1.    #1  
    Hi there,

Camera quality is a key buying factor for me.
    For me the interesting league would start at the iPhone4, Nokia N97, N97 mini or N8 league (not in terms of megapixel, but in terms of crispness and overall image quality).

I'm really looking forward to the Pre 3 but camera quality is an unknown variably to me at the moment.

Is there any information on the Pre 3's camera performance yet?

Thanks and regs,
    beelzebubi0815
    The fact that it's an autofocus camera alone should mean it yields better results.
    I have never used my camera much, tho I use it more on the pre than other phones. I would love the ability to have a barcode scanner tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Barcode scanning apps will be in catalog. The only thing that was stopping it was the lack of an auto focus camera and it's on Pre 3
    And the camera api
    my pre- camera photo quality is better then my wifes evo. As long as hp used the same camera manufacturer it should only get better with autofocus and higher mp
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMedina View Post
    And the camera api
    Camera API is in webOS 2.0 SDK.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    which just got released on 3/18/11.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Camera API is in webOS 2.0 SDK.
    I hear it isn't as robust as some would have hoped (low level access, etc).
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Currently using an N8 and while the software has me scratching my head now and then the camera is fantastic. My Pre+ actually shoots/shot pretty decent pics but I do wish they'd have set the bar a bit higher.
    Will be better than the Pre's and Pre 2 but not Nokia status
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    my pre- camera photo quality is better then my wifes evo. As long as hp used the same camera manufacturer it should only get better with autofocus and higher mp
    Well to be honest you can't really compare with an Evo. That has the absolute worst camera I have ever seen on a phone. HTC just makes some really crappy phones in general when speaking about hardware quality, camera especially included.
    It is now auto focus and has video stabilization, which means they did put some heart and sole into the camera on the Pre3. I am also interested in seeing how good it is. HP need to get something going that will be the equivalent to DHR (or whatever it is called..)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    It is now auto focus and has video stabilization, which means they did put some heart and sole into the camera on the Pre3. I am also interested in seeing how good it is. HP need to get something going that will be the equivalent to DHR (or whatever it is called..)
    HDR. Lol. :-)
    Hi all,

I can't remember which tech site had a posting showing the same pic taken with all 4 Ihpnes...(just after the Iphone 4 hit the market), each showed the fact that Iphone's camera has a BIG problem with White Balance...in other words, items photographed on a white background appeared to have a color background...each model had a different color shift, one blue, one pink, etc...however NONE were white, as they were supposed to be...cell phone cameras are so-so at best..they will never take the place of my Nikon d70!

However, auto focus will help with pic quality.....Do keep in mind that even the camera industry is seriously talking about either dropping the currect MP ratings of cameras or augmenting the rating with other figures...this b/c digital camera tech is so much more sophisticated than it once was...a 9 MP camera may actually take photos that are inferior to photos taken by a 7 MP camera...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group