Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It hasn't received any press at all, but there is a major hardware glitch with the Pre 3 that nobody has noticed yet (or just that nobody wants to talk about). However, it's fairly obvious from a quick glace at the spec sheet that the Pre 3 is a bit longer than the Pre 2 and will force me to pull apart my car stereo and reconfigure my sliding Touchstone mechanism. As it is, the Touchstone slides out from underneath my stereo and there's just enough room for the Pre 2 to sit on the Touchstone with the top of the phone coming a hair's breadth from touching the bottom edge of stereo. I'm suprised HP/Palm didn't take this into consideration.
    They basically took into consideration that most people want a larger screen.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It hasn't received any press at all, but there is a major hardware glitch with the Pre 3 that nobody has noticed yet (or just that nobody wants to talk about). However, it's fairly obvious from a quick glace at the spec sheet that the Pre 3 is a bit longer than the Pre 2 and will force me to pull apart my car stereo and reconfigure my sliding Touchstone mechanism. As it is, the Touchstone slides out from underneath my stereo and there's just enough room for the Pre 2 to sit on the Touchstone with the top of the phone coming a hair's breadth from touching the bottom edge of stereo. I'm suprised HP/Palm didn't take this into consideration.
    I'd be really against the idea of Palm designing a phone because you put your touchstone in your car and it won't fit anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'd be really against the idea of Palm designing a phone because you put your touchstone in your car and it won't fit anymore.
    Touché. Lol.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    YankBoy, ya' wouldn't be trying to yank anybody's chain now wouldya'?

Simple solution: buy a new car that can accomodate your new ("in the coming months / sometime this summer") pre3
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I hope your needs can be met in landcape use
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Keep the Pre2 and use whatever overclocking kernels are available for it.
    Sounds like a major personal problem.

Sfm Evo
    Considering the touchstone was not meant for car charging, it's not something for them to consider anyway. Back to the drawing board for you.
    it will depend on where the touchstone coil sits. But I wouldn't call it a glitch, because I don't think the OP's dashboard was part of the reference design for the phone....

...and the good news is there is a glitch with the Veer design in that it is shorter and will fit better.
    I do hope you've sent a tip to Engadget about this.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    It's just rude! How dare they!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    it does seem anti-palmloyalist, yet another move by hp to stab us faithful in the the heart.

curse you McKinney, curse you!
    There are four lights.
    how is this a "major hardware glitch" - it may be major (or minor) hitch for your particular car application but I can't see this as a major hardware glitch. Reposition touchstone or landscape phone for charging to solve it. You've got several months anyway (or go for a veer, same kinda specs, smaller phone = problem solved)
    Hmmm. I have the exact same problem and just posted a very similar message on my favorite Honda message board, stating that my Accord has a glitch.
    That's not a glitch....

...waitforitcozit'sbeingreadfromthebookofApple...

...that's a FEATURE!

ba-rum-bum-ching
    I lol'd
    This thread is a refreshing blast of comedy
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I do wonder however whether, judging from the pictures, there is a hardware issue considering the location of the mic. I see a hole in the slider mechanism. Would that mean that you always need to slide out the Pre3 to make a phonecall (outscoping headset calling of course)?
    My guess is that they'll be offering a car solution for each phone Don't worry...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast