Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Forget that nonsense I am not returning my Pre- . That doesnt even begin to make sense, I paid for the device and held onto it for 2 years. I wont soon let it go that easily! Send me a special manufacturers coupon to buy the Pre3 -($50 - %75) bucks and I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sj4231 View Post
    Have you seen Sprint do that? From reading these boards, the majority here want new hardware with webos not the It's Monday Price Mash. By having the hardware, and offering the trade-in, they could entice subscribers to renew for 2 years at a higher rate (the 3G add-on fee).
    Or, they could just have the hardware, and most of those same users would still update.

My point is that Sprint is not going to try to make up for HP's mistake. Nor should they be expected to.
    I think possibly HP might offer something like that?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dex4 View Post
    That and Pixi owners are still screwed.

They could even give the pre3 away for free with trade-in with using your upgrade, because gaining long-term loyal users would repay itself down the road. Also think of the Press that would come with this and the users that would receive a free pre3 would obviously talk about the phone more than the average user. Think of it as an investment on HP's part to the community.

Hopefully HP is thinking Beyond.
    Now that's thinking beyond! HP has money. Sprint is helped out, being 3rd in carriers, but obviously would benefit from the help. And HP benefits from Users especially being new to the cell phone market. Introduction is crucial to keep ones attention. And I think it is time to spend a little to make a lot of impression. Thats if they are smart.
    HP should give CASH back or HP credit back if a old pre is returned in operating condition or on a recent activation of a Pre3. I say cash back after the fact because alot of people have old data on their phones that they still need or want to save. Even if we transfer profiles I think I personally need a day or two to make sure I have all the files i need from my old phone.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Maybe you'll luck into some sort of loophole that I did with AT&T.

Went on launch day to get my Pre+ and they brought up my account. Upon seeing that my last upgrade was 4yrs ago and was using the same Palm Treo680 they gave me an extra $50 instant rebate on the Pre+.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Yeah I don't see this happening. There have been horrible phones before. My razr was a POS and screwed up on me all the time. I didn't get anything back from T-Mobile for it. I had a BlackBerry 7105t and a 50 something degree night cracked my screen (I woke up to a crack in it) and I was SOL. Palm needs to make things right because they promised an update to 2.0, but this is not up to Sprint. Hell Motorola promised an Android update to Behold II customers which they cancelled, but I doubt they gave them anything for their troubles.
    I'm a launch day Pre user on Sprint. Almost ready to upgrade to 2.1. While I can find frustrations with Sprint, sometimes many, they owe me NOTHING. HP did lie and mislead about the upgrade being available for my device, making them predators, parasites, and a mix of both. I'd likely have gotten an Epic and just waited the year for another upgrade. So, based on their deliberate lies (what, like they didn't know until Feb 9 that the upgrade Couldn't happen? Seriously, any lapdogs want to suggest that?) I kept my falling apart Pre.

Legally, HP owes me nothing (without a class action lawsuit decided in our favor). While nothing will change their present-day predator and parasite status or make up for their past actions, they do have the choice on how they'd like to move forward. Given we are talking about the same people who did wrong not so long ago, I'll not be waiting for HP to try and make anything right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave.m.elliott View Post
    I'm a launch day Pre user on Sprint. Almost ready to upgrade to 2.1. While I can find frustrations with Sprint, sometimes many, they owe me NOTHING. HP did lie and mislead about the upgrade being available for my device, making them predators, parasites, and a mix of both. I'd likely have gotten an Epic and just waited the year for another upgrade. So, based on their deliberate lies (what, like they didn't know until Feb 9 that the upgrade Couldn't happen? Seriously, any lapdogs want to suggest that?) I kept my falling apart Pre.

Legally, HP owes me nothing (without a class action lawsuit decided in our favor). While nothing will change their present-day predator and parasite status or make up for their past actions, they do have the choice on how they'd like to move forward. Given we are talking about the same people who did wrong not so long ago, I'll not be waiting for HP to try and make anything right.
    You've expressed a lot of opinion here, but with nothing to back it up. What leads you to believe that HP deliberately lied and misled you? How did this "lie" help them, especially if they were going to reveal the truth before they had another phone to sell you.

Sorry, while I understand the frustration, your accusations make no sense.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You've expressed a lot of opinion here, but with nothing to back it up. What leads you to believe that HP deliberately lied and misled you? How did this "lie" help them, especially if they were going to reveal the truth before they had another phone to sell you.

Sorry, while I understand the frustration, your accusations make no sense.
    While I'm not bothering to get ****ed off about any of this, did HP not say that prior Pre/Pixi models would be upgraded to 2.0? And did the HP CEO not say that the new devices would be available very shortly after the launch event? Neither of those issues seem to be true now, so in short, they did make false statements. Correct?

Either way, I just want a Sprint 4" slab or something like the upcoming BB Dakota/Montana running 2.0. Doubtful if that will happen any time soon while I continue to enjoy my EVO. My wife is finally dumping her 2nd Pre probably this week for an EVO as well. Chalk up 2 more would be Sprint WebOS users who decided enough of the waiting for nothing...

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    HP should give CASH back or HP credit back if a old pre is returned in operating condition or on a recent activation of a Pre3. I say cash back after the fact because alot of people have old data on their phones that they still need or want to save. Even if we transfer profiles I think I personally need a day or two to make sure I have all the files i need from my old phone.
    Ferb could probably rig up something wacky to get you through the transfer...

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I'd be down for this except I want to keep my phone because there are a lot of text messages and call history that I don't want to lose. Plus my 2 y/o is a pro at Webos, he takes my phone opens and closes games, he loves to play Woodenigma and angry birds. So when I upgrade I plan to give it to him for a gaming device.
    Seriously man, let the old text messages go. It ain't Shakespeare on there you know. Who gives a flying f about call history??

Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    Seriously man, let the old text messages go. It ain't Shakespeare on there you know. Who gives a flying f about call history??
    I agree with you. I've never understood why a lot of people think that stuff is so important. When I switch phones, all I want are my contacts. I delete everything else.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    i wouldn't count on sprint doing anything to make pre minus users feel better short of maybe offering the Pre 3. the update thing appears to be HP's call not sprint's. and sprint probably feels zero guilt about the state of webos phones on sprint. they sold a phone on a two year contract. they don't have an obligation to offer future phones. i'm sure they feel like "hey you bought a phone and two years service. You still got a phone and we are still delivering service. We don't have an obligation beyond that." I think the best you could hope for is some sort of feeling of guilt racks them and makes them offer something. I just doubt there is a chance of that given sprint's poor financial state.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The more I read into this thread the more I start to believe that neither Sprint nor HP cares the original Pre owners. FWIW , the Pre owners hung on to the "Pee Minus" in spite of the competition from iPhone3GS/ Evo/ Driod Minus/Droid/DroidPlus/DroidPro/Galaxy/Epic....

Me thinks both Palm before and HP now are stupid. They are "not getting it". Release more hardware is the mantra here. More form factors will result in more customers/market share/Apps and finally a good third eco system around WebOS. Instead they are telling us about how great their OS is going to be or how hard they are working on SDK .... yada yada yada. If I were Leo, I would give both Ruby and Todd two months to get Pre3 on all carriers before firing them both. I can clearly see how Apple will crush HP in a year or two. Or may be they have enough cash to dream for some more time.

HP should release the Pre 3 in before May, and it should give credit to whoever owned Pee minus / Pee Plus to Pre 2.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i wouldn't count on sprint doing anything to make pre minus users feel better short of maybe offering the Pre 3. the update thing appears to be HP's call not sprint's. and sprint probably feels zero guilt about the state of webos phones on sprint. they sold a phone on a two year contract. they don't have an obligation to offer future phones. i'm sure they feel like "hey you bought a phone and two years service. You still got a phone and we are still delivering service. We don't have an obligation beyond that." I think the best you could hope for is some sort of feeling of guilt racks them and makes them offer something. I just doubt there is a chance of that given sprint's poor financial state.
    Yes, and I would add the issue of returned or replaced Pee's . It probably irritated Dan Hesse to the point that he might have said to HP to get the hell out. I remember Hesse quoting about Android Phones not good enough prior to The Droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    It has to do with a custody case. So the messages between his mother and I are actually pretty important. If it wasn't for that I'd do what I normally do, and that is erase my call history/ texts messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    It has to do with a custody case. So the messages between his mother and I are actually pretty important. If it wasn't for that I'd do what I normally do, and that is erase my call history/ texts messages.
    At least in your case, I can understand, but some people are just obsessed with keeping everything. They're Techno packrats.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Yes, and I would add the issue of returned or replaced Pee's . It probably irritated Dan Hesse to the point that he might have said to HP to get the hell out. I remember Hesse quoting about Android Phones not good enough prior to The Droid.
    my guess is Sprint, is thinking largely from a business perspective. If the pre minus didn't do well as they'd hoped. So i'd bet their approach is more akin to we aren't looking to take a loss on anything like giving cash back.
    sprint shouldnt do anything !! HP should do something if anybody does !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast