Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It hasn't received any press at all, but there is a major hardware glitch with the Pre 3 that nobody has noticed yet (or just that nobody wants to talk about). However, it's fairly obvious from a quick glace at the spec sheet that the Pre 3 is a bit longer than the Pre 2 and will force me to pull apart my car stereo and reconfigure my sliding Touchstone mechanism. As it is, the Touchstone slides out from underneath my stereo and there's just enough room for the Pre 2 to sit on the Touchstone with the top of the phone coming a hair's breadth from touching the bottom edge of stereo. I'm suprised HP/Palm didn't take this into consideration.
    hahahm oh noesss.. the drama!~! but anyway have you tried to set it horizontaly? =X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    The OP just needs to get a bigger hammer. Problem solved.
    Don't feed the troll!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    I lol'd
    Well I'm glad that at least one person picked up on the absolutely dripping sarcasm...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    But thanks for allowing us to have some fun
    Dan
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    But thanks for allowing us to have some fun
    I'm glad some people still know how to have fun

Who could have seriously thought I considered the Pre 3 to have a hardware glitch b/c it wouldn't fit in my current Touchstone car setup? Seriously. Are my skills in rhetoric that superb?

Who could have seriously thought I considered the Pre 3 to have a hardware glitch b/c it wouldn't fit in my current Touchstone car setup? Seriously. Are my skills in rhetoric that superb?
    I for one am relieved! You did have me going there at first...people have totally said crazier stuff before. I didn't know whether to lol or facepalm.
    You can always get out and walk.
    Or take public transportation [or carpool if you live in LA]

Better for the planet's "ecosystem" too, hmmn could be a major selling point for HP, I see you in the commercial now ripping out your touchstone and putting on your Nikes.
    I much appreciate the humor in this post. Something to keep in mind: Maybe it is a hardware glitch with your stereo or car as opposed to a glitch with the phone...is it a Toyota? Maybe there is a recall.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    I much appreciate the humor in this post. Something to keep in mind: Maybe it is a hardware glitch with your stereo or car as opposed to a glitch with the phone...is it a Toyota? Maybe there is a recall.
    Now that's just crazy talk...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    This thread is a refreshing blast of comedy
    Not until GFN posts in here

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well I'm glad that at least one person picked up on the absolutely dripping sarcasm...
    Yes, one even said; 'don't feed the troll'
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yes, one even said; 'don't feed the troll'
    I've been called much worse
    It hasn't received any press at all, but there is a major hardware glitch with the Pre 3 that nobody has noticed yet (or just that nobody wants to talk about). However, it's fairly obvious from a quick glace at the spec sheet that the Pre 3 is a bit longer than the Pre 2 and will force me to pull apart my car stereo and reconfigure my sliding Touchstone mechanism. As it is, the Touchstone slides out from underneath my stereo and there's just enough room for the Pre 2 to sit on the Touchstone with the top of the phone coming a hair's breadth from touching the bottom edge of stereo. I'm suprised HP/Palm didn't take this into consideration.
    I suspect that HP has a service technician assigned to fix this problem for you. I suggest you take off work and wait be the phone to ensure you don't miss their call.And yes, I figured your post was a joke, and responded accordingly
    Lol. This was funny.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Of all the complains that I've ever read on Precentral this gotta be the most hilarious. Seriously... Oh and the "Flash sucks on my Pre-" will be number two.
    I heard HP is going to sell a case that will solve this problem.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
    I heard HP is going to sell a case that will solve this problem.
    I think they should give it away for free.

For a while.

The start claiming it was never really a problem anyway.

I think the problem is that your post that was dripping with sarcasm so closely resembled the regular posts of a few people on this forum.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ....and I can't believe no one has proposed the obvious solution.

Get a bigger car.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast