1.    #1  
    Im actually rather dissapointed with HP with the release of this phone to me this phone is already out of date Motorola of all people already put out a dual core phone like ***? and has 1gb of ram

Motorola ATRIX 4G - dual-core phone - Android smartphone - Tech Specs - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

I wanted to get the new Pre so bad but I dont want to buy into another phone thats out of date as soon as you buy it.
    Then buy what your head or your heart sends you to. Don't worry over this too much - it's just a phone.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    Im actually rather dissapointed with HP with the release of this phone to me this phone is already out of date Motorola of all people already put out a dual core phone like ***? and has 1gb of ram

Motorola ATRIX 4G - dual-core phone - Android smartphone - Tech Specs - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

I wanted to get the new Pre so bad but I dont want to buy into another phone thats out of date as soon as you buy it.
    Perhaps you might want to read the thread about the CPU performance of Pre3. The summary, Atrix , though dual core is slower than Pre3.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    in general i have never been a fan of moto... even their best product the razr was not very intuitive. the atrix 4g just seems like a mess to me. and with TTS between the pre3 and touchpad the hp solution will be more sleek and seemless
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    specs aren't everything people

think outside the box rather than just #'s
    if it don't have WebOs then no matter what the experience will suck. Andriod needs more polish.
    I don't get it, what's so "out of date" about it? Just because it's not dual core? I always hear about these Android phones with the "latests" specs but they get crap performance and horrible battery life.

It's all about optimizing.
    If you haven't touch a Pre 3 with your own hands, then you have no idea what you are missing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    The easy answer to that is NEVER, EVER buy another phone again. You think it's bad now? There's a thing called tech-no-lo-gy and it doesn't slow down, ever. It's like being sucked into a black hole, you move faster and faster and faster and faster. Think back 10 years ago where we were. Then think about where we are. Now think about where we'll be 10 years from now.

You just got played like a violin by Motorola, their strategy worked. They made you want what they have, even though what you do have will last until it really is time for a new one.

yup thats why you buy a phone with of course modern specs, but with the OS and design you prefer. I still have my pre (though have upgraded my sprint pre to a plus and 2.1 meta) and have tried phones like the evo. No other phone gets things done like my pre does, and webos as well as the form factor works perfect for me as a personal and business device. So with me a bit larger screen, and a more fluent experiance is what the Pre 3 will bring to me, and since I enjoy the OS and it works for me that will be my targeted next phone if available on my carrier.
    I've tried a couple of iPhones, and a HTC Desire Z, but that's pretty much my whole smartphone experience, aside from the Pre of course, and most of those "tries" were for 5 or 10 minutes.....hardly enough time to learn how to use them properly. It's going to come down to whether or not Bell carries a webOS product, for me. I seriously doubt I will be able to hold out for another 2 years, finish my contract and then go get a new contract with whichever company has the latest webOS phone.

I just meta'd as well so I think I have a few more months of "newness and life" left I'm actually really liking the text assist, wordwrap contrary to a lot of people's opinions on it. Not liking the voice dial so much, haven't had a successful dial yet, but maybe my Western Canadian English accent is too strong???? rotf
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/15/2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: paragraphs are good
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    you need to stop focusing on specs, and start focusing on experience. Noone short of engadget writers ever has the best spec phone every month. Its like a laptop, as soon as you buy it, it is outdated.

Just enjoy the current phone you have, then enjoy whatever next one you get.
    everytime you buy electronic devises they are out dated. this is nothing new. sounds like you would prefer and be happier with one of the many mass produced droids or the iPhone.
    This thread is going nowhere.
    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.