Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so after reading the article today, showing Apotheker witht the Pre 3 relating to centered gestures when the screen is locked. I assume the reason the Pre 3 is being released around the summer time frame, and not spring like the Veer is because of porting that version over to that phone? Though to me it is a bad idea, and should get the kinks out of 2.1 and release the Pre 3 ASAP, The only reason I can see it being delayed so late is because of that. Also if this is a summer time release, when will we hear about carriers, price, and the minimum month its looking to launch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i dont think it is "delayed", they just aren't moving as fast as we all would like. And I think its more complicated than you are assuming.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    i dont think it is "delayed", they just aren't moving as fast as we all would like. And I think its more complicated than you are assuming.
    well in delayed meaning, the only other smartphone device that was announced at the show running 2.1. I of course am like most understanding it may be more complicating then what I stated, though it also could be a reason as such. So I guess thats what my thought was that it is because they intend on not releasing this phone until webos 3.0 is ready, since they intend on launching the Veer as early as next month (atleast as stated) and is stated to be running 2.1 not 3.0 out the gate. As well as the CEO did state hardware is already finished, so one would only assume its software based.
    on feb 9th they said the veer and pre3 would both ship with 2.2

don't get hung up on version numbers. I'm sure that if they had a launch partner ready to go, they would ship it.
    Highly doubt version 3 will be on any smartphones till next year at best. Right now its best served on tablets and future PCs. Never was a delay but ETA is: when its done right
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I just want it sooner then later.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I would rather it done right then have it now. The whole point of Webos 3.0 (aka enyo) is to allow it to fit multiple devices. we already have a good version that fits smart phones with 2.x so I am fine with them holding off on putting 3.0 on the phone untill it is running well and configured correctly for it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    I think they would put out a GSM unlocked version if that was the case. I might very well switch to AT&T if they do!
    exactly my point, Im pretty sure since the hardware is already done they would want to get these to the market ASAP, especially when you have a working version of 2.1 available. So even offering it via through HP or internet channels unlocked for GSM networks while they find carriers would to me be the most logical thing to do IMO. So if the hardware is ready, and there is a stable version out (2.1) then my question is what does anyone think the delay is?
    on feb 9th they said the veer and pre3 would both ship with 2.2

don't get hung up on version numbers. I'm sure that if they had a launch partner ready to go, they would ship it.
    Actually I thought it was Veer with 2.1, then get an upgrade to 2.2 to support the Tap to Share, no?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    exactly my point, Im pretty sure since the hardware is already done they would want to get these to the market ASAP, especially when you have a working version of 2.1 available. So even offering it via through HP or internet channels unlocked for GSM networks while they find carriers would to me be the most logical thing to do IMO. So if the hardware is ready, and there is a stable version out (2.1) then my question is what does anyone think the delay is?
    I think HP wants to come out of the gate with a home run, not a couple of bunt singles. This is really the first phone that HP is releasing (Pre 2 was more Palm IMO). I think they saw what happened with a staggered release ala Pre 2 and how it really had no momentum. I'm not saying the Veer is going to get V.I.P. status on a carrier, but at least some shared marketing would be an improvement from the Pre 2.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think HP wants to come out of the gate with a home run, not a couple of bunt singles. This is really the first phone that HP is releasing (Pre 2 was more Palm IMO). I think they saw what happened with a staggered release ala Pre 2 and how it really had no momentum. I'm not saying the Veer is going to get V.I.P. status on a carrier, but at least some shared marketing would be an improvement from the Pre 2.
    very true, and I have to agree with you there. I just hope they do put as much emphasis on the Pre 3, as they are the Touchpad, because the smartphone market is where webos IMO needs to prove itself. Now with true support behind HP, I think they can do just that this time.
    Don't you remember when Qualcomm's CEO took the stage at Think Beyond? The freakin CPU is a new design from Qual according to him. It wasn't even in production. Palm/HP is most likely still sampling.

That is why the phone won't be released until the summer. Even the folks on the Engadget Mobile podcast understood the reason for delay.

Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Don't you remember when Qualcomm's CEO took the stage at Think Beyond? The freakin CPU is a new design from Qual according to him. It wasn't even in production. Palm/HP is most likely still sampling.

That is why the phone won't be released until the summer. Even the folks on the Engadget Mobile podcast understood the reason for delay.

I see postives with the delay.

1. HP must have fueled alot of money into Qualcomm to get them to design a CPU specifically for the Pre 3, and by specifically I mean will only be available at time of release on the pre 3. (least thats the idea).

2. We all clamored for the best of the best. And we get a processor not even in the mind of being put on other cpus. Let alone somthing we even knew about. I say koodos to HP for coming through in that department.
    well, HP website said the devices are not available because it has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission.

So the long wait is because of the FCC, no carrier, no date, and no price can be announce till FCC give a go.
    Last edited by nick1sp; 03/21/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Once again, there is no delay because they haven't announced a date or carrier to delay from. They said "summer" and a delay would mean that it's october.... and it's not october.

"slower than I want" is not equal to "delay"

just sayin
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    maybe delayed because they decided to add a gyroscope after all, we could only hope...
    maybe not delayed... Because it isn't summer yet.
    maybe not delayed... Because it isn't summer yet.
    yup
    considering spring started today, we do have 3 months until summer is here...
    and then 3 months of summer. THEN it would be delayed.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    So what is all this about a centered gesture?? from the O.P. P
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast