Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    All the folks claiming that the Pre 3 kb is one of the, or that reviewers have called it the best, wouldn't you agree that can only be a valid assessment with a post production unit?

    Sine the Pre's kb issues were mostly in hardware, a preproduction unit will tell you very little.
    i disagree, maybe with the state of a OS, but as even the CEO stated the hardware is done before the event, so I expect the what you call preproduction unit is the one we will see this summer. If there are tweaks which there always is, I highly doubt they will revamp things like the keyboard. So no what the reviews on this what you call preproduction units keyboard being hearld the best, or one of the best still stands valid thanks.
  2. #22  
    I don't know I believe there are already 2MM handsets built, sitting around in a warehouse waiting for some time in the summer when an OS gets read to slap on them...
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I don't know I believe there are already 2MM handsets built, sitting around in a warehouse waiting for some time in the summer when an OS gets read to slap on them...
    meaning? because Im sure there are, but most companys are not going to announce a product (def hardware wise) and totaly revamp major portions of it. In this case a physically keyboard to the point where it would be totally different in terms of shape or form. especially when Production of this paticular hardware has most likely already begun (hopefully) and those people who are intent on picking one up, only intends on to because of what they saw at HP's event in every shape or form.
  4. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #24  
    Can people not write of a phone before it even arrives? I understand the need to want something but the phone isnt even available yet. If you really want to stay in the Palm family then wait until it is available. If not the get a Android Family device, I promise no one is going to be mad at you.
  5. #25  
    The pre plus is a bad example. That had a lot of software glitches. Trust us that this keyboard will be much better. And also trust me that if you leave, we will see you again :-). The android OS is so unpolished.
  6. #26  
    My understanding is the the Verizon Pre Plus' had a bad batch of keyboards. The missed/double type issue didn't happen on the Pre Minus nor the GSM Pre Plus. The Pre 2 doesn't have this issue either. And no one has reported this on the Veer nor Pre 3.

    So I'd hold off worrying about the keyboard.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    ... I promise no one is going to be mad at you.
    I decided to think long and hard about the possibility of you leaving webOS...and I want you to know, I am embracing H-Cubed idea and I will not be mad at you! There, I said it...I feel so much better.

    Do what works for you...ain't no big thing. Let us know how things work in Android world.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  8. #28  
    As a fellow VZW pre+ user, I agree wholeheartedly that the keyboard on the Pre3 will be extensively tested in store, and during the first month of ownership should I decide to get one.

    The current Pre+ keyboard is horrid. But it has proved to me one thing, even the worst physical keyboard in the world is better than an onscreen keyboard!

    Seriously though, I wish the Pre3 had had room for directional arrows. Monkeying around with cursor placement is a PITA as it is.

    -Suntan
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Ummm... who said it was the "same" KB?

    I used it, alot at ThinkBeyond... and that is 1 of the, if not THE best KB Palm has ever made. Read some actually reviews of people that used it... they all say the same. Engadget, BGR, Precentral etc...

    And yes...compared to Droid of BB its better IMO.
    actually, Palm didn't make it - hence the better keyboard.
  10. tp2386's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    As a fellow VZW pre+ user, I agree wholeheartedly that the keyboard on the Pre3 will be extensively tested in store, and during the first month of ownership should I decide to get one.

    The current Pre+ keyboard is horrid. But it has proved to me one thing, even the worst physical keyboard in the world is better than an onscreen keyboard!

    Seriously though, I wish the Pre3 had had room for directional arrows. Monkeying around with cursor placement is a PITA as it is.

    -Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    I am excited to get my hands on a Pre 3 and give the keyboard a test drive. I, honestly, haven't had too many issues with my keyboard on the Pre. Every once in a while I mistype a letter or two, but it is pretty rare. I love the fact that I can type on my Pre without even looking at the keypad. I have noticed that I kind of have to be staring at virtual keyboards to make sure I am typing the correct letters.

    I think with slightly larger, more spaced out keys, the Pre 3 keyboard will be perfectly adequate for all users. Once the virtual keyboard is made available, users will have that option as well.

    One thing I do wish the keyboard had - Directional buttons (up, down, left, right). These are nice for placing the cursor exactly where you want it. I have noticed that sometimes when I want to correct a typo, I spend too much time tapping the touchscreen trying to get my cursor in the right spot. It's a minor complaint however. It doesn't seem to happen that often.
    Holding the Grey/Orange key while sliding your finger on the screen drags the cursor guys.
  11. #31  
    Palm users are too entitled to RTFM.

    That said, I vastly prefer my Pre's keyboard over my old HTC Herald's, and even more over the original Droid / Milestone with that weird D-Pad on the side...
    But I reckon there's a lot of personal preference involved. I don't think I'd be able to go back from effortless single-handed typing, for instance, but I know that that is a non-issue for some people. A slightly bigger Pre keyboard sounds like bliss.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    ....
    A slightly bigger Pre keyboard sounds like bliss.
    Doubly so, when it sits below a slightly bigger screen
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunabianca View Post
    The Pre Plus was my first smartphone. I got it the month it arrived at Verizon and paid a lot for it.

    I'd never texted, emailed, etc, on a phone. So, when I got the Pre Plus, I had no idea the keyboard issues (endless missed letters no matter how hard I pressed or how slow I typed, and then multiple letters too) weren't about my newbie status.

    Techy friends tried it--same problems. Speed texters used it--really irritated. (One said, "I'd throw that across the room if it were mine.") I've used their Droids--fast, easy and accurate!

    Once I figured out it was the phone, it was way too late to exchange it. So, I've spent countless minutes typing/fixing texts that should take seconds. Really, hours wasted typing on that thing these past 1.5 years.

    Now I'm counting the minutes until my new-every-two credit with Verizon is available and I can get rid of this.

    And that's too bad, because I LOVE everything else about this phone. Would have upgraded immediately--except that freakin' keyboard.

    Since the Pre 3 looks identical and neither voice text/email or a virtual keyboard has been added, I'm headed to the Droid camp and have already started research to choose my next phone.

    Sounds silly, but I'm sad. Really wanted to stay in the Palm family.
    Hi all,

    While the keyboard may look the same, I am 100% positive that it isn't. I am sure that Palm learned a very valuable lesson.

    For starters we already know that the keyboard is far larger than on the Pre or the PP, which will make it far easier to use for those of you with larger hands.

    Also I now have 3 friends who have various android phones and they don't care for the 'Droid platform. This b/c they said it isn't intuitive at all. The said it was much like learning how to use a PC all over again with lots of quirks etc....which is something I have NEVER heard about webOS!

    take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Palm users are too entitled to RTFM.
    Hi all,

    LOL! I never read the manual, it is much more fun not to.

    take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Doubly so, when it sits below a slightly bigger screen
    ? How is 3.1 to 3.6 considered slightly? The iPhone is a 3.5" screen and people always talk about how much bigger that screen is than the Pre. I think the difference is pretty large - remember diagonal measurement increase is adding width and height - the difference is more than you might think.
  16. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    actually, Palm didn't make it - hence the better keyboard.
    Actually YES, Palm did make this KB. This complete design is ALL Palm.

    *Facts should be known before info is given out"
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    Holding the Grey/Orange key while sliding your finger on the screen drags the cursor guys.
    Fully aware of it. But that is still cumbersome and wanky if you just want to move the cursor around a word or so.

    It's functional as is, but that doesn't mean directional keys would be frowned upon in my book.

    -Suntan
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunabianca View Post
    The Pre Plus was my first smartphone. I got it the month it arrived at Verizon and paid a lot for it.

    I'd never texted, emailed, etc, on a phone. So, when I got the Pre Plus, I had no idea the keyboard issues (endless missed letters no matter how hard I pressed or how slow I typed, and then multiple letters too) weren't about my newbie status.

    Techy friends tried it--same problems. Speed texters used it--really irritated. (One said, "I'd throw that across the room if it were mine.") I've used their Droids--fast, easy and accurate!

    Once I figured out it was the phone, it was way too late to exchange it. So, I've spent countless minutes typing/fixing texts that should take seconds. Really, hours wasted typing on that thing these past 1.5 years.

    Now I'm counting the minutes until my new-every-two credit with Verizon is available and I can get rid of this.

    And that's too bad, because I LOVE everything else about this phone. Would have upgraded immediately--except that freakin' keyboard.

    Since the Pre 3 looks identical and neither voice text/email or a virtual keyboard has been added, I'm headed to the Droid camp and have already started research to choose my next phone.

    Sounds silly, but I'm sad. Really wanted to stay in the Palm family.
    This a simple and easy question or arguement to settle. The fact is that you have not done your homework and found out that the keyboard on the Pre3 is infact a different, larger, and more textile keyboard than the pre and pre plus. If you compare the two, the Pre3's are nearly twice as big! You can read any hands on that covers the keyboard and you will find that they loved it and were impressed.

    Another thing. If you were thinking of putting an on screen keyboard such as the iphone's before the Pre's hardware keyboard, then you are mistaken. First, you have not used one extensively. And second because I am typing this on my Evo, which has a huge screen, and using the Moto Blurt keyboard, which is considered to be the best android on-screen keyboard, and I am hating it and would currently prefer my original Sprint Pre hardware keyboard.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  19. #39  
    Must say, for me overall winner is Iphone's soft keyboard over Pre's (or any Android soft keyboard) but only because of Pre's size. Guess, Pre3 keyboard size will be ideal. I can wait to check it.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    ? How is 3.1 to 3.6 considered slightly? The iPhone is a 3.5" screen and people always talk about how much bigger that screen is than the Pre. I think the difference is pretty large - remember diagonal measurement increase is adding width and height - the difference is more than you might think.
    I am more than happy with the proposed size. The last thing that I want is a >4" slab, but I'll stick with 'slightly' as an accurate description for a 16% increase.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions