Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Meh. My first Pre died today. So... so... very sad. To ebay!

I already spoke to Sprint. They said there was nothing they could do as they no-longer carry the Palm Pre, nor do they have any data on an up-coming release of any newer HP/Palm devices. So much for paying $7/month for the total protection plan. What a waste.
    Makes me wonder if I'm paying the $7 per month for nothing. Although recently my battery died, and they gave me a new one N/C. Also, my switch got stuck, and Sprint fixed it N/C.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    My Pre minus is absolutely showing its age. Its been stuck in headset mode for four days. I'd clean out the headphone jack with a Qtip and some alcohol but it'd just be stuck again a few hours later. Took it to Sprint today and they fixed it in under five minutes. I dunno what they did but I know they called it and when they handed it back to me the dial pad was up and it had the number *94 on the dial pad screen.

We'll see how long this fix last. The rep told me I was eligible for upgrade and I told him I hoped Sprint was going to carry the Pre3. He gave me the "I have no clue" smile, which could be encouraging or discouraging, just flip a coin on his neutrality and hope you come up happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Meh. My first Pre died today. So... so... very sad. To ebay!

I already spoke to Sprint. They said there was nothing they could do as they no-longer carry the Palm Pre, nor do they have any data on an up-coming release of any newer HP/Palm devices. So much for paying $7/month for the total protection plan. What a waste.
    Hmm... I recently got my Pre minus replaced. I took it to the store at the end of Feb and the refurb replacement was delivered to the store promptly 2 days later. I do have the $7 insurance.
    PEOPLE OF SPRINT - INFO I JUST GOT http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...51#post2911451
    "I already spoke to Sprint. They said there was nothing they could do as they no-longer carry the Palm Pre, nor do they have any data on an up-coming release of any newer HP/Palm devices. So much for paying $7/month for the total protection plan. What a waste."
    That's odd. My touchscreen just died this morning so I went to the Sprint store and they ordered me up a replacement at no charge. It will be here in 2-3 days. Yes, I do have the $7 Protection plan.

They asked me if I wanted to use my upgrade and I passed saying that I really liked webOS. And then she dropped the bomb. "We are getting the Pre 3 soon." She went on to describe it from the videos she had seen for training. Holy Schnikey! Music to my ears. I said "THAT is what I'm using my upgrade for!" In the meantime I'll have another Pre (3rd since launch weekend).

I would pressure my Sprint Store (make sure it's a factory store and not a reseller - it's hard to tell the difference sometimes) to get me a replacement Pre. They ARE out there in the Sprint system. Resellers have no motivation to replace your current phone, they are all about commissions on new devices sold. Find a factory Sprint Store. I'm sure you'll get a new/refurb Pre.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 03/16/2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Palm IIIx > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I got my launch day Pre- replaced a few weeks ago because my phone has been in permanent headset mode since about June despite multiple cleanings by myself and Sprint techs. Now it never lasts more than two hours before resorting to headset mode. Well the replacement phone they sent to the store was so bad that I returned it inside of two hours and got my old phone back. The touchscreen was not responsive and I regretted my switch immediately. I'll just deal without being able to listen to Pandora and having to take every call on speakerphone until then. Announce carrier(s) and dates for the Pre3 already!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Ghastly Headset may help lessen the pain:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...dset-mode.html
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm on my 4th Pre since launch day, and this one is definitely on it's last legs. Headset just doesn't work at all (thank God for bluetooth), and the USB door crack is right at the edge of the visible screen. Upgrade day is April 1st, so unless I have news about the Pre 3 being released for Sprint soon, I'm going Evo.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Can't thank you enough davidtm!!! I somehow had missed this app before and it will at least make my phone usable until I can get a Pre3. This will save my sanity
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    You're welcome. Oh, you should realize that the phone will "break" again after your next phone call, so you have to reset it with GH again; it's the only flaw with that app.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    That's still a better solution to me than the alternative. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Well the nexus s 4G is coming to Sprint. If there is no pre 3 announcement in the next month ill be leaving webos. I love my phone and stuck with it since launch but I feel HP has no care in the world for the loyal fans. Especailly pre minus customers, Everyone else got newer better phones than us and still no word on future devices for sprint.
    with you, pre, palm and hp continue to disappoint. Second class phones, lame marketing, pathetic developer support and lacking those killer apps. I'd stick around if I had any hope but I don't. I don't see webos becoming the next android or even wp7. The os is brilliant but it isn't hardware accelerated or optimized and isn't fast. In fact it's still tremendously laggy. As soon as my pre- dies or breaks I'm getting the best phone avail and for sure it won't be the pre3
    I agree, VickMackey and 9520G...today's big news was the merger of ATT and T-Mobile...Verizon was mentioned as the #2 carrier...no mention of Sprint in the blogs and articles I read...Sprint should have issued some kind of news release to keep them in the game, IMHO...
  16.    #56  
    space bar is now working half the time. sound info pops up randomly on the sprint pre
    My wife's Pre has a ton of issues too and Sprint blatantly refused to give us a new one despite the $7/m we pay for the protection plan.

I'll be canceling that on my next turn for sure.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123