Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    The government would never let Sprint go out of business.
    But it might let Verizon buy them.
    Then only two main companys to choose from. Probably not.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I hope you're right, but have my doubts. The T-Mobile deal went through very easily, like the Comcast-NBC one.

That said, it was merely supposition on my part.
    Yeah right.

Lehman Brothers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouster View Post
    I hope you're right, but have my doubts. The T-Mobile deal went through very easily, like the Comcast-NBC one.
    What do you mean the deal went through very easily. It's going to take over a year to go through if you read the reports.
    I think the buy out would be a huge mistake for the FCC & Dept of Justice would be crazy to let this happen. That puts 75% of customers under ATT & Ver. Way to much power IMO.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Too chirp chirp to fail!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    All the discussions on twitter have been about not wanting ATT to buy tmobile because of their (att) horrible network and other reasons. Sprint might actually pick up a lot of new customers. I've been telling all the disgruntled folx to switch to sprint, as have many other sprint users. I think if they were to pick up the touchpad and either veer or pre3 (preferably pre3) rather quickly, they can take advantage of the momentum.
    That's what I was thinking. T-Mobile is the only other "budget friendly" national carrier. I doubt AT&T will keep T-mobile's low prices, so I could see a lot of their customers switching to Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouster View Post
    But it might let Verizon buy them.
    Sprint users all say it with me now....with feeling....

"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

A more horrible thing has never been suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPuglisi9451 View Post
    Sprint users all say it with me now....with feeling....

"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

A more horrible thing has never been suggested.
    Agreed... but then the CEO of Verizon supposedly agrees, too:

Verizon Wireless CEO 'not interested' in buying Sprint, won't waste time opposing T-Mobile / AT&T merger -- Engadget
    Who's flying this thing?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I agree with RSanchez: if you think you wouldn't want the Pre2, you haven't used one. When a Sprint user says they don't want a Pre2, it smacks of deep sour grapes. Both the hardware and webOS 2.0 are a delight to use, I could never go back. I've become addicted to the snappy performance, to Flash, Just Type (I NEVER use navigation any more, unless I have time to kill and I need to decide which game to play, in which case I go to my Games launcher page), stacked cards, Text Assist, contacts Favorites, more robust multitasking, (did I mention snappy performance?).
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    That's what I was thinking. T-Mobile is the only other "budget friendly" national carrier. I doubt AT&T will keep T-mobile's low prices, so I could see a lot of their customers switching to Sprint.

I could see that as well! And with cool new phones like the EVO3D and hopefully the Pre 3 they would want to choose Sprint for it's rocking 4G and amazing phones!

Oh and I just noticed this thread has been put on the main site! Cool beans ya'll!!!
    With Sprint phasing out their iDen network over the next two years and switching to Sprint Direct Connect and HP wanting to get into enterprise solutions with WebOS, this would be a great opportunity for HP to develop a ruggedized phone for this new service.
    Heading back from a national managers meeting and had a chance to talk to the HP rep there. He confirmed, with me at least, that Sprint is getting the Pre 3. I was showing him my launch day Sprint minus running 2.1 and he was impressed. I tried to nail down some details on the Touchpad but he said everything was so secretive he didn't know anything solid other than they are defiantly pricing to be in line with the Ipad. No launch date info of course but he said June should be a fun month.
    Well, here's hoping that we Sprintophiles get the Pre3. I wish we did get the Pre2 just so there was an option I could switch to right NOW should my current Pre die. I really do not like this limbo.
    I am still annoyed that Sprint did not get the Pre 2. I probably would have been able to get one through insurance when the Pre was EOLed. Exactly how I moved from the Treo 650 to the Treo 700.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Two prominent companies is not the same as only two companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWPeddler View Post
    I agree with RSanchez: if you think you wouldn't want the Pre2, you haven't used one. When a Sprint user says they don't want a Pre2, it smacks of deep sour grapes.
    That seems too simplistic. Its based on the premise that someone needs to use a product to know if they want one. That's just false. I don't need to use hot pink Prius to know i don't want a hot pink car or a car that looks like a prius. I don't need to drive a pickup truck to know i don't need a truck of any kind. I've never used a 60 inch flat screen to know i don't want one. Why? I don't have a wall big enough to fit it and i'm not moving. I don't need to use a Kyocera Echo to know it.

There's nothing wrong with one person liking a device but that doesn't mean everyone will like it. I've never used a pre 2 and don't want one cause i don't want a physical keyboard of any kind, i don't want slider of any kind, I want a HD camera, i want some specific apps, and i don't like the music player software in webos. They are all mandatory and i don't need to actually use the phone to know if it meets my needs. A couple i can just look a the specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWPeddler View Post
    I agree with RSanchez: if you think you wouldn't want the Pre2, you haven't used one. When a Sprint user says they don't want a Pre2, it smacks of deep sour grapes. Both the hardware and webOS 2.0 are a delight to use, I could never go back. I've become addicted to the snappy performance, to Flash, Just Type (I NEVER use navigation any more, unless I have time to kill and I need to decide which game to play, in which case I go to my Games launcher page), stacked cards, Text Assist, contacts Favorites, more robust multitasking, (did I mention snappy performance?).
    With all due respect, you and rsanchez are misinterpreting the previous poster's comments. All he said was that IF the Pre2 had come to Sprint, a lot of Pre- owners would have used their upgrade and then not been eligible for the Pre3 when/if it's released. He's not commenting on the quality/worthiness of the Pre2, but on the logic of releasing two upgraded phones so close to each other on the same carrier.

I agree with him, if the Pre2 was to be released on Sprint I'd still have to wait to see what's happening with the Pre3. And I know I'd love the Pre2 whereas the Pre3 might be too big for my next phone.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I am getting tired of waiting on Sprint to announce ANYTHING WebOS. Nexus S 4G... Evo 3D ...they are taunting me with newer gadgets! Hurry up push a WebOS device!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    With all due respect, you and rsanchez are misinterpreting the previous poster's comments. All he said was that IF the Pre2 had come to Sprint, a lot of Pre- owners would have used their upgrade and then not been eligible for the Pre3 when/if it's released. He's not commenting on the quality/worthiness of the Pre2, but on the logic of releasing two upgraded phones so close to each other on the same carrier.

I agree with him, if the Pre2 was to be released on Sprint I'd still have to wait to see what's happening with the Pre3. And I know I'd love the Pre2 whereas the Pre3 might be too big for my next phone.
    Exactly. I was mad that Sprint didn't get the Pre 2 because I thought it was a worthy device. Still do. However, Sprint needs phones this summer to go up against not one, but two iPhones on the two largest carriers. I think between the EVO3D and the Pre 3, they have that. And they need everyone not to waste their upgrades on a minor phone like the Pre 2 was and use it this summer. And I even think that dual screen phone Echo could be a good seller, although only to a certain type of person. And the Nexus S 4G is a good phone too.

So hopefully we get the Pre 3!!!
    Sprint has already released a beast HTC EVO 3D yesterday, what's up next!!..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast