Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if my sprint pre s going to make it. Hopefully there is a Pre3 annoucement soon.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Amen. My Pre minus has been in permanent headset mode for months now. I've tried to clean it myself and have taken it to Sprint to have them clean it also. At best it will stay out of headset for half a day before it goes back. I tried having Sprint replace mine a few weeks ago, got it all backed up and ready to switch, got my replacement...and returned it within two hours to get my old phone back. The replacements touchscreen was unresponsive and was just a POS. At least my phone worked in every other regard so I just decided to tough it out.

If Sprint isn't gonna get the Pre3 I wish they would just announce that already. I don't know why they are just stringing along all of their customer base and not giving us the information to make an educated decision.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Im in the same boat as you. I have a launch day pre- and it needs a tune-up badly. I lost the usb door a while ago, it seems like i can almost twist the screen off the slider and the crack in the corner from being dropped is growing. I named my pre Charlie Sheen cause it keeps winning the test of time.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I just got my 5th replacement Pre this week after last week's replacement was oreo-ing hard, and the down volume button didn't work, and there was a huge gap between the keyboard/screen. If I had known I would get these awful replacements I would have lived with no wifi. I keep telling them that if they get new webOS hardware I will buy it and quit bugging them, but until then I expect replacement phones that are like new, and won't settle for replacements that are worse than what they are replacing. They need to announce the Pre3 somewhere so I can either wait, or move.
    My pre- is dieing a slow and painful death. I think one of the cells in the battery went or something cause it is fine until 50% then it just dies!

My Pre minus has been in permanent headset mode for months now. I've tried to clean it myself and have taken it to Sprint to have them clean it also. At best it will stay out of headset for half a day before it goes back.
    The ghastly head set will help you out
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    My Pre minus has been in permanent headset mode for months now.
    theXfactor2011 posted a fix in the Ghastly Headset thread that actually fixed the problem for me. Haven't had any 'stuck in headset mode' issues for a week now.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2894111

Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
    My pre- is dieing a slow and painful death. I think one of the cells in the battery went or something cause it is fine until 50% then it just dies!
    You can get Pre batteries for $3-$4 on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Standard-...bosnation0e-20

Not trying to derail the Pre 3 discussion, just wanted to lend a hand.
    Last edited by jp22382; 03/09/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    Sprint Pre- | 2.1.0 | UberKernel
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    You can always check Craigslist for your area to see if someone is selling a Pre- or eBay. They are going pretty cheap now.
    How about this? I was in one of the Atlanta area Sprint company stores yesterday, and I was talking with one of the managers about my USB door missing, crack-extending to the screen, weird behaving touchscreen Pre- and if he had heard any news about upcoming HP webOS devices coming to Sprint.

He told me that a rep from HP was there a couple of months ago and assured them that there would be at least one new webOS coming to Sprint in 2Q of this year. So he said that he expects to hear something any day now. Believe me you, I'm gonna keep in contact with that guy...
    My June of 09 Sprint Pre is still going strong, has been a really dependable phone for me. Every 3 to 4 months I clean the headphone jack, keeps the static out and the trip mechanism from sticking.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teeriley View Post
    How about this? I was in one of the Atlanta area Sprint company stores yesterday, and I was talking with one of the managers about my USB door missing, crack-extending to the screen, weird behaving touchscreen Pre- and if he had heard any news about upcoming HP webOS devices coming to Sprint.

He told me that a rep from HP was there a couple of months ago and assured them that there would be at least one new webOS coming to Sprint in 2Q of this year. So he said that he expects to hear something any day now. Believe me you, I'm gonna keep in contact with that guy...
    I fully believe that everyone at Sprint is cultured to be on the Android bandwagon and chances are 100000000000 to 1 they will not know about new devices until maybe a month to a few weeks ahead of time.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Not sure if my sprint pre s going to make it. Hopefully there is a Pre3 annoucement soon.
    Same situation here. If I don't here something within the next 3 weeks, I'll have to get something else.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Find a Pre 2 and do a comm board swap, not only is it pretty easy, it's a really awesome phone too. I'm really glad I did it myself. Makes me feel like I bonded with my Pre. :P
    Sprint Love
    +1 for the search eBay/Craigslist comment. I just purchased a Sprint Pre- with a treasure trove of accessories for $60 on eBay.

My launch day Pre is still going strong, though it does act up every once in a while. I purchased the other Pre on eBay to convert it to 2.1...and also because it came with another touchstone, FM transmitter, etc.

Karla
    I'm patiently waiting for the Pre 3 too. Love my Sprint Pre, though there is so much more that I would like to do with it that it kills me that I have to wait
    My Bell Pre- is dying too If i had $450 to spare i would get a pre2 to hold me until the pre3 is released, but i hope my pre will make it through
    Even IF the Pre3 comes out on Sprint, IF it isn't 4G, I may go EVO or Shift.
    Tough decision. If I have to pay an extra $10 for data, may as well go 4G.
    me 2, my Pre is not going to make summer.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Even IF the Pre3 comes out on Sprint, IF it isn't 4G, I may go EVO or Shift.
    Tough decision. If I have to pay an extra $10 for data, may as well go 4G.
    Thats what I was thinking as well but I dont want to be forced into the middle of Sprint and Androids love affair. I like Android for what it is not dissing it at all but its not for me. I would rather stay with WebOS or possible WP7 just to try it out.

But hopefully if the Pre3 does not ending up being 4G there will be a 4G WebOS phone out soon after, or atleast announced soon.

Everyone wants to know what Sprint is going to do about LTE and Wimax, even HP I am sure.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    im on my 6th pre- and its been one thing after the other for me, whether it be getting a replacement and right out of the box the keyboard doesnt work, or now my power button not being responsive(basically having to use WAY too much force to get it to power off with the button)... but i will wait it out cuz the experience ive had with webos has been like none other, and hopefully the next iteration of devices comes to sprint, but either way ill wait it out
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I still don't know how people go through so many...I'm on my first replacement, got it back in July because of the usb door crack and power button. And this thing has been dropped from waist height onto hard surfaces a number of times...maybe I'm just lucky?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast