales numbers. Because everyone thinks that's the same as a Pre-. It isn't!!
    Not to get off topic, but I think the sales numbers are due to release (releasing the phone in November in Europe, but waiting until February for the U.S.), announcing new products before releasing the current one, and not enough of a difference between the Pre to convince those who 'love webOS but hate the Pre' to give it a try.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions