Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry Verizon but you have the Pre 2 ? For Sprint on the other hand and all that loyalty is worth, there should definitely be a $50 instant rebate add to the 2 years activation fee for trade in purposes and also to give phones back to HP as relics lol.

Guarenteed to increase sales while showing appreciation to Palm users who where done wrong by means of no OTA updates, which will not happen. Don't get your hopes up, they abandon the Pre.

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    as amazing as that may be and it would be awesome, I don't think sprint would ever go for something like that. Its our choice alone to hold on to our palm pre so its not like people owe us something for not moving on. It would be nice for maybe hp to do that out of gratitude from their hearts, but even then it would be a favor not really something were entitled to.
    Sure that would be nice, but I wouldn't WANT to trade in my Pre. I love it. It's my first and favorite smartphone I've had. I had a centro but that doesn't really count.

I want to keep my PALM Pre forever, I won't be able to get another Palm branded device again.

But they should offer some kind of coupon.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    it would be nice, but I won't hold my breath
    Why would they want you to trade it in? A phone is not a used car. As Kuffo said, Sprint doesn't owe us a thing. If anything they are mad that you have not upgraded to a 4g device.

Palm is the one who said they would make things right. IMO, by putting out the Pre Plus 2.1 doctors they have made things right. All I wanted was the current webOS version and the ability to overclock while I wait for the Pre3... I have these things.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    How were you 'done wrong'? You bought a phone and it was updated multiple times. If you don't like it, buy a new phone when you get the new discount. What are you talking about with loyalty? It seems to me that you're more loyal to staying on Sprint than continuing to use webOS. Therefore, I think you shoulds a $50 cheque to HP based on your lack of loyalty.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I agree that it would be nice, though unlikely to come from from Sprint itself. I could see HP offering us something like this if we order directly from HPwireless.com but I also would not want to turn in my Pre necessarily. Hell, I'd just end up tethering my Pre to my Pre3 when I needed it and I'd be good to go.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I would have to guess that they are going to discount or offer something with a purchase of a new phone for previous webos users. Leaning toward discounted phone trade-in program.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I would definitely take a free case or free hotspot (hey Verizon did it) w/o having to hack it on... or even Touchstone v2.
    This thread should be retitled to "Sprint should offer a webOS phone!" =O
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    Sorry Verizon but you have the Pre 2 ? For Sprint on the other hand and all that loyalty is worth, there should definitely be a $50 instant rebate add to the 2 years activation fee for trade in purposes and also to give phones back to HP as relics lol.

Guarenteed to increase sales while showing appreciation to Palm users who where done wrong by means of no OTA updates, which will not happen. Don't get your hopes up, they abandon the Pre.

What do you think?
    I think Sprint won't care a bit.

The original Pre owners are real "Smart" phone users. They want the best phone, data plan, GPS , Texting for cheapest price available. The combination of Pre + Plan made it possible for most of the original Pre owners. I bet it will be HP, not Sprint who cares for the "Loyal" users. I would say the original Pre owners will get a discount between "$ 50.00 to $100.00" from HP, if they return their Pres in exchange for Pre 3.
    I'd be down for this except I want to keep my phone because there are a lot of text messages and call history that I don't want to lose. Plus my 2 y/o is a pro at Webos, he takes my phone opens and closes games, he loves to play Woodenigma and angry birds. So when I upgrade I plan to give it to him for a gaming device.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Why would they want you to trade it in? A phone is not a used car. As Kuffo said, Sprint doesn't owe us a thing. If anything they are mad that you have not upgraded to a 4g device.

Palm is the one who said they would make things right. IMO, by putting out the Pre Plus 2.1 doctors they have made things right. All I wanted was the current webOS version and the ability to overclock while I wait for the Pre3... I have these things.
    What doctors? You mean the European release for Pre Plus? WebOS Internals took that and brought it to the masses, not Palm. HP/Palm's intent was to only release it for European users or they would have made it available everywhere.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    What doctors? You mean the European release for Pre Plus? WebOS Internals took that and brought it to the masses, not Palm. HP/Palm's intent was to only release it for European users or they would have made it available everywhere.
    That and Pixi owners are still screwed.

It would be very easy for HP to have a mail-in rebate or trade-in program to keep loyal palm fans. It is cheaper to keep a loyal fan than to convert one.

They could even give the pre3 away for free with trade-in with using your upgrade, because gaining long-term loyal users would repay itself down the road. Also think of the Press that would come with this and the users that would receive a free pre3 would obviously talk about the phone more than the average user. Think of it as an investment on HP's part to the community.

Hopefully HP is thinking Beyond.
    Sprint is leaking money left and right already, they do not need to open a new hole all on their own. I wouldn't see them doing this unless HP ponied the money up to do it and I sure as heck don't see HP doing that unless it is for an HP phone.

Besides, it is a dangerous precedent to set. What makes the Pre any worse than other phones that have had similar types of issues?

My guess is that if (if, mind you) HP release the Pre3 on Sprint they WILL offer some type of deal like this as their "make it right" offer, but again, that would be HP paying for it, not Sprint.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dex4 View Post

Hopefully HP is thinking Beyond.
    My guess is They will give either a device discount or $ 50.00 coupon for Touchstone / Towards Apps purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post

What do you think?
    Why would Sprint do something to make things right for HP's promise?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    why?so they can earn $120/yr x2 yrs in additional 3G data fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by sj4231 View Post
    why?so they can earn $120/yr x2 yrs in additional 3G data fees.
    If that was the goal, they could just have a "It's Monday, here's a discount" offer, or maybe just a general discount program. They could call it the "Premier" accounts, or something like that...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    If that was the goal, they could just have a "It's Monday, here's a discount" offer, or maybe just a general discount program. They could call it the "Premier" accounts, or something like that...
    Have you seen Sprint do that? From reading these boards, the majority here want new hardware with webos not the It's Monday Price Mash. By having the hardware, and offering the trade-in, they could entice subscribers to renew for 2 years at a higher rate (the 3G add-on fee).
    I used to believe in HP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast