Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so i want to get one of the new phones i like the veer cause its small but i like the pre 3 because its nice looking and does a lot what should i do?
    I would go for the Pre3, and then think about getting the Veer as a spare phone... the screen seems too small to handle email, and web surfing comfortably...
  3.    #3  
    I have a pixi now im going to use that as a spare phone just in case one of them break. Hopefully they come to canada or else i have to get a gsm phone (if they come out with gsm) and unlock it.
    Will you get a 3G TouchPad as well? If so then the Veer might be the right choice. Otherwise I agree with DaDueler, I fear the screen might be too small for a convenient use of web and mail.

However, seeing you already have a pixi you should know yourself if the screensize is big enough for you
  5.    #5  
    I dont plan on getting the touch pad haha defiently will see which one i like more when they come out but im leaning towards the veer but i also want the pre jeez what a choice.
    I would say it depends on how long you can wait. Sounds like the Veer will be out first, with the Pre3 out ????
  7.    #7  
    Time is no issue at all i have a pixi plus already a webOS device and i tend to stay with webOS just wanna upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Ok so i want to get one of the new phones i like the veer cause its small but i like the pre 3 because its nice looking and does a lot what should i do?
    Pre3!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre3. I want a bigger phone,not a smaller one. @Adora on twitter has been testing the veer, she said it's easy to type on, best keyboard of all the webos phones so far, and her fav webos phone so far. The only thing she doesn't like is the adapter. She said it is a great party phone.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  10.    #10  
    Thats what im worried about loosing the adapter pieces. I listen to music everyday and i dont feel like always buying new ones.
    The non-standard headphone jack on the Veer is a drawback for me because I use my phone to listen to a lot of music. Maybe I'll split the difference and pick up a Pre 2. They should be giving those away for free by the time my contract is up for renewal (Jan. 02)!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    I would test the feel/size in the store hands on. You will then know if the Veer is too small to type on, etc. & I don't know a better way then to actually put it in your hand.

I find it ironic so many want the 3.5 mm headphone jack when Palm has had such troubles w/this previously on at least the original Pre. Hopefully, this is completely fixed now, but those that handled the Veer at the Feb 9th event said there was no problems & commented on how strong the connection was w/the magnetic connection for the headset. AND, blue tooth is of course an option if that is a concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlion42 View Post
    The non-standard headphone jack on the Veer is a drawback for me because I use my phone to listen to a lot of music. Maybe I'll split the difference and pick up a Pre 2. They should be giving those away for free by the time my contract is up for renewal (Jan. 02)!
    doesn't the veer have bluetooth? No reason not to use bluetooth headphones, so adapter should be no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    doesn't the veer have bluetooth? No reason not to use bluetooth headphones, so adapter should be no issue.
    Excellent point. I wonder what the pricing will be for the Veer. That would be a distinct possibility it the price difference between the Veer and the Pre 3 enough to offset the cost of bluetooth headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    It's used for charging also. Without a replaceable battery it means you always need to carry the adapter with you if you're going to be away from your desk/home for an extended period of time. It's not a deal breaker, but definitely an inconvenience.
    I will get both!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I will get both!
    I hope HP hooks up with buy it later like they did with the Pre 2. I never would have bought an unlocked phone, but 6 months of interest free payments makes it a lot easier!
    If you are a power user who uses the browser, mail, music, and other hackery then your best choice would be the Pre3 because of its screen realistate. If you are more of the person who wants a cool phone that does alot of things but isn't a huge part of their day, Veer is the way to go.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  19.    #19  
    It really matters on the day i know im always on the web and listening to music most of the time i thik pre 3 is the one.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Does the 3.5mm adapter "grab" the headphone plug? I just wonder because if I did go the Veer route I'd have 1 magnetic 3.5 adapter attached to my car and one to my walk around headset.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast