1.    #1  
    Here is a list of issues currently on my Sprint Pre that will need to be addressed/fixed before I buy the Pre 3; in no particular order.

* Task app that allows for hourly reminders. Not just the day.
    * Calendar app - Ability to see days of week when creating a new or changing a calendar entry
    * Calendar app - Built-in Agenda view
    * Amazon app that access my amazon.com account with ability to play my purchased songs
    * Youtube app that access my youtube.com account with favorites and subscribed
    * Birthday's in contacts actually showing up in the calendar app
    * Some sort of full size view or scrolling view that can be used while typing in forms or discussions forms. Currently I have to resize when at the end of the screen
    * Email apps that actually save the email signature line. For some reason my doesn't save.
    * Updated copy and paste. On some programs you can copy full paragraphs only. Other times single lines. Needs to be more consistent.
    * Ability to add and name pages without the need of a patch.
    * Eliminate too many card error without using patches etc
    * Bluetooth profile that allows you to send contact info to other bluetooth enabled devices.
    * Bluetooth profile that allows the transfer of files
    * Updated pdf viewer. Majority of the time pdf files can't be viewed.

Wishful item: 1) scroll bar - too many times I accidently click links.
    Last edited by Dvigilante1; 03/10/2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Hi all,

When Splash Data bought Agendus last year, they told me, that they planned to bring Agendus to webOS....Which would be great. (That was before the buyout, before Palm even put itself up for sale....I would think having a 2,000 lb gorilla named HP would certainly encourage Splash Data to do so)!

I begged the man behind DateBK to please create a version for webOS...this was before HP bought Palm...he felt "Palm would be sold for a very nominal amount, pocket change, for the little bit of goodwill the Palm name could muster", (his exact words)......I told him that I thought webOS was worth a great deal of $ and that he should get on the webOS train...he kept insisting that he was right and I was wrong.

I contacted him again after HP announced the buyout and when the buyout was completed...both times he declined to answer my emails....which brings up 2 points:

1. I wish HP would just buy the program from him lock stock and barrel. After all, DateBK is a 1 person company and the owner is involved with preservation of the gorilla population in Africa, in addition to his software venture,

2. I also have to laugh, $1.2 billion, which was the final price on the buyout...since the man from DateBK said the buyout would amount to "pocket change"....I can't imagine what kind of pants have pockets that are worth or can hold $1.2 billion, LOL!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi all,

For what ever it is worth, I just called Splash Data to ask if there was anything happening with Agendus and webOS. I had to leave a message and will advice this site when I find out further info.

Take care,

Jay

In the meantime here is the info that I already had for Agendus & webOS:

SplashData Acquires Iambic, Bringing Together Two Leading Mobile App Developers
    SplashData Acquires Iambic, Bringing Together Two Leading Mobile App Developers

LAS VEGAS, NV – Today at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), smartphone application developer SplashData, Inc. announced the acquisition of Iambic, Inc., a pioneer in the development of mobile productivity software. Iambic’s flagship application, Agendus, is an award-winning calendaring and time management solution for iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Palm OS and Symbian devices.
    SplashData’s acquisition of Iambic combines the resources of two of the most respected and established developers of mobile productivity software.

"We are excited to welcome Iambic's talented team and products to the SplashData family," said Morgan Slain, CEO of SplashData. "We have already begun investing in the further development of Agendus, and we look forward to expanding the Iambic line to the latest smartphone platforms, including iPhone, Android, and webOS."

Iambic will retain a separate website, user forum, and brand, but SplashData will start cross-promoting the two lines of applications. Justin Cepelak, VP of Product Management at SplashData, will oversee the operations of Iambic.

Iambic, founded in 1994 as a developer of applications for Apple’s Newton devices, complements SplashData’s lineup of productivity-enhancing software applications for smartphones and personal computers. Both companies have established reputations as innovative developers for all major mobile platforms, including Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, webOS, and Windows Mobile. Iambic titles include Agendus, the award-winning integrated solution for calendar, contacts, to-do’s, and more, EasyNotes, TinySheet, TripTracker, Vehicle Manager, and YourCall.

For more information about SplashData, visit SplashData - Powerful productivity apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows & Mac OS. Iambic’s website is iambic - mobile phone software solutions for Palm, Treo, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, Smartphone, Symbian, BlackBerry and Microsoft Outlook.

About SplashData, Inc.
    SplashData is the leading developer of productivity and security applications for smartphones. The company’s applications include SplashID™, SplashMoney, SplashShopper, SplashTravel, SplashNotes, File Magic, Flight Tracker, Birthdays, and Holiday. SplashData’s products are available for immediate download from SplashData - Powerful productivity apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows & Mac OS. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    * Youtube app that access my youtube.com account with favorites and subscribed

i know this isnt what your looking for but a temporary fix around this is i bypass the youtube app all together. i bookmarked youtube and put it in the spot where the app used to be and it does everything. not a dedicated app but a good temporary workaround.
    The last 5 bullet points have been addressed. I was kind of surprised that you didn't know about the renaming and adding pages have been put in the new launcher. Another thing that you didn't list that they hace added is rearranging app pages like you do with cards. The to many cards error has been completly addressed in the new framework, called Enyo. They have rewritten it so it is impossible for apps to have memory leaks which cause the to many cards error. But for now having a half a gig of ram will more that suffice because you would have to go 2 months without a reboot to get it. As far as bluetooth goes, the contacts transfer is already in 2.0 and there there was an app that worked pretty well that PreCentral reviewed a but ago that did file transfers. And PDF viewer I do blleive is updated in 2.1 but I could be mistaken.

The ones I really want are Youtube account abilities and updated copy and paste. I do believe that copy and paste will be updated soon though. Good weight up! Thanks!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Just an update, I was just watching the MWC Developer Conference and it looks like there won't be an 'Adobe Viewer' anymore thankfully. In, at least, WebOS 3.0 Quick Office is the app that will be handling any type of Word, Presentation, SpreadSheet, or PDF documents. Good news because I do believe that it is coming to the Pre3, although I do believe you have to pay for on the Pre3 and Veer unlike the TouchPad were it is free and preinstalled.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The ones I really want are Youtube account abilities
    That already exists in the catalog

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    i think a simple response to that is we shouldn't have to buy an app to have that ability. it should be integrated. it is webOS right? the OS that is connected and is known for its synergy? youtube should be no exception.
    - Drag up to answer - 5% calls can't answer just keep dragging damn thing across screen.
    - copy and paste and selecting text. you know your pain, no need to elaborate.
    - remove edit field in app properties where there is no editable elements or let me edit dialpad!? It's time to start cleaning interface.
    - contact's picture manipulation and displaying is still awful and painful.
    Clock App - Needs to stop losing alarms regularly

Task App - Needs to stop reordering list when open/closed. Tasks sometimes do not display or display overlapped, especially when going in between show/hide completed tasks.

I don't know if either of these items have been addressed in 2.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i think a simple response to that is we shouldn't have to buy an app to have that ability. it should be integrated. it is webOS right? the OS that is connected and is known for its synergy? youtube should be no exception.
    Ah yes, the old "we shouldn't need any apps, everything should be integrated" argument, usually followed up somewhere by gripes about HP installing bloatware on their computers -- "they shouldn't install programs I don't like on my computer, I should be able to decide what I want and what I don't want."

You have an app catalog. Use it. The guys on Apple and Google do the same, and are ecstatic about every app in their store. Only Palm user are angry at the lack of apps and simultaneously angry at the apps they have.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Bookmarklets should work properly in the browser. It's embarrassing that webOS doesn't have the best mobile web browser.

Access to the file system with support for bluetooth file transfer and better downloading support in the browser.

Copy&Paste needs to be revamped.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Ah yes, the old "we shouldn't need any apps, everything should be integrated" argument, usually followed up somewhere by gripes about HP installing bloatware on their computers -- "they shouldn't install programs I don't like on my computer, I should be able to decide what I want and what I don't want."

You have an app catalog. Use it. The guys on Apple and Google do the same, and are ecstatic about every app in their store. Only Palm user are angry at the lack of apps and simultaneously angry at the apps they have.
    look, i have no problem using the app catalog. in fact I've bought probably 30-40 apps from the cat.

on the other hand i DON'T believe i should have to buy an app to access my you tube account...

i have a visual voicemail app, do you see me saying that that should be integrated too? no...

and where do you come off talking about HP bloatware ect? i don't even own/need a laptop. lol.

also, i am not angry at the apps i have. i love webOS, why else would i be on my launch day pre minus still?

all i was saying is i think its funny that we can upload videos straight to you tube but we cant log in in our account through the native app...
    To many leftovers.
    DEALBREAKERS:

1. Any noticeable lag or touch sensitivity issues (Shift 4G and Ipod/iphone are flawless in this regard)

2. 4 min boot times (I just wont put up with this anymore)

3. Pathetic application offerings and lack of API for basic functionality (QR, Shazam, Skype)

4. No built in optimized keyboard. Android does this to perfection, why is HP following palm's lead and taking away choice? what if i don't want to open the slider everytime?
    Last edited by VickMackey; 03/12/2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: added 4
    PDF is the worst for me.
    I love WebOS, but right now I cant use it. I want to be able to take it out from my pocket, open PDF app and look some article of my 20-25 medicine books.
    I CAN´T. 90%!!! off them wont open.
    All I want to do its read a book.

Its been 2 years!!! and no fix.

I know I have a Pre minus and its natural to be left behind with new softaware.. but come on! a PDF file???

The only reazon Im NOT buyin a Pre3 is if I still have no PDF solution and some Medicine apps (I know there is some, but better ones)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    * Amazon app that access my amazon.com account with ability to play my purchased songs
    FYI, Amazon.com only lets you download purchased songs a single time, so that is just out of the question.