1.    #1  
    I sure as hell would love a Pre3, but I'm really hoping Virgin Mobile can surprise me somehow and get a Pre2 or Veer. (Note, I have nothing to indicate that this will happen, just hope.)

A Pre2 or Veer for $25 a month and no contract? Yes, I'd say this handily trumps a Pre3 for $80/month. Though I'm sure I'll constantly be jealous of my wealthier, Pre3-owning friends
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    I sure as hell would love a Pre3, but I'm really hoping Virgin Mobile can surprise me somehow and get a Pre2 or Veer. (Note, I have nothing to indicate that this will happen, just hope.)

A Pre2 or Veer for $25 a month and no contract? Yes, I'd say this handily trumps a Pre3 for $80/month. Though I'm sure I'll constantly be jealous of my wealthier, Pre3-owning friends
    This actually gives me a chance to ask a couple questions about Virgin mobile. I personally would much prefer the Pre3, but if I couldn't get it I would consider something else. What exactly do you sacrifice when going to Virgin Mobile? I know their plans are around 25-40/month with no contract. It seems too good to be true. What are the main sacrifices you make on Virgin Mobile compared to Sprint?
    I guess you lose the ability to roam on Verizon's network when you goto areas without Sprint coverage. You also lose international roaming, but most people would avoid that because roaming is overpriced anyways. Oh, and of course, no more Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, and the other pre-loaded sports apps.

I switched to Sprint from Virgin mobile just for the Pre. If they offer anything webOS on Virgin, I sure am jumping over. $25 verses $80 is just too big of a saving. Heck, if they had hTC phones on Virgin, I might also consider. From my experience, Virgin mobile's customer service is on par with Sprint once you get a human to answer the phone, though it is tough to bypass Virgin's computer voice system...
    You also don't receive the benefit of a reduced phone price because there are no contracts.
    Virgin Mobile won't get the Veer...the Veer is GMS (correct me if I'm wrong on that) and Virgin Mobile is a subset of Sprint, which is CMDA. Only the Pre3 will work on Spring and Virgin Mobile.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    You need to look closely at your *total* talk time history with your current carrier which likely includes peak, off-peak, nights & weekends, etc. Virgin does not distinguish between any of those so its $25 monthly fee for 300 minutes may not be enough and you might need to go to $40 for 1200 minutes or $60 for unlimited.
    @fathom...You are correct on the pricing but that also includes unlimited data, txt and such. Virgin Mobile runs everywhere sprint does and the only dif is the sprint apps are not installed. They do have 2 andriod phones, I think an LG & Samsung, but the odds of them getting a webOS IMO are very slim. They seem to follow the lead of Sprint but 3 steps behind.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I personally would not go with Virgin Mobile because I think Sprint, the company providing the underlying network, is unstable. Hell, instead of focusing on improving it's own business, Sprint is crying to the government about the at&t/T-Mobile deal. I do, however, like the idea of the Pre 2 or Veer as a possible stopgap device before the LTE network matures.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Been on the t-mobile network for over a week now and still have service on my virgin mobile... Virgin/Sprint network is superior. Not sure how it is unstable, would love more details on this...

So unfortunately, I will have to wait until someone picks up the palm devices and buy them when they are released. I can not afford Verizon... Or a shoddy, slow data network that has proven to be t-mobile...

Mourning the loss of my new Pre 2... :'(