Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A lot of people where mad when Sprint didn't get the Pre 2. (including me). But think about it. If they did, a lot of possible Pre 3 owners would have upgraded to the Pre 2 and not be able to get the Pre 3 -- which appears to be going up against iPhone 5. Sprint probably is hoping that most of those customers will get the Pre 3 this summer so they don't have a repeat of last year.

But if this is true they need to announce they are getting the Pre 3 ...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Next week. CTIA on March 22
    Dan
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Next week. CTIA on March 22
    One can only hope!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Sprint at CTIA will announce heavy Android phones and pad, I dont think they will announce anything for HP, HP announces there own stuff like Apple. If anyone will announce anything at CTIA it will be HP, if they will. They already stated that TouchPad will be coming in June, all is left are the phones ( Veer & Pre3 ) dont think they will announce those next week. I think they are trying to get webOS 3 on the Pre3 that is why such a delay. I think HP will try the Google way of selling unlocked Pre3 on there site and not with carriers. Will see how this plays out, but so far it is not playing out well for HP, with all the hoopla surrounding Apple iPad2 and some news leaking out about iPhone5, plus not to mention all the chatter about all the Android Tablets and new phones that are coming out.
    I'm one of the guys who didn't want a Pre2 when it was announced despite the age of my Pre-. It didn't impress me enough to warrant using my upgrade on it. But I still say it would have been nice to have the option. Part of the marketshare game is mindshare. They've lost in both regards and one of the reasons is because they can't launch effectively. I'm sure if more people new the Pre2 existed, the Pre3 would have a better chance.
    If you guys do read the articles (as I posted on the other thread like this one) anyalist stated that the more major part of the even then the annoucments of android phones are carrier annoucments:

"Aside from that, however, analysts expect handset news at the CTIA show largely to be confined to carrier partnership announcements rather than brand new gadget rollouts"

so heres hoping they do announce a partnership with HP.

Sprint may dominate device news amid rehashes - CTIA 2011 Preview - FierceWireless
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    Ugh...the last thing I think they need is "Introducing the Evo 3D 4G, the Evo View 4G, the Nexus S 4G....and....oh yeah....(said under breath) we're also carrying the Palm Pre 3."
    you miss understood my post, as with the article. They are saying the show with sprint is more to do with who they will be working with, then gadgets as I stated. Nothing about them annoucing carring the Pre 3.
    My bad, my dude.....I thought they already announced on Twitter or some email that they were a longtime partner with Palm and intended to continue that relationship with HP, tho? Am I wrong? I can't seem to find it on Google right now.
    yeah they did I saw it as well I believe it was very vaugue though, and still would need to make an annoucment I believe stating they will be carring HP products and in this case of course smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    A lot of people where mad when Sprint didn't get the Pre 2. (including me). But think about it. If they did, a lot of possible Pre 3 owners would have upgraded to the Pre 2 and not be able to get the Pre 3 -- which appears to be going up against iPhone 5. Sprint probably is hoping that most of those customers will get the Pre 3 this summer so they don't have a repeat of last year.

But if this is true they need to announce they are getting the Pre 3 ...
    You must not have a Pre 2. I have a Sprint Pre 2 and I would have loved to have it months ago.
    yeah I agree with the above post though Ive only used a Sprint Pre 2 converted a few months and sold it, and now just have a sprint pre plus on 2.1 that device is very very nice. Though I understand it needed to come out last year if on sprint to give enough time inbetween new devices, it is a very good option.
  11.    #11  
    I hope it doesn't get announced at CTIA. I wanna hear news as much as the rest, but that's Evo time for sprint, with multiple devices being announced. That's their big priority. Even if HP gets the remaining Pre users on Sprint to upgrade 100 percent, that just means a portion of the marketshare will stay put.

HP should do another event closer to June where they showoff new apps and announce it's on all four carriers.
    I agree!
    I have already talked to three Verizon representatives who specifically said they will carry the Pre 3 in summer.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I have already talked to three Verizon representatives who specifically said they will carry the Pre 3 in summer.
    and not to say they were lying, but reps dont have the best track record for being right. ive read a bunch of post in the future palm devices, mainly last year, about carrier x is gonna have a palm phone later this year. and then a couple days another one. and nothing came of it. maybe at the time the info was right, but then in the days after the merger the timeline got busted like so many brackets are gonna be. but i dont think so. i will only believe carrier x is gonna have this phone when we know all the specs, or an announcement is made regarding it.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    Eagerly waiting for CTIA!!..
    Am I missing something here? Did we fid out for sure if sprint is carrying the Pre 3???

I'm on Verizon now but sprint is always an option. Had them for three years before I switched to Verizon. Sprint has a better network. Verizon is just bigger.
    Take it for what its worth, I just got off the line with a Sprint "escalated" customer service rep concerning Sprint changing Premier benefits during my current contract period (I chose a higher price plan to have Premier benefits). Anyway she indicated that her life would be easier if Sprint would offer a WebOS phone but with the information she has Sprint has chosen not to pick up the Pre3. She said the purchasing people were not happy with the pricing received from HP/Palm! She said this could change, but if this information is true, it is not looking encouraging.
    It's always been about HP/Palm wanting Sprint. Not the other way around. With AT&T buying tmobile, all of a sudden Sprint looks a distant third if i'm choosing carriers for a product launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's always been about HP/Palm wanting Sprint. Not the other way around. With AT&T buying tmobile, all of a sudden Sprint looks a distant third if i'm choosing carriers for a product launch.
    yep. sprint maybe in trouble.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    yep. sprint maybe in trouble.
    The government would never let Sprint go out of business.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

All the discussions on twitter have been about not wanting ATT to buy tmobile because of their (att) horrible network and other reasons. Sprint might actually pick up a lot of new customers. I've been telling all the disgruntled folx to switch to sprint, as have many other sprint users. I think if they were to pick up the touchpad and either veer or pre3 (preferably pre3) rather quickly, they can take advantage of the momentum.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast