Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    THinking about going for all 3 (Veer, Pre 3 and Touchpad).

I would love to use the Veer while in the Gym everyday and while running since it is very small and would be a great music player/streamer/Radio/phone for the gym/run. Get out of the Gym and get on the Pre 3 seamlessly... and of course the Touchpad....will this be possible?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    No one really knows yet, HP hasn't shared their plans yet
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    im sure for two devices. they all but confirmed that. to paraphrase "come home from work, put my pre3 on the touchstone and pick up my touchpad and continue what i was doing."
    I think it will be on as many devices as you want. Think about it. A lot of Apple people have iPhone, iPod, iPad, iMac, MacBook, AppleTV, etc.

HP wants to create an ecosystem, which I fully 100% support as it is the only way to compete with Apple. Because of this underlying ecosystem, they will have to create a system that allows for a household to be filled to the brim with HP devices, especially if they want Printers, netbooks, phones, tablets, and your toilet to run on webOS. Oh yeah, almost forgot toasters.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I think it will be on as many devices as you want. Think about it. A lot of Apple people have iPhone, iPod, iPad, iMac, MacBook, AppleTV, etc.

HP wants to create an ecosystem, which I fully 100% support as it is the only way to compete with Apple. Because of this underlying ecosystem, they will have to create a system that allows for a household to be filled to the brim with HP devices, especially if they want Printers, netbooks, phones, tablets, and your toilet to run on webOS. Oh yeah, almost forgot toasters.
    right, but I want to switch between 2 cell phones every day.....Veer/Pre 3
    I don't see why not. Having two phones isn't that unusual, and it's not like they run the risk of too many people sharing an account just to use the same apps, since it also syncs contacts, emails, calendar, etc...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Slightly different variation on this - and of course we don't really know much yet - two phones, two profiles/people, one TouchPad.

It would be lovely, obviously, to have a TouchPad each, but the household budget probably won't stretch that far so myself and my wife would be sharing one, and we both currently have a Pre but may well be a Pre and a Veer, although that shouldn't make any difference.

Any thoughts?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post

HP wants to create an ecosystem...
    Yes, I hope HP would let us use the same profile on a webOS PC, TouchPad, Pre 3, and Veer. As you mention, Apple already allows this across different devices. So does Android for that matter.
    By the looks of it when ever you update your device to 2.1 it converts your Palm Profile and thats why you can't use it on older devices from then on. My guess is this means that you can now use it on multiple devices such as the Pre3 and TouchPad. Also Ruby said this is in the release note in a round about way by saying all you have to do when you get a TouchPad is sync it to your Profile (considering you already have a Pre3). So I'll put $5 on the table to bet that you can.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Maybe they'll make the tablet and PCwebOS support an unlimited number of profiles?
    Thinking about keeping my Sprint Pixi as a back-up when the Pre 3 comes out this summer. Logistics wise, wonder if that would be possible.
    I don't think it should be unlimited. That won't be fair and I am sure there will be those who will abuse this. A five device limit like Apple's model is fine.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News