Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave.m.elliott View Post
    HP did lie and mislead about the upgrade being available for my device, making them predators, parasites, and a mix of both.
    A mix of both? So would that be predasites and parators?

Maybe...just maybe they intended for the older devices to get the update and then found out too late that the hardware couldn't handle it. Perhaps it could run it but had too many bugs?

Just think if they did release it and it was unstable, you and others would be crucifying them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    A mix of both? So would that be predasites and parators?

Maybe...just maybe they intended for the older devices to get the update and then found out too late that the hardware couldn't handle it. Perhaps it could run it but had too many bugs?

Just think if they did release it and it was unstable, you and others would be crucifying them for that.
    2.1 runs good on Pre-, even with 500 MHz. Only issue is the TMC-error and I didn't see that a lot.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    It has to do with a custody case. So the messages between his mother and I are actually pretty important. If it wasn't for that I'd do what I normally do, and that is erase my call history/ texts messages.
    Okay, we'll give you a pass on that one. Not a fun situation, so best of luck.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    They did wrong us as customers but no longer supporting are devices. Especially when when didnt have a upgrade option to any of the plus or pre2. Then they said we would get the 2.0 update atleast and they took that from us. Loyal pre and pixi users DERSERVE sometype of compensation.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    2.1 runs good on Pre-, even with 500 MHz. Only issue is the TMC-error and I didn't see that a lot.
    I'm sorry, but that's just not fact-based. There are many other issues besides TMC errors. Flash doesn't run worth attempting. Some programs run slower than they did before. Those are just the two off the top of my head, but there are many others from many users.

I think the upgrade is worthwhile, and will probably put it back on my Pre, but please, let's not paint it as some sort of perfect OS that HP just didn't want to give us out of spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    It has to do with a custody case. So the messages between his mother and I are actually pretty important. If it wasn't for that I'd do what I normally do, and that is erase my call history/ texts messages.
    If that were me, I'd contact my phone provider (or get my lawyer to) and request the records. The messages on your phone aren't going to be much use in court (too easy to fake), and relying on keeping them there is way too unreliable (phone can get damaged, stolen, lost, or just go bonkers one day).
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    They did wrong us as customers but no longer supporting are devices. Especially when when didnt have a upgrade option to any of the plus or pre2. Then they said we would get the 2.0 update atleast and they took that from us. Loyal pre and pixi users DERSERVE sometype of compensation.
    Sprint support my device. They never promised to carry the Plus or the Pre 2. Sprint never said we would get the 2.0 update, that was HP. Whatever compensation is due to Pre and Pixi users needs to come from HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    My issue is both Sprint and HP are not realizing that there are at least quarter million (to pull from my rear) Pre Minus users out there. Who despite the fact that the phone's hardware is a piece of #$## still hanging on to it.

The moment ATT or Verizon prices fall I bet many would jump the ship.
    Well the original post is about Sprint acting so i won't address the HP point but Sprint has around 49 million subscribers (pull from somewhere other then my rear ) Sprint does not care about 250 thousand subscribers. That's a drop in the bucket. And big picture Pre minus users need to realize is, the Pre was NOT great, from Sprint's perspective. They bought a ton and they sat on shelves. They are growing prepaid not post paid subcribers. And when it was Pre and EVO slugging it out their postpaids where getting EVO's. So I'm sure Sprint is saying if we lean towards something it's the phone that's pulling the customers. Many of those pre users are on family plans and won't leave regardless. Many, are disgruntled with Palm products, to user your words think it's "a piece of ****" and want to switch. If the remaining want it so bad they'll pay full price for the phone. If they leave so be it. We (Sprint talking here) will probably make get more subscribers with an EVO 2.

As for Verizon lowering it's prices. I don't think gonna happen anytime soon unless there is a compelling reason to lower prices like losing subscribers. Maybe AT&T losing iphone users would help but hasn't seemed to happen yet. Verizon and AT&T are fighting with each other. And they seem to be raising prices and taking away services at the moment. I don't think they'll lower plans close to Sprint territory cause Sprint's not taking their subscribers. If they had an iphone too maybe. Cause then maybe they'd be pulling Verizon subscribers do to cheaper rates would be a value for a hugely popular phone but i don't see it right now.

But bottom line is I don't expect Sprint to do much for a tiny portion of their customer base many of which are unlikely to leave anyways when they are trying to make a profit.
    They did wrong us as customers but no longer supporting are devices.
    Not sure that's true. They support the Pre they sold don't they? If someone bought a pre within a year their warranty is still in effect. Now whether there are any left to exchange is another issues. But they'll repair or replace it when possible, right?

Especially when when didnt have a upgrade option to any of the plus or pre2.
    They have no obligation what-so-ever to stock future versions of a phone.

Then they said we would get the 2.0 update atleast and they took that from us.
    Let's be accurate. Not issuing a 2.0 update is HP's call not Sprint. And Sprint is not obligated to provide you an update even if HP had offered it.

Loyal pre and pixi users DERSERVE sometype of compensation.
    I understand it's disappointing but Pre and Pixi buyers got, from Sprint, exactly what they paid for: A phone and two years of service. That's what they contracted for.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 03/06/2011 at 07:20 PM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sprint shouldnt do anything !! HP should do something if anybody does !!
    Exactly why HP needs to invest in its product. Its a Android market on sprint and HP needs to take advantage of that fact.
    Jon Rubinstein has already indicated that they will be doing something special for owners of unsupported WebOS devices.

My assumption would be a mail-in rebate, possibly instant, of $50-75 with purchase of a hp WebOS Device.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Jon Rubinstein has already indicated that they will be doing something special for owners of unsupported WebOS devices.

My assumption would be a mail-in rebate, possibly instant, of $50-75 with purchase of a hp WebOS Device.
    or may be , free touchstone :-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123