Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not exactly sure how a phone that hasn't been released can win, but Laptop magazine is having a mobile face off. Right now the Pre 3 is facing off against the LG Optimus 3D.

Smart Phone Madness Games 7 and 8: Palm Pre 3 vs. Optimus 3D, Evo Shift 4G vs. Droid Bionic

Go Vote!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Another one? And now for a phone that isn't even released? LOL.. I'm trying to decide if that's better than having a 2 yr old phone entered.
    Hey its winning right now.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Voted. In a few months I will know if I was right.
    I'll vote in the coming months.

and don't get me started on HP's/Palm's promises.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    "I'll vote in the coming months"
    ----took me a minute to see what you did there
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    If we win this thing, is HP going to use that chart on their next announcement event? I might want to vote for pre3, just to see that the chart on the screen. So embarrassing and funny at the same time.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Read this today on AOL site:
    Hewlett Packard (HP)
    Hewlett Packard, headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., currently ranks 10th on the Fortune 500. The company ships around 48 million PCs each year, making it the largest supplier of PCs worldwide. With revenues of $126 billion for their 2010 fiscal year, the company is also the largest IT company in the world. HP currently operates in 170 countries worldwide and has over 300,000 employees.

The company recently announced that starting sometime next year, all their PCs will ship with both Microsoft Windows and WebOS loaded. The new operating system, is HP's foray into the world of tablet-style operating systems, and is their attempt to compete with Apple's iPad and Android-based tablets.

Employee Review: The new CEO seems to want to reinvigorate a culture of innovation, bringing products to market faster and truly recognizing, valuing and developing employees...*

Top Job Categories:

•Information Technology Jobs
    •Management Jobs
    •Engineering Jobs
    •See all Hewlett Packard jobs

Hope is alive for WebOS!!!!!!
    [QUOTE=Carlie's Mom;2912597]Read this today on AOL site:
    Hewlett Packard (HP)
    Hewlett Packard, headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., currently ranks 10th on the Fortune 500. The company ships around 48 million PCs each year, making it the largest supplier of PCs worldwide. With revenues of $126 billion for their 2010 fiscal year, the company is also the largest IT company in the world. HP currently operates in 170 countries worldwide and has over 300,000 employees.

The company recently announced that starting sometime next year, all their PCs will ship with both Microsoft Windows and WebOS loaded. The new operating system, is HP's foray into the world of tablet-style operating systems, and is their attempt to compete with Apple's iPad and Android-based tablets.

Employee Review: The new CEO seems to want to reinvigorate a culture of innovation, bringing products to market faster and truly recognizing, valuing and developing employees...*

Top Job Categories:
    The Pre 3 surprisingly has a huge lead. Lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    After my hasty Pre 3 vote, we can count 868 to the Pre 3 and 123 for the LG Optimus. Stop voting, we don't want to make them feel too bad...nah what am I saying? Yeah we do!! :P

Palm community wins again!

Interesting to note though, whoever is holding the faceoff called it a Palm Pre 3 not HP Pre 3. Looks like HP will have a hard time ditching the Palm brand name

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    After my hasty Pre 3 vote, we can count 868 to the Pre 3 and 123 for the LG Optimus. Stop voting, we don't want to make them feel too bad...nah what am I saying? Yeah we do!! :P

Palm community wins again!

Interesting to note though, whoever is holding the faceoff called it a Palm Pre 3 not HP Pre 3. Looks like HP will have a hard time ditching the Palm brand name

Yeah big win for palm community to win the race which nobody cares about except palm community and HP.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Yeah big win for palm community to win the race which nobody cares about except palm community and HP.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Obviously. Pre's have had their fair share of market struggle. They need things like this more than anyone else to help get their products out there. That goes without saying man.

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    voted. Go Pre3.
    YIPPPPEEEEE for the Pre THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post

Sent from Tapatalk
    Dude you are such a killjoy. Lol
    This poll is just a waste of time. If the Pre 3 wins, Palm is going to brag about it at their next big event, then announce they're gonna drop support for all their Pre 3 users who voted. Same thing happened in the OS Bowl, from the same Laptop Magazine.

This is just a thing Laptop Mag does to get visitors anyway.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how a phone that hasn't been released can win, but Laptop magazine is having a mobile face off. Right now the Pre 3 is facing off against the LG Optimus 3D.

Smart Phone Madness Games 7 and 8: Palm Pre 3 vs. Optimus 3D, Evo Shift 4G vs. Droid Bionic

Go Vote!!

Oh no!!, the Pre3 is going to win and everybody is going to realize that its only due to crazy HP webOS fans. ...I voted.
    I will vote for it !!..
    The Pre3 was the winner by a landslide. Interesting that they had two contests running at the same time, but the one below the Pre3 had fewer votes cast by a ton. I guess the majority of traffic generated is from webOS users, and many didn't bother to even vote in the second poll. Probably a good thing...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast