Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was always a Treo user myself and was a loyal Palm Treo user, having had the Treo 650 and Treo 750 on GSM AT&T network, loved when the Windows Mobile Treo 750 was released having 3G data speeda right around the same time the HTC tyTn was released by HTC and AT&T.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    So as I was saying. People like smaller form factors, just like they like phones like BlackBerry's. If you think people like only one type of phone your just incorrect. Second, the form factor like a Treo lasts longer because there are less moving parts. I don't generally care about these things, but I understand some do. And thats what I wanted to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    So as I was saying. People like smaller form factors, just like they like phones like BlackBerry's. If you think people like only one type of phone your just incorrect. Second, the form factor like a Treo lasts longer because there are less moving parts. I don't generally care about these things, but I understand some do. And thats what I wanted to say.
    Yes,
    and it wasn't too long ago we all wanted smaller, lighter, and thinner.
    Bigger would often be called a Brick.
    Now most everybody wants bigger.
    It's like clothing styles; what's in and what isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yes,
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    ok last time in this thread.

If you are too lazy to spend the second to slide open the physical keyboard buy a blackberry or an android slab. Problem solved. I personally am not willing to sacrifice the keyboard quality or the screen size, the slider is the best solution to a physical keyboard.
    Thats an opinion. Most people who use the vertical keyboard prefer BlackBerry's because they are spaced correctly. And then there is a hinge issue that if they don't tighten too much, could break if you'll not careful. I personally think the best keyboard ever made is on the Epic 4G. It's nicely spaced and perfect.
    I would like a Treo Pro with PrPrPr $specifications$ $and$ $webOS$.

But I prefere the slide form factor...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I prefer the sliding form factor. I don't always need the keyboard out. it only takes a microsecond to slide out the keyboard and the other times the keyboard is out of sight.
    Heavy business user here. Slider vertical physical keyboard is a must-have for me. I can't wait for the Palm 3 for two reasons. At a smidge over a year old, the poor build quality of my PalmPre Plus is clearly a problem. I just hope it can hold out until the 3 comes out. Second, I ache for a stronger processor. Pre3 seems like the answer. Waiting....waiting....waiting...
    One thing I've noticed going back and forth from my Treo Pro to my Pre2, is the ease of 'one-handedness.' of the Treo Pro.
    Yes, I'm sure it's doable with the Pre, but just the typing alone is really difficult one handed on the pre.
    Not to mention if I have to go back up and make corrections.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yes,
    When a phone was just a phone, we needed a display just big enough to see a number plus a dozen little keys. So phones got smaller and smaller.

Today the one thing smartphones never do is ring. They are displays:
    GPS and maps
    HD TV players (Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, Sling)
    Internet browsers
    Game consoles
    PDF viewers
    Document editors
    Photo displays
    Presentation displays

All of these really need bigger displays. No one sells a 3" GPS or 3" movie player. Luxury car GPS's seemed to have stopped growing when they hit about 7". A $399 7" tablet can clip into the car dock and do GPS and all the rest.

One trend well under way is thinness. It is hard to even notice the iPhone 4 in your pocket because it is 1/3" thick making the total volume of the iPhone 4 smaller than the Veer.

A coming trend is larger displays in the same size body. The iPhone 5 will be as small as the iPhone 4 but with a 4" display. The top and bottom bezels will be thinner. Eventually Apple will have an edge-to-edge 5" display in an iPhone 4 body [SQRT(4.5^2+2.31^2)].

Apple is also expected to go the other way with the iPhone Nano. Imagine the iPhone 4 with the same screen but smaller top and bottom bezels.

Fashions change but the change from 19" TV's to big screens is not a fashion. Once that genie got out, we will never get the genie back into a 19" bottle. But it may fit perfectly in a 5" bottle.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/23/2011 at 12:07 AM.
    Hi all,

HP has stated a number of times in the past few weeks, that there will be other product announcements for webOS products and that the Pre3 & the Veer are not the only webOS phones to be released. They did mention that there would be an announcement every other month for the foreseeable future...

Translation, there will be other webOS phones up for sale THIS year. I expect to see:

1. a slab phone as well as
    2. a phone that has the pixi type layout...
    3. a landscape smartphone

(BTW I have had 4 Palm smartphones, with my Centro being my current phone...I am so looking forward to not having such a small screen and I am looking forward to having th keyboard up and out of the way until I need it)!

From what HP has said and hinted, I expect there will be something for everyone from in terms of layout of their smartphones...in addition for the first time since Palm and Handspring were founded....they have almost a bottomless pit in funds for product development....

I also expect there will be a small devise that will be sold after market that will allow us to load webOS on EXISTING computers and use webOS hand gestures.

Take care all of you,

Jay

PS I have no idea which products will be released, however I am taking an educated guess...however Palm DID announce that there WILL BE pother smartphones announced and for sale before the year is over!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    1) Blackberry Torch
    2) Blackberry Storm
    3) Blackberry Storm 2
    4) iPhone

All seem to be quite heavy into the business sector and have full touchscreens with the only exception being the Torch which has a slide out keyboard as well. I have to disagree with the OP saying that a Pixi like phone (no slider, physical keyboard) is the only phone that businessmen prefer.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12